Small Wt on couse form , help please
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 01, 2014, 08:39:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1619958 Posts in 191546 Topics by 43292 Members
Latest Member: bambistew
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear! Please Click Here for full details and to enter.
You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate. Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Deer and Gameheads  |  Topic: Small Wt on couse form , help please « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Small Wt on couse form , help please  (Read 1391 times)
Dan Bond
Bronze Member

« on: December 13, 2006, 10:45:22 PM »

I got in a nice albino wt buck thats to be done in a wall pedistal, problem is he is small, he measures 6 1/4 x 12,  I dont mind altering some but I notice TRU-FIT mannikins  have a 6 1/4 x 11 wall pedistal just how I need it.  I am not familiar with couse deer living up north will this small wt albino spike look good on a couse deer form?  also any recomendations concerning good earliners for small deer is also appreciated,  thanks   Dan  Bond
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 07:54:15 AM by Dan Bond » Logged
Dan Bond
Bronze Member

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 08:10:20 AM »

sorry for my ignorance but are couse deer the deer in florida and the carolinas, or are they just small whitetails?
Evelyn Billington (Superpig)
Platinum Member

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 09:51:02 AM »

Have you checked out Research button buck forms? We used couse deer form for small whitetails before and the end result was a good mount. I don't think there is all that much difference between the couse and the whitetail. Someone corrrect me pleae if I'm wrong. :)

Offering Wholesale services for skulls, reptiles and small mammals
Billington Ranch Taxidermy
Georgetown, TX
254-793-2120
www.billingtonranchtaxidermy.com
www.facebook.com/billingtonranchtaxidermy
taxidermyranch@aol.com
Jim B
Platinum Member

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 11:31:49 AM »

Evelyn.I think you are right.I used to use small whitetail forms for Couse deer,before there were decent forms available for them.I often had to shorten the nose to eye a little bit.I think the whitetail wall pedestal should work.Check the nose to eye measurement.You may have to lengthen it some.
Dan Bond
Bronze Member

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 01:14:08 PM »

thank you for your reply I will have to give it a try!
Pages: [1] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Deer and Gameheads  |  Topic: Small Wt on couse form , help please « previous next »