« Last post by xxohmycaptainxx on Today at 05:15:29 PM »
Thank you all for the advice but it seems my efforts were futile as the skull began to break down. I'm not really sure why though. The peroxide I used was common 3% store brand so It shouldn't of been that. It just started breaking apart into little dusty pieces. Yeah my maceration water was pretty hot, at 95 degrees, but it was only macerating for 4 days. I've been macerating another skull, which I ID'd as a feral pigeon, and its still fine after nearly a month. Oh well, ya win some ya lose some. In other news I just received a male Reeve's muntjac skull and a python skull, which I got for free when I purchased the muntjac, that I ordered a few days ago. Both are really gorgeous. I wish the muntjacs horns were more symmetrical but from what I've gather their horns are rarely symmetrical.