Misssouri Taxidermy institute
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2014, 09:39:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1573294 Posts in 184681 Topics by 42031 Members
Latest Member: Waters Edge
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Training  |  Topic: Misssouri Taxidermy institute « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Misssouri Taxidermy institute  (Read 2289 times)
bellsbigbucks
Platinum Member

« on: December 08, 2008, 10:19:09 AM »

Have any of you guys went here? Any feedback on this school would be appreciated. Thanks
Kevin M.
Platinum Member

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 10:34:14 AM »

Yes I went there. So did several others that frequent this site. I learned a lot there. Chip and Carrie are great people. You get a lot of hands on training. I did 7 mounts while I was there and they are all still in my show room 5 years later.
  And they are about the most afforable taxi school I could find. If there is anything else I can help you with contact me. I'll be glad to help.
                                  Kevin McClure

P-burg Taxidermy
Kevin Mcclure
HOLMES
Platinum Member

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 10:35:52 AM »

www.taxidermy-schools.com

Chip and his familly are top notch. I went for 30 days and learned alot in a short amount of time. Of course I learned alot more after I got home but I would have not even known where to start with out them. If you dont know much and are starting from scratch I think its a great place to start. Lots of us on here went there and were happy. I know Russ went there also as well as several others.

The devil made me do it the first time, but the second time I did it on my own.............
msc
Silver Member

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 12:10:18 AM »

I went there after hobbying with taxidermy for almost 10 years and learned alot while I was there
Chip is a great Teacher
Highly Reccomended

MSC
bellsbigbucks
Platinum Member

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 08:44:22 AM »

Thanks for all the input!!
MTI
Silver Member

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2008, 05:22:15 PM »

Thanks to all for the kind words.  We appreciated it.  "Bellsbigbucks" if you are in the area you are welcome to stop in as visit our school.  Come by when there is a class in session, and you can visit with students that are "in the trenches".  Check our website for class dates.  We begin as 9:00 am and occasionally finish by 5:00. 

Thanks again,
Chip
www.taxidermy-schools.com
deerlvr
Bronze Member

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 10:51:06 PM »

Chip is a great teacher.  His family treats you like a part of their family while you're there.  I went there for this past spring.  I went only having done a few deer heads with some help of a friend who's also a taxidermist.  I learned a lot in such a short period of time.  I looked at a lot of different schools and think I chose the right one.  If you have any further questions, please PM me, I'd be happy to help.

Don
Russ of V.O.W.T
Platinum Member

my Ken Edwards moment

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2008, 11:13:01 PM »

count me in as one of the people who went there.  They are top notch people who know how to teach as well and keep your hopes and spirits up when your looking at a wet bird thinking holy crap there is no way this is gonna work, LOL  i recomend them anytime.  Russ

Visions of Wildlife Taxidermy Studio
102 Laray St.
Cassville Missouri 65625
bellsbigbucks
Platinum Member

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2008, 09:11:11 AM »

GREAT NEWS!!!!! Vocational Rehab has agreed to send me to MTI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am enrolled in the next 8 week class!!!! ;D ;D ;D
HOLMES
Platinum Member

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2008, 10:03:01 AM »

Congrats. Youll enjoy it.

The devil made me do it the first time, but the second time I did it on my own.............
bellsbigbucks
Platinum Member

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 11:38:26 AM »

Leaving in a few days!!!!! IM EXCITED!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Pages: [1] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Training  |  Topic: Misssouri Taxidermy institute « previous next »