"The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 3~ Week 15
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2014, 07:30:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1625228 Posts in 192460 Topics by 43494 Members
Latest Member: fishmicon
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear! Please Click Here for full details and to enter.
You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate. Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Fish Taxidermy  |  Topic: "The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 3~ Week 15 « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: "The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 3~ Week 15  (Read 9686 times)
Rick Krane
Platinum Member

Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

« on: January 09, 2009, 02:45:04 AM »

"The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 3~ Week 15

A Warm Welcome to The Week in Fish Pictures from Hinsdale New Hampshire! I hope every one is recovered from the New Year's week and is back to the workshop! I do want to once again wish every one a healthy and safe new year in 2009! So here's to lots of good fish work and many enjoyable spring fish to see!

So many Talented and gifted fish artist's come here each and every week and share with us their passion and inspiration we all can use to motivate us to the next level of satisfaction and success!

Jonathan!!! Very Nice Catfish Well done! Soft tones and nice detail to the fins!

Don Patton!! Sweeeet Smallie! Love the nice coloration and soft barring! Well done!

Bill4bass!! Two killer fish! Love the marking on the pike and the Walleye is very fishily in deed!

Garyc71!!! Super job on making your own Bass! That is a lot of fun to do and very rewarding when it comes out as well as yours!

Rich Benedict!!! What can I say other then Im a huge fan of your work always soft and very fishy!!!

Brother Brad Jones!!! Well done on the Bass! I hope your getting what your worth on this work your doing!

Wishbone!! Good work on the Smallie! Like to see more work from you!

Dan Blackstone!!! A true gifted hard working artist! Man I have always enjoyed your talents!!! Well done!

Mark in Pottsboro Texas!!! Kick A** Bass my friend! Well done and the base is pretty darn great too!

Kris! Love the action and the pose of this beauty! Well done!

Terry Fuller! Man I like that Pike! Very Nice detail my friend! Good to see your work back here!

Scott H!!! Great looking comp piece your doing there! Thank you for the pictures as well!

Manny!!! Killer Crappie! Well done of this tough fish! Looks very Crappie Like!

Uncle Dave! We got to talk! Posting live fish! LOL! Kidding! Not to discount your work however I must say I expect nothing short of this spectacular work! This is why you truly are one of the very best ever!

Bryan Russell! Well done on the trio!!! I especially enjoy the Weakfish!

Scrubby! Good Looking Pike! Well done!

John! Another nice Pike I see some good deer work there too! Well done!

Al from SC!! Very Nice Bass Al I seer your work continuing to improve!

Michael Ross! I really enjoyed your sharing of the beautiful rainbow flat art! This was a really joy to see! Please post again I look forward to this!

Fishmedic!!! Well done on the bass great fin work too!

I want to thank all of the great contributors who really show not only great talent and work but rather give such inspiration to all of us! This closes out the great contributions for 2008!

A great week Fishheads!!!!!

From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every week in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another.

I thought I would start the week off with a wonderful human being and a good friend and member of the Anglers Artistry family Mr. Ed Mountain Ed Babenau of Alstead New Hampshire! A Mammal guy by trade and all around taxidermist Ed endured the riggers of Bill Yox for his game head training and decided to go through Fish taxidermy Boot camp with Kathie and I! Ed did a wonderful job on a Smallmouth Bass. This is a new Bass from Tim and Lou Wynia and a well done reproduction as well. I hope you enjoy the work of Mountain Ed!

So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the week!
So with out further ado let's get week #15 under way.

So here we go and here is to a great week in fish pictures!!!! #15 Enjoy!

My Best!
Your Friend
Rick Krane

My Best!

Rick Krane
Anglers Artistry
312 Chesterfield Road
Hinsdale, New Hampshire 03451
Office: 603-336-7296
Web: www.anglersartistry.com

Here is a beautiful done Smallmouth Bass By Mountain Ed Babenau of Alstead New Hampshire

Here is a Head shot of this detailed Smallie!

Here are a few Close of of the hand work Ed did to make this fish look so soft! Well done Ed!

Join us for Anglers Artistry's Big Announcement! Click the Banner for more information:

www.anglersartistry.com/store/
Please like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Rick.Krane.Anglers.Artistry
B Jones
Platinum Member

Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 07:20:56 AM »

Arse kickin smallmouth Ed, Just awesome.

Strive to do your best, you have only yourself to disappoint.
DougP
Platinum Member

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 08:24:00 AM »

Beautiful smallmouth Ed! Detailing is superb :o

Rick, another great example of your teaching prowess....outstanding :o

Here's a 53" Minnesota musky, skin mount.

