NY taxidermists mourn the loss of a great one...Anthony Scorza
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 18, 2017, 07:49:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1790174 Posts in 223356 Topics by 49406 Members
Latest Member: Killswith300wsm
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  General Discussions  |  The Taxidermy Industry  |  Topic: NY taxidermists mourn the loss of a great one...Anthony Scorza « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: NY taxidermists mourn the loss of a great one...Anthony Scorza  (Read 1082 times)
Bill Yox
Forum Moderator

Email
« on: June 12, 2017, 02:45:11 AM »

Long before the days of my being inspired by names like Joe Meder, Sallie Dahmes, Dale Knobloch and so many others, I, as a young boy, met the legendary Anthony Scorza of East Rochester, NY. In taxidermy, he was IT. He taught me life lessons even as he was sometimes apprehensive about showing what was then known as trade secrets in taxidermy. In the late '60s and early '70s he was so well known. I couldnt thank this man enough for his friendship and guidance over the years. Always a proud promoter of his tanning, he would send me home with tips, if not directions. I later understood why. And I learned how to earn it, as he had.

Anthony was in the military and one might say, he never really retired from it. In his later years, into his 90's, he began to tell some friends he was ready for his final orders. His Lord did indeed issue Anthony Scorza his final orders late last week. I think I lost a little part of me last week, too.
museum man
Platinum Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 11:06:40 AM »

sorry to hear it.  everyone is inspired by one true professional and that loss is usually one of the most important times in our lives, as was meeting them originally.

i am a retired taxidermist from the museum of science and natural history.....
Fred Barilla
Silver Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 08:17:05 AM »

Rest in Peace
Bruce Rittel
Gold Member

Consultant Services

Email
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 05:07:44 PM »

RIP Anthony Scorza - you will always remain my friend! I will miss you though. We always enjoyed a quiet day together, discussing Tanning and new products on the Market. I enjoyed those moments and my Condolences go out to your Friends and Family, including your dedicated employees. My yearly "Day Trip" to East Rochester when I attended the NY State Convention, will always be remembered!   

Professional Training - Problem Solving - Knowledge! Contact RITCS - we can help!
Pages: [1] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  General Discussions  |  The Taxidermy Industry  |  Topic: NY taxidermists mourn the loss of a great one...Anthony Scorza « previous next »
Jump to: