doing euros in Ga. do you need a lic.?
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 16, 2018, 08:37:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1793336 Posts in 224041 Topics by 49537 Members
Latest Member: Tkrusen
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Skulls and Skeletons  |  Topic: doing euros in Ga. do you need a lic.? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: doing euros in Ga. do you need a lic.?  (Read 663 times)
fishinfool
Bronze Member

Email
« on: October 26, 2017, 09:58:54 PM »

I was just wondering if you need a license to do euros in Ga. Are euros considered taxidermy? I was told I would need a tax. lic. to mount anything for anyone other than myself. If my wife shoots a 12 pt. buck, I can't mount it for her without a state lic. So, how can so many do euros without lic.?
Rausch
Gold Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 10:33:16 PM »

I was just wondering if you need a license to do euros in Ga. Are euros considered taxidermy? I was told I would need a tax. lic. to mount anything for anyone other than myself. If my wife shoots a 12 pt. buck, I can't mount it for her without a state lic. So, how can so many do euros without lic.?

Its only illegal if you get caught. Just like any other service there will always be who dont have the right license/ insurance /whatever else you might need who will do work cheaper until they get caught.
Sea Wolf
Platinum Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 11:27:22 AM »

Can't hurt to have the license. In Massachusetts, it's only $25 and a fur buyers license is $30. Cheap and better than answering questions.

AKYetiMan
Bronze Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 12:32:09 AM »

Technically you need a license (or at least here you do). I just started cleaning other peoples skulls and was debating getting a license. I called around and to my dismay everyone I talked to said doing european mounts was taxidermy and I needed a license. It kinda stunk because up here in Alaska it costs $200.
fishinfool
Bronze Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 11:24:55 AM »

I boil a few, maybe 8 per year. I hate them and I don't consider it taxidermy because there's no skin involved and by definition it's not Taxidermy. I only do it when ask because it's a draw to get people to my "outta the way" shop, to see my other work.

My problem is, when I got my state lic. I was told I can't even mount my son's deer without a lic. If I mount for "ANYONE OTHER THAN MYSELF", I'd need a lic. Now, everybody's doing skulls. Even hunters are asking "who does euros cheaper than a taxidermist around here." I've heard of two deer processors doing them and advertising it. WT deer, 80 bucks, no wood. The law should be the same for everybody. If I need a lic., they should have to get one.

What does it take to make it in taxidermy? Get hooked up with a cooler, that's all. Some of these young guys taking in 200 bucks a year because they have 2 coolers feeding them customers. Dry preserve, no glue, no sanding form. 300 bucks for sho mount. Pointed ears, round eyes, hair patterns outta symetry. The cust love it.  I'm done, rants over.
Cajun Dan

Email
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 10:24:14 PM »

This is from the application for Ga Taxidermist License:

"It shall be unlawful for any person to engage in the business of taxidermy or provide taxidermy services to
anyone other than himself unless he has first been issued a taxidermist license by the department as provided in
Code Section 27-2-23."

That said, I doubt anyone would say anything if you were doing it for a family member and not charging money. 
Pages: [1] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Skulls and Skeletons  |  Topic: doing euros in Ga. do you need a lic.? « previous next »
Jump to: