NTA Queen Mother - Ms. Lola Haynes - Passes Away on 5/21/16
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2017, 09:43:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1784670 Posts in 222098 Topics by 49104 Members
Latest Member: Possum Pete
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  General Discussions  |  The Taxidermy Industry  |  Topic: NTA Queen Mother - Ms. Lola Haynes - Passes Away on 5/21/16 « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: NTA Queen Mother - Ms. Lola Haynes - Passes Away on 5/21/16  (Read 3128 times)
John Janelli
Platinum Member

Email
« on: May 22, 2016, 04:39:22 PM »

With more details to follow, it is with heartfelt sadness that our industry is informed of the passing of our dear friend and Queen Mother of the NTA, Ms. Lola Haynes. We certainly know that she is rejoined for all eternity with her dear husband Charley and the God in which they both served and loved all their earthly lives together.
 Ms. Lola had a deep abiding love and equal passionate fondness for all her NTA children and all taxidermists at the same time. Our sympathy and condolences are lovingly expressed to Ruthie Haynes Carter and all of Ms. Lola's family and friends as well. 
 Rest in peace Ms. Lola, you were the Eleanor Roosevelt of our industry!
Craig Lewis
Silver Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 05:18:04 PM »

How terribly sad.  Mrs.. Lola Haynes was truly a wonderful individual.   I had the pleasure of meeting her on more than one occasion and fondly remember our conversations.  There is no doubt she was a special person always encouraging and supporting all things taxidermy.   Her infectious smile and abiding love of taxidermy and taxidermists will be a lasting legacy for her and her family.  My sincerest condolences to her family and friends.
George Roof
Platinum Member

The older I get, the better I was.

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 05:25:24 PM »

I met her late in life but she "adopted" me very quickly and we kept in touch for years.  My sincerest condolences to Ruthie and to her dear friend Ms. Pearl Henderson.  Lola was a "oner" and "oners" only come once in a lifetime.  Godspeed dear Lady.

If the truth offends you, then by all means, avoid it.
antlerman
Platinum Member

NTA Life Member #0118

Email
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 07:56:47 PM »

Never met her in person, but had the privileged of speaking to her on several occasions via the phone. Always supportive and encouraging. She truly loved the NTA and all it's members as her very own children. A true mothers heart in every sense of the word. She will definitely be missed. Deepest condolences to family and friends.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 03:04:05 AM by antlerman » Logged
Michelle B
Platinum Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 09:04:27 PM »

John thank you for calling me about the sad passing of Miss Lola. I only met her once but have never heard anything but good things about her. She sounded like a wonderful Lady.
My personal sincere condolences to the family and also I'll speak the same from all of us on the board of directors of the NTA. She will be missed.

Please let us know of any further arrangements.

"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything that comes their way!"
michael p.
Platinum Member

Getting better with age :)

Email
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 11:20:52 PM »

Gods speed dear lady, you only left a mark on me but the notes you shared with my mother also.

Spent my whole life lookin' back
 Not lookin' ahead to see
 Trying to keep my feet on track
 Doin' what was expected of me
 Kick my shoes off so they can't trace me
 Leave no forwarding address
 Before they all drive me crazy
 And I leave 'em all in a bloody mess
C.C.
Swamp Angel
Silver Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 01:06:57 AM »

Thank you John for posting this. We've been hip deep in arrangements today, but I wanted everyone to know that Mom's funeral will be at the White Sanders Funeral Home in Fisk (just a few miles from Poplar Bluff), MO, on Tuesday, May 24, visitation at 1pm and funeral services at 2pm. I'll post a copy of her obituary soon as I get it finished. I don't usually have a hard time writing, but this has been a hard item to write.

And thank you all very much for your kind words; they are a balm to our sore hearts. And thank you Ms. Pearl and Angie for driving so long and so late into the night to see Mom before she died. You made her, and us, happy.

Love to all of her NTA kids from Ms. Lola's other kids (in age order):
  Ruthie Haynes Carter, dau.; Charles L. (Butch) Haynes, son; Mike Haynes, son; and Robin (Bunny) Woodruff, grand dau.
Instructor
Silver Member

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2016, 08:18:06 AM »

Rest in Peace Ms. Lola.You were truly an Icon in our Industry.I will never forget what a sincere and beautiful person you were.I know God has you at his Heavenly table.

joeym
Platinum Member

Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2016, 08:32:16 AM »

She was a dear lady.   I always enjoyed visiting with her and her family at conventions.   Rest in Peace Ms Lola. 

Joey Murphey, Taxidermist    Chunky, Mississippi    www.mstaxidermist.com     http://wokk.co
dianny
Bronze Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2016, 09:16:58 AM »

God bless you Ms. Lola.
museum man
Platinum Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2016, 10:31:59 AM »

I met her and charley at the second nta convention way, way back in time...they were great people

i am a retired taxidermist from the museum of science and natural history.....
Richard C
Platinum Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2016, 11:55:18 AM »

My sympathy's to the family. Ms Lola was the best. I met Ms Lola and Charlie at the first NTA in Poplar Bluff , they were the most welcoming people I had ever met. They were always in my thoughts  and always will be .   Rest in peace Ms Lola
Bill Yox
Forum Moderator

Email
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2016, 12:17:11 PM »

So sad to hear of her passing. She sure was an interesting lady. I think she had the worst phone I ever tried to listen to. Ill miss her polite frankness.
Rick Carter
Forum Moderator

Email
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2016, 12:52:30 PM »

Such a sweetheart and wonderful person. Will surely be missed.

Rick Krane
Platinum Member

Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2016, 03:51:27 PM »

So sorry to hear this. I hope she now will rest in Gods arms. She was truly a nice lady!

Rick Krane

Join us for Anglers Artistry's Big Announcement! Click the Banner for more information:

http://rickkraneschool.com
Please like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Rick.Krane.Anglers.Artistry
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  General Discussions  |  The Taxidermy Industry  |  Topic: NTA Queen Mother - Ms. Lola Haynes - Passes Away on 5/21/16 « previous next »
Jump to: