Furbearing Road Kill Laws in Pa.?
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 01, 2014, 10:07:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1619974 Posts in 191547 Topics by 43292 Members
Latest Member: bambistew
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear! Please Click Here for full details and to enter.
You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate. Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Beginners  |  Topic: Furbearing Road Kill Laws in Pa.? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Furbearing Road Kill Laws in Pa.?  (Read 1301 times)
Mike_Pa
Bronze Member

« on: October 08, 2012, 02:12:58 PM »

Hello,I was wondering if anyone knew the Law on picking up Road Killed Furbearers in Pennsylvania. I heard there was a Law that made it legal to pick them up. I still dont want to take chances and can't seem to find the Law online. I know of a Bobcat that was hit this morning and in perfect shape. I would hate to see him just Rot away,but in no way shape or form want to possess it if theres a required permit,etc. Thanks in advance !!
komodo_28
Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 04:42:52 PM »

To pick up roadkill out of season you need to contact a game warden as soon as you can after picking it up, and there is a 100 dollar permit. Im not real sure on how it would be with a bobcat in season since the limit is one, but I believe you can pick up fox and coons in season no problem if you have a furtakers license. But I would not mess with it out of season if you dont want to pay the permit fee.
steamvalley
Gold Member

some cleaned and dipped skulls

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 07:30:58 PM »

the permit fee i think is at the discretion of the officer you deal with they bring me roadkill sometimes that are in good shape.  I don't even pay $100 for bears.  But maybe it is just the fellows that I deal with.

For all your skull cleaning and dipping needs at wholesale prices. Call us at 570-916-5181
Mike_Pa
Bronze Member

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 08:03:34 PM »

Thanks Guys!!! I decided to pass on this Bobcat. It wasnt worth the risk.I figured the PGC would want some Money...lol and wasnt going to pay for a road kill. Its a shame that a Large Tom is gona rot.I guess I'll just Buy a Hunting Permit and try and get one myself.   ;)
msestak
Platinum Member

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 08:38:35 PM »

should have called the PGC to find out. if the permit was to expensive maybe they could have used a nice large bobcat for educational purposes and a local taxidermist might have gotten the job of mounting it for them.

shame that it went to waste. might have been spoiled already anyway, i hear they go pretty quick.
Mike_Pa
Bronze Member

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 10:35:42 AM »

should have called the PGC to find out. if the permit was to expensive maybe they could have used a nice large bobcat for educational purposes and a local taxidermist might have gotten the job of mounting it for them.

shame that it went to waste. might have been spoiled already anyway, i hear they go pretty quick.

Your right, I should have done that and don't know what I was thinking. I should have taken Pictures too and  didnt.  ::)
This cat was warm when found,but we have cool weather. The only thing I could see wrong is he had a broken front leg. I most likley will think about this for a long time and kick my own rear...lol
Non-TypicalArtist
Silver Member

ABOVE Expectations. BEYOND Ordinary.

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 08:04:51 AM »

The game commission has a a price list for most road kill. It is illegal otherwise even if you have a PA hunting license etc. to hunt that animal. It's listed in the game laws. I believe you need to call within 24 hours of PU. You'll kick yourself on that one!

Non-Typical Wildlife Artistry, LLC
msestak
Platinum Member

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2012, 09:11:01 PM »

no need to kick yourself, just log it into your memory bank for future use :)

like i said too, probably already to late to be used.
Pages: [1] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Beginners  |  Topic: Furbearing Road Kill Laws in Pa.? « previous next »