Last week had some awesome fish art! Kudos to those who contributed!!

Uncle "F'n" Dave :o :o.........simply beautiful!!  My hat is off to you sir.....wish I lived closer so I could see your art in person aaaannnnnddd, maybe talk technique a little, eh??

* msky snds 53 1.jpg (46.58 kB, 720x576 - viewed 1592 times.)

* msky snds 53.jpg (79.12 kB, 720x576 - viewed 1589 times.)

Doug Petrousek
DOUGLAS TAXIDERMY
2S432 Cedar Court
Elburn, IL 60119
630 557- 0158
"Custom mounting of North American
and Exotic gamefish."
Wild Bill
Bronze Member

If my hats missing im fishing

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 08:37:33 AM »

Awe man Mountain Ed what a beautiful Smallmouth. Love the detail !!! Makes me want to attend Rick's fish boot camp. Doug your work always inspires me too !!
DanB
Silver Member

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 09:14:17 AM »

Awesome muskie doug!! Love the bar markings and overall coloration. You need to stop posting live fish on here along with Dave C 

long spur
Bronze Member

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 10:17:10 AM »

That's an awesome Smallmouth, Ed.  Incredible attention to detail.  Also, great work Doug.  This is my first repro bass.  It's a 24" Arp.  Feel free to send me PM with any critiques.  That's the only way to get better.  Looking forward to a great week.

* bass72.jpg (68.46 kB, 576x360 - viewed 1513 times.)

* bass72head.jpg (103.43 kB, 576x360 - viewed 1514 times.)

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.
Marc
Gold Member

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 01:20:33 PM »

WOW! That musky is very nice Doug!!! Sweet smallie too.
 Long spur...your painting skills have a solid foundation.
wishbone
Bronze Member

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 01:45:37 PM »

love all 3 ^

another smally

1st lmb

Nathan
Gold Member

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 03:49:27 PM »

Super job Ed! It looks just like the real thing!
ccook63
Platinum Member

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2009, 06:32:21 PM »

All nice fish and very hard to follow but here is the last skin mount I have from last year. I love the smallmouth Ed and Doug that musky is awesome. Keep the pictures coming

* IMG_0079.JPG (33.49 kB, 615x461 - viewed 1416 times.)

* IMG_0081.JPG (33.47 kB, 615x461 - viewed 1393 times.)

DOUBLE TAKE TAXIDERMY
"SO LIFE LIKE YOU NEED TO LOOK TWICE"
doubletaketaxidermy.com
UFD
Silver Member

BIG FISH

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 07:37:52 PM »

Oh my!!!!! Eds SM Bass is quite a fish - me likey everything about that one!

Doug, great Musky!!  I love the action it portrays and the realism all rolled into one super package!  ;)  I'd be happier than I could imagine to be able to stop by your shop someday and BS a little.

Lots of nice Bass mounts and repros, guys, it looks like this is shaping up to be "This Week In Bass Pictures"!

I doubt if Ill get another Steelhead done before the end of this current TWIFP, so to keep the theme of bass pictures going, here is something a little different for this week:  A cropped section of a picture I took of the LM Bass I finished several weeks ago

* cclmb 004chop.jpg (109.93 kB, 700x738 - viewed 1435 times.)

Chief Axidermatayist at Your Mom's House of Fish Mounts
DropTine
Platinum Member

DSCN0137.JPG

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 08:36:18 PM »

2 Oscars I completed. Mark

* DSCN0251.JPG (101.8 kB, 1060x795 - viewed 1396 times.)

Drop Tine Taxidermy  St. Cloud MN

2010 Fantasy Football Champion
long spur
Bronze Member

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2009, 09:09:48 PM »

How did he do dat?  If this were a competition, I'd cry "UNCLE" and throw in the towel for good.  UFD, that's phenomenal. I'm not going to give up, though.  Someday I hope to be 1/2 that good.  A lot of good looking fish so far.  And man, are those Oscars cool looking fish or what.

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.
Travis
Gold Member

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2009, 09:12:32 PM »

Mountain Ed, WOW! That is one Awesome Smallmouth!!!!! I love all the detail! Way to go!!!! I hope you and Rick were able to fit in a pizza in between all that work LOL!
DanB
Silver Member

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2009, 10:02:40 AM »

Hey people, don't remember if I ever posted a perch before, but this is one I finished a couple years ago.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Fish Taxidermy  |  Topic: "The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 3~ Week 15 « previous next »