The Way I Ship fozen raw hides Doubled-d65
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2019, 04:51:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1794012 Posts in 224167 Topics by 49577 Members
Latest Member: SaraJean
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Tutorials  |  Topic: The Way I Ship fozen raw hides Doubled-d65 « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: The Way I Ship fozen raw hides Doubled-d65  (Read 17144 times)
Doubled-d65
Silver Member

Email
« on: March 26, 2008, 05:00:09 PM »

Here is what i do to get ready to ship raw frozen hides /capes ( this works well for me)

1. first i use a vacuum sealer I insert what needs to be shipped out and seal it then put into the freezer then on to the next step.
2 I get a box's that works for what I'm shipping ( not to small or to big )
3.I go to the local lumber /hardware store an pick up a few thing needed ,foam sheeting ,duct tape ,scotch tape
4 I start making a foam box's inside the box that i pick out to use including all sides and bottom.
5 once I get that done I then take the duct tape /scotch tape then seal the sides and around the bottom some nothing can get out.
6 then when I go and get what I'm shipping out place it into the box's ,i normally place some sort of jell packs inside as well one on top and one on bottom.
7 then I place the top piece of foam on top ,then like i did inside of the box's I tape and seal the edge around the opening then flip the top of the box's close .and seal it as well across the top sides and i do the bottom as well. I spare no expense when shipping frozen raw hides/birds /cats,ect  It is a little easier on your pocket before your buyer gets it then after they get it and its spoiled .

Now this is my way of shipping /could use this idea and we can get MORE GREAT DEALING WITH POST
Dennis D

where one good mount Deserves another
Doubled-d65
Silver Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 05:01:44 PM »

here are some pictures

Doubled-d65
Silver Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 05:03:05 PM »

and more

Doubled-d65
Silver Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 05:04:25 PM »

and the last hope this has been helpful
Dennis D

michelle127
Gold Member

Michelle and Ron Ream-Life Mbr - NRA,NAHC,DAV, VFW

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 09:57:13 PM »

Can't get any better than that. Thanks for the good instructions I know lots of people will benefit.

Alive Again Taxidermy
Ron and Michelle Ream
PO Box 1236
7057 Hwy 83 N.
Condon, MT 59826
406-754-0031
[email protected]
Marty Dupertuis
Platinum Member

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 10:05:02 PM »

That is a good post.  Nothing is worse than getting a poorly packaged hide and losing it.  As a buyer, I am HAPPY to pay a few extra bucks to get it packed right.  As a seller, my price includes that kind of packaging and I won't ship any other way.

Jus to add to your post, I also place the whole package in the freezer until right before I ship.  I have learned that the UPS truck picks up here at 4:30 PM, so I don't drop it off until after noon if possible.  -Marty
show me
Gold Member

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 10:08:24 PM »

If more people would take the time and extra effort to package items correctly, there would be allot less unsatisfied buyers...
Lenny
Platinum Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 10:53:34 AM »

Amen.
Doubled-d65
Silver Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008, 02:10:57 PM »

Also if more people take the time to pack it right they will save there $$$ in the long run and there would'nt be a bad sellers list
Thanks Dennis D

[email protected]
Platinum Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2008, 02:28:13 PM »

Your enemy when shipping frozen goods is air space. Which is why peanuts are a poor choice, they dont displace air. Your best bet is to  use fiberglass insulation, next choice shredded paper. Dont skimp on the void fill.

Hog Heaven
Wholesale Boar Taxidermy
35771 Jackson II Road
Carthage, N.Y. 13619
Marty Dupertuis
Platinum Member

WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2008, 04:16:11 PM »

Great point Bill.  In looking back on the pictures, I see there is air space.  I use insulation as well.  But I prefer to make the box closer to the size needed.  I would never pack with peanuts.......
visions of wildlife taxid
Platinum Member

love me or leave me, just dont try to convert me

Email
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2008, 04:22:24 PM »

another great place to get the heavy duty foam meat boxes and hospital boxes is your local veterinarian office, i just took a pair of my labs in for rabies updates, and noticed one on the counter, he said how many do you want, and gave me 12 boxes in various sizes, i used to get them from a client who runs a trash truck, but since he is now working in the office instead of on the truck, my stock had depleted, but check with your clinics, vets, and resturaunts as they get organs, semen, and meats in them and them pitch them, they work great and you dont have to cut foam, or buy it for that matter, i use a pair of gel packs and fiberglass insulation and coupled with these cooler boxes have never had a complaint on my shipping methods, just thought i would add a little to what is already here, Russ

Visions of Wildlife Taxidermy Studio
www.visionstaxidermy.net
102 Laray St. Cassville,MO 65625

Proud supporter of DU, Delta Waterfowl, NWTF,& Whitetails Unlimited
Doubled-d65
Silver Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2008, 04:58:26 PM »

Marty and Bill
this was A EXZAMPLE photos of course there is air but if you also look that is one of the thing I prevent from getting in or out , ALWAYS shipped tight never had any problem with shipping at all ,when my hide/ animals arrive the are still frozen or just thawing .
Dennis D

driftwood0014
Silver Member

WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2008, 06:13:06 AM »

Good post Dennis. We will need to pack better, as this "global warming" is really taking off.
Roger E
Silver Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2008, 06:27:35 AM »

Global warming?  Come on...I don't believe that is a huge factor here...do you really?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Tutorials  |  Topic: The Way I Ship fozen raw hides Doubled-d65 « previous next »
Jump to: