Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2014, 08:26:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1610852 Posts in 190159 Topics by 43032 Members
Latest Member: kimberly@
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Deer and Gameheads  |  Topic: detachable antler questions « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: detachable antler questions  (Read 1695 times)
Adam

« on: December 19, 2006, 10:17:57 AM »

I am doing three elk that need detachable antlers. I am thinking about making the pins myself using keystock and square tubing, however, there is a little wiggle in the keystock because it is a little smaller than the square tubing. I would like to mold something inside of the square tubing to tighten up and stop the wiggling but because it is two metal surfaces I am not sure what will work best to stick to the sqare tubing and release the key stock, any suggestions? I hope this make sense. ??? ???

adam
bill@hogheaven
Platinum Member

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 03:59:24 PM »

Por a kast or a similar product.

Hog Heaven
Wholesale Boar Taxidermy
35771 Jackson II Road
Carthage, N.Y. 13619
Bill@Real Life

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 07:55:01 PM »

I tried that and found that by the time I had fiddled with all that it was much faster for me, to just order the detachable antler kit from Research...they do work excellent and I just put one in a Caribou I mounted this weekend.  There is very little play and it stays solid.  I would suggest that to go that way...good luck.
jstady2002
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 12:57:02 AM »

ummm weld a little bead....grind to a firm fit. bout the fastest way if you got the equipment.
NickyG
Gold Member

"IS IT ALIVE, OR WAS IT MOUNTED BY GLORIOSO?"

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 06:50:30 AM »

Going with Supply company detachable hardware might save you$$$ because you may spend more time than it is worth on it.....Also, you can just buy 1 detachable antler kit...Usually only one side NEEDS to come off on ig elk to get them in your house

Nicholas R. Glorioso, Owner of Glorioso Wildlife Mounts, New York  (802) 733 2590 CELL Professional taxidermist of 16 Years!
WWW.ELUSIONCAMO.COM
AndyO
Platinum Member

meow

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 12:23:20 PM »

I am doing three elk that need detachable antlers. I am thinking about making the pins myself using keystock and square tubing, however, there is a little wiggle in the keystock because it is a little smaller than the square tubing.

One wrap of electrical tape will take away the wiggle.

"If you are not aware of how bad you suck, you're an idiot."  ~Rick Carter 1-12-12
Pages: [1] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Deer and Gameheads  |  Topic: detachable antler questions « previous next »