I use Fix-It by Aves for making my tines. I do this over 10ga. - 12ga. wire with hot glue on it. (the glue gives the epoxy an irregular surface to grab)
I color my tines with oils, using burnt sienna, burnt umber, yellow ochre, black, and white (not pictured)
I start by spraying a light
coat of burnt umber Polyranspar lacquer paint.
I steel wooled it just a touch to lighten it. If you don't get it too dark this isn't necessary.
A mixture of yellow ochre, burnt sienna was painted on by brush in a thin wash. I use lacquer thinner to thin the oils way down. Mineral spirits doesn't dry quickly enough for me. The secret is go thin. This isn't the final color, you can always add more later. Dry brushing on a tiny bit of white is sometimes helpful after this step.
With a small brush stipple on some un-thinned burnt umber. No need to be accurate.
Using a large, clean dry brush go over your stippling and blend to your liking. Don't blend it too much, because you are going to do this again later.
Being a little more precise with your markings, do it again with burnt umber, as well as some black stippling. Using VERY little paint is the key.
Dry brush it again. I only did this twice, but the more you do it the darker the tine will get.
Seal it with Krylon Matte finish and you're done.
Always check your customer comments first. I just noticed this was to be a split G-2...CRAP. I'll be adding the split now. Oh well, this is it before I start drilling again. LOL