Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2014, 05:52:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1609945 Posts in 190042 Topics by 43011 Members
Latest Member: FJ_Ben
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Tutorials  |  Topic: A Steelhead Reproduction Essay « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: A Steelhead Reproduction Essay  (Read 23146 times)
Chad See
Silver Member

Certified "Fish Head"

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2006, 03:12:09 PM »

:o :o :o :oBeautiful!!  I new it was gonna be nice, but Travis, that is awesome!!!  Congrats on that fish.  I hope to one day paint a fish that is even close to that good!!  Rick, looks like another success story to me.

Great job, both of you.

Chad

Lets see some pics of that salmon.

Rick Krane
Platinum Member

Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2006, 09:32:49 PM »

Such Kind words! It is always nice to hear from several past students who remember what it was to go through it all to come to the reward of the end of the workshop! Also thank you all for the praise of Travis fish! Travis worked so very hard and put some hours in for sure ( go figure) Super job Travis! As GB said your customers will be very happy!

My Best!

Rick

Join us for Anglers Artistry's Big Announcement! Click the Banner for more information:

www.anglersartistry.com/store/
Please like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Rick.Krane.Anglers.Artistry
Gina
Platinum Member

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2006, 09:41:34 PM »

Ahhhhh, alot of the pictures did not show!!!  Love the essay though!!

The rooster may crow, but its the Hen that delivers the goods!
Travis
Gold Member

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2006, 09:45:42 PM »

Thank You everyone for the kind words! I can not say enough nice things about Rick and the way he teaches. He makes you feel like part of the family. Now I need to get busy and put all those skills he taught me to use.
Thank You!!!!!!!!
Travis
Sawtooth Taxidermy, Todd
Platinum Member

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2006, 09:58:08 PM »

Great job on the steelhead. Ours here in central Idaho are a little darker. I'm not a fish guy, as of now, but plan on taking Ricks course in the near future. I can only hope my steely will turn out as well. Again....Great job.
JP a.k.a Taxi-lover
Platinum Member

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2006, 03:14:44 AM »

Very much thank you Rick!!! Awesome lesson again! I'm so glad for this new forum and it's possibilities to actually learn from each other... Very informative,thanks!

I have a dream...more trophies on my wall!
Stan N
Bronze Member

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2006, 12:42:34 AM »

Rick are the Dvds going to be out for Christmas? Just wondering?
Stan

Proud member of the Anglers Artistry fishhead family!
Rick Krane
Platinum Member

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2006, 11:59:08 AM »

Hey Stan,
I just heard back from Joe and they are still in the editing process from what I gather. I will ask Joe to make a point of updating as they come available. Thanks again.

Rick

Join us for Anglers Artistry's Big Announcement! Click the Banner for more information:

Kastaway
Gold Member

Taxidermist, Pioneer of Freeze Drying 1969

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2006, 12:52:15 PM »

I know everyone is anxious to see the DVD's with Rick but it is no small process. Filming them was the easy part. To edit them correctly is a lot of work, thus probably why this kind of thing is not readily available on the market. The DVD's with Tony Finazzo are just being printed now after months of editing, but as you will, it is well worth it. These will all be a reference that will cherished and referred back to over and over. When i get a chance, I will post a couple of fish I have painted since I started the filming. These are not after watching what was filmed, just what rubbed off from watching. It has made a difference in my work by osmosis, people that study and pay attention to what is being shown, will definitely make a difference in their work. Just the simple way Rick sets eyes as well as paints them, will change your quality. Easily to follow, and good close ups will make these well worth the money as well as the time to view them. Please be patient, I know all to well that that is not easy at times. Will keep the net posted as to the progress of these reference DVD's!

Joe Kastaway Kulis
Kulis Freeze Dry Taxidermy
725 Broadway Ave.
Bedford, OH  44146
440 232 8352
web site http://www.kastaway.com
UFD
Silver Member

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2006, 07:44:09 PM »

Wow, very impressive results!!  :o  Great teamwork by student and teacher to be able to bring life to a piece of plastic!
BillW
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2006, 02:20:32 PM »

That is one awesome fish Travis GREAT JOB!
Rick Krane
Platinum Member

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2006, 09:03:55 AM »

Hey Bill!

Always great to hear from past students and a good friend! As you know and Travis has learned that we are one big family and the network we have that share in is far reaching! Good to hear from you and thank you for the kind words on Travis fish! As soon as I get the Camera back I Will post Travis Hummpy Pictures!

My Best

Rick

Wings to Tails

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2007, 02:52:43 PM »

great work Travis, cant wait till june Rick. havent been this pumped about fish in a long time Jim W
Rick Krane
Platinum Member

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2007, 08:56:59 AM »

Hey Jim you live in a great part of the country for sure and I'm pumped that your pumped!!!! June will cone soon and your next goal of doing better fish is in the works! I thank you for the kind words and it was my pleasure to speak with you the other evening! It will be lots of fun and a good opportunity to reach some of your taxidermy goals!

My Best!

Rick Krane

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Tutorials  |  Topic: A Steelhead Reproduction Essay « previous next »