Use of mini flesher
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 15, 2019, 02:23:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1794012 Posts in 224167 Topics by 49577 Members
Latest Member: SaraJean
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Tutorials  |  Topic: Use of mini flesher « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Use of mini flesher  (Read 20380 times)
sergeant133
Silver Member

Email
« on: March 19, 2013, 08:23:42 PM »

Here are all six videos I have recorded to help with the use of a mini flesher if anyone is interested in watching.  They are broken up into segments and the first video posted is the start.   The ones that follow show the process of fleshing the body of a deer cape as well as splitting they eyes, ears, lips and nose all using a mini flesher.   I hope the videos prove to be useful for some.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orO8ydBrYyA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lNvvGbT2-Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNNHqBPXUm0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROGEfW8ho3w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pItkBFe5do

http://youtu.be/aUdfIBROPt8
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 02:33:06 PM by sergeant133 » Logged
tommy70
Silver Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 03:39:04 PM »

Very useful information Sargeant !! thanks for sharing. What would u recomend as in brand of miniflesher as the best ?
sergeant133
Silver Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 03:51:19 PM »

The only one I can recommend is the one I use in the video which a "Flesh All".  The others I'm not familiar with so I really don't have any input.  I wish I could try others so I could see what they are about.   I think the price for the "Flesh All" is $234.00 through McKenzie and WASCO, or at least somewhere in that ballpark.  It is a glorified die grinder with a special head on it.  They gaurd and blade is where they get ya, especially the guard.   I've used mine for years and haven't had to replace anything however so that's a plus.  That's all I can really offer.  Good luck!
verne
Platinum Member

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 05:28:11 PM »

After seeing this i will have to get mine out again  ;D thanks for the video`s .
RICK P
Platinum Member

Let'er Buck

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 05:55:42 PM »

What do you recommend for an air compressor?

miketruax
Silver Member

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 06:23:34 PM »

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
sergeant133
Silver Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 09:53:01 PM »

I have a single stage 6hp compressor and I run it at 90 psi.   That's one of the drawbacks of the air model.   Fortunately I was already set up with a big compressor.  If you are just using it on the face and running at a low rpm you might be able to get by with a smaller compressor.   I need to back mine down to about 40 psi to see if it would handle this task. 
turkeyjim
Platinum Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 12:12:01 AM »

thanks man it was worth watching
Jim

Jim's Whitetail Taxidermy I do the best with what I got, just remember it wasn't a moose you shot!
MITCHELL4
Silver Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 12:19:27 AM »

Thanks Sergeant, this is very similar to the way i do mine. I usually do several Capes at a time and only do the face splitting everything then i take all the Capes outside and pressure wash them all removing the meat and membrane then salt. I appreciate you taking your time with this tutorial. I think that several people will benefit from this and maybe others will slow down on the bashing of a tool that they don't have a understanding of using. Great job.

Jon S
Platinum Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 07:17:29 AM »

Great tutorials, and the least messy mini fleshing I've ever seen.  How was your cape prepped? It almost looked freshly skinned but somewhat dry.
sergeant133
Silver Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 08:08:08 AM »

Great tutorials, and the least messy mini fleshing I've ever seen.  How was your cape prepped? It almost looked freshly skinned but somewhat dry.

The cape was skinned after the customer brought it in this past season, rolled up, put in a plastic bag and put in the freezer.   So nothing different than the rest of us do.   I would say it probably looked that way because of the camera.  The camera also puts at LEAST 10lbs on a person.  That was obvious when I watched it, LOL!!!
elk74
Silver Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2013, 01:50:40 AM »

very good ,you really show how to get the most out of your mini flesher good job and I hope you get your red lobster!
mayermark
Bronze Member

M&M Taxidermy

Email
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2013, 06:07:57 PM »

By far one of the best tutorials I have seen on the mini flesher. Huge thanks. I will have to give the mini I have another go

\\\\\\\"You can tell me to stuff it.\\\\\\\"
sergeant133
Silver Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2013, 03:09:05 PM »

I hope it has helped!
petasucks
Bronze Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2013, 03:22:52 PM »

Yes sir i use to put a soccer ball under my skin. Could never get it to flesh right on a beam
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Tutorials  |  Topic: Use of mini flesher « previous next »
Jump to: