The Passing of a Friend and fellow taxidermist Sam Carrafiello
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 25, 2017, 05:48:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1760249 Posts in 217578 Topics by 48196 Members
Latest Member: jimmy blue
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  General Discussions  |  The Taxidermy Industry  |  Topic: The Passing of a Friend and fellow taxidermist Sam Carrafiello « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Passing of a Friend and fellow taxidermist Sam Carrafiello  (Read 1379 times)
Rick Krane
Platinum Member

Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

WWW Email
« on: May 24, 2016, 10:32:02 AM »

It is a hard thing to write about the loss of a friend. I'm have never been short for words but I sit here very deep in thought and in memory about my friend Sam and his family. I have been traveling and returned to prepare to see my friend Sam and now I realizes that this will not be. Im so saddened and sorry! As a teacher it is natural to stick up a friendship as I have with many over they years but a few leave a mark on your place where those who can do. Sam was not only a Anglers Artistry member he was a friend to my family. A big hearted man with a passion for life!

We were working on a project which is my honor now to complete gratefully! I'm so very sad as I sit here as man thinking of the great jury Sam takes to the promise of a seat at the table! I know he will be loved and here missed!

My prayers go out to the entire family of Sam Carrafiello. Laurie God holds him near and dear now!

Rick Krane

Join us for Anglers Artistry's Big Announcement! Click the Banner for more information:

www.anglersartistry.com/store/
Please like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Rick.Krane.Anglers.Artistry
AnglingArtisan
Gold Member

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 03:35:02 PM »

I had the opportunity to speak with Sam on a couple occasions, and wow what a truly nice guy he seemed to be. You are right Rick, he really stood out as a genuine, kind soul.
Rest In Peace Sam...now you will see where those iridescent colors and intricate patterns actually come from ;)
Rick Krane
Platinum Member

Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 03:52:35 PM »

Rich thanks for being you my friend! What nice things to say about Sam he really was a great guy! Very kind of you!!!

Rick Krane

Join us for Anglers Artistry's Big Announcement! Click the Banner for more information:

www.anglersartistry.com/store/
Please like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Rick.Krane.Anglers.Artistry
Bill Yox
Forum Moderator

Email
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 05:03:40 PM »

I met Sam when he visited my studio the first time. A big guy with a big presence, a big heart, and just a good guy all around. He took a class from me and later, a Yoxathon with me at Rick Steeles place in Michigan. Like Rick Krane said, when you teach, you make friends. But Sam was just special. Its sad to have lost him. My thoughts are with his family and friends.
DL
Platinum Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 06:15:48 PM »

A nice tribute Rick. One of the things that I don't enjoy at all in this stage of life is loosing friends. True friends are not replaceable. During our lives we are only blessed with a handful of them and to loose one is like loosing part of yourself.
 Sorry for your loss and for the family.
Pages: [1] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  General Discussions  |  The Taxidermy Industry  |  Topic: The Passing of a Friend and fellow taxidermist Sam Carrafiello « previous next »
Jump to: