Krowtan VS Lutan F?
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2014, 01:56:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1625209 Posts in 192460 Topics by 43492 Members
Latest Member: lorensend
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear! Please Click Here for full details and to enter.
You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate. Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Tanning  |  Topic: Krowtan VS Lutan F? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Krowtan VS Lutan F?  (Read 1412 times)
bbarnthouse

« on: December 25, 2006, 12:18:15 PM »

I read allot on this sight about both of these tanning solutions. I have bought both to try soon. I have a couple of deer skins and some coon skins I am playing around with. I bought the Krowtan whitetail formula and the Lutan F. I am wondering why you would not just use the Krwotan as it eliminates the pickling process?? But as I said some people on here swear by the Lutan also?? Anybody have experience with both? And if so, which is better for what? I want to tan the coons for later mounting and tan the deer hides for rugs/wall hangings. Any advice/info is greatly appreciated.
oldterryr
Platinum Member

Terry's in Heaven with no worries at all.

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 06:48:10 PM »

if you are wanting soft skins and are using them on deer size animals or bigger lutan is the only choice - for everything up to coyote i use kt and then oil and break skin

jesus is forever!!

http://tdavistaxidermy.com/
bbarnthouse

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 02:26:06 AM »

Thanks for the input.
Pages: [1] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Tanning  |  Topic: Krowtan VS Lutan F? « previous next »