NOTICE: wolf pelts from the US (origin - Canada) to the EU
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 27, 2014, 07:17:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1626107 Posts in 192622 Topics by 43519 Members
Latest Member: Kingtutt
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Lifesize Mammals  |  Topic: NOTICE: wolf pelts from the US (origin - Canada) to the EU « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: NOTICE: wolf pelts from the US (origin - Canada) to the EU  (Read 3066 times)
wolfEC
« on: September 13, 2006, 05:21:14 PM »

Here is a VERBATIM e-mail I just got from TRAFFIC - Europe regarding wolf pelts being shipped to the EU.
This pretty much settles it... no wolf sold to the European Community.

Those of you from the EC, cool it with trying to buy wolves, it's not legal unless you've bought off your customs port guys... hah.

--- fwd ---

Dear Sir/Madam,

Many thanks for your query following a visit to www.eu-widlifetrade.org which was passed on to me.

Every application for an Annex A import permit in the EU is considered on a case by case basis and I could only recommend that the potential importers in teh EU apply for an import permit to find out the outcome. However, in general, import permits for Annex A species traded for a commercial purpose are not granted.

You can find the contact details for the CITES Management Authorities of the USA or of the potential EU importing countries on the following website, and they may be able to further answer your question

http://www.citesorg/common/directy/e_directy.html

Best wishes,

Amlie Knapp
Senior Research Officer
TRAFFIC Europe
Bd. Emile Jacqmain 90
B-1000 Brussels, Belgium

Direct Tel: 0044 (0) 1223 277427
Direct Fax: 0044 (0) 1223 277237

TRAFFIC, the wildlife trade monitoring network, works to ensure that the trade in wild plants and animals is not a threat to the conservation of nature.

--- --- ---

My original question:

I have repeated requests from people in England, Wales, Ireland, Germany, and Switzerland. They wish to buy wolves I have legally imported from Canada. I am in the USA and I am licensed to import and export wildlife. I am familiar with the USA and Canada laws regarding CITES species.

My question is, is it legal for me to sell wolf pelts to these people in the aforementioned countries, legally exported from Canada and then legally exported by me in the USA (re-export permit)?

If so, when I present the items to my customs broker, will the broker have any issues getting an import permit from the importing country, as Canis lupus appears to be on Annex A?

--- --- ---
Skywalker
Platinum Member

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 10:33:42 PM »

Try selling them to Norway.They didn`t join the EU and they have all the oil/money anyway.To all you bunnyhuggers in the EU,just because you won`t buy them that doesn`t mean we will stop shooting them!You have NO influence on how we manage our wildlife.

I can`t complain,but sometimes I still do!-Joe Walsh
Pages: [1] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Lifesize Mammals  |  Topic: NOTICE: wolf pelts from the US (origin - Canada) to the EU « previous next »