Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 21, 2014, 10:03:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1603104 Posts in 189088 Topics by 42800 Members
Latest Member: Harley White
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Beginners  |  Topic: Furbearing Road Kill Laws in Pa.? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Furbearing Road Kill Laws in Pa.?  (Read 1234 times)
Mike_Pa
Bronze Member

« on: October 08, 2012, 02:12:58 PM »

Hello,I was wondering if anyone knew the Law on picking up Road Killed Furbearers in Pennsylvania. I heard there was a Law that made it legal to pick them up. I still dont want to take chances and can't seem to find the Law online. I know of a Bobcat that was hit this morning and in perfect shape. I would hate to see him just Rot away,but in no way shape or form want to possess it if theres a required permit,etc. Thanks in advance !!
komodo_28
Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 04:42:52 PM »

To pick up roadkill out of season you need to contact a game warden as soon as you can after picking it up, and there is a 100 dollar permit. Im not real sure on how it would be with a bobcat in season since the limit is one, but I believe you can pick up fox and coons in season no problem if you have a furtakers license. But I would not mess with it out of season if you dont want to pay the permit fee.
steamvalley
Gold Member

some cleaned and dipped skulls

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 07:30:58 PM »

the permit fee i think is at the discretion of the officer you deal with they bring me roadkill sometimes that are in good shape.  I don't even pay $100 for bears.  But maybe it is just the fellows that I deal with.

For all your skull cleaning and dipping needs at wholesale prices. Call us at 570-916-5181
Mike_Pa
Bronze Member

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 08:03:34 PM »

Thanks Guys!!! I decided to pass on this Bobcat. It wasnt worth the risk.I figured the PGC would want some Money...lol and wasnt going to pay for a road kill. Its a shame that a Large Tom is gona rot.I guess I'll just Buy a Hunting Permit and try and get one myself.   ;)
msestak
Platinum Member

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 08:38:35 PM »

should have called the PGC to find out. if the permit was to expensive maybe they could have used a nice large bobcat for educational purposes and a local taxidermist might have gotten the job of mounting it for them.

shame that it went to waste. might have been spoiled already anyway, i hear they go pretty quick.
Mike_Pa
Bronze Member

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 10:35:42 AM »

should have called the PGC to find out. if the permit was to expensive maybe they could have used a nice large bobcat for educational purposes and a local taxidermist might have gotten the job of mounting it for them.

shame that it went to waste. might have been spoiled already anyway, i hear they go pretty quick.

Your right, I should have done that and don't know what I was thinking. I should have taken Pictures too and  didnt.  ::)
This cat was warm when found,but we have cool weather. The only thing I could see wrong is he had a broken front leg. I most likley will think about this for a long time and kick my own rear...lol
Non-TypicalArtist
Silver Member

ABOVE Expectations. BEYOND Ordinary.

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 08:04:51 AM »

The game commission has a a price list for most road kill. It is illegal otherwise even if you have a PA hunting license etc. to hunt that animal. It's listed in the game laws. I believe you need to call within 24 hours of PU. You'll kick yourself on that one!

Non-Typical Wildlife Artistry, LLC
msestak
Platinum Member

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2012, 09:11:01 PM »

no need to kick yourself, just log it into your memory bank for future use :)

like i said too, probably already to late to be used.
Pages: [1] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Beginners  |  Topic: Furbearing Road Kill Laws in Pa.? « previous next »