wigeon tongue........
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 31, 2014, 02:16:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1619551 Posts in 191506 Topics by 43279 Members
Latest Member: Graybull
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear! Please Click Here for full details and to enter.
You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate. Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Bird Taxidermy  |  Topic: wigeon tongue........ « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: wigeon tongue........  (Read 503 times)
duxrus
Platinum Member

« on: February 07, 2009, 04:01:08 PM »

I know all the who's who bird people of the world are on here so I figured i would ask if anyone has or could make me tongue for a wigeon mount I plan on doing with the Euro I killed this past season. I know you can buy mallard and say teal hard plastic ones from catalogs but really wanted something more realistic. I am not asking for a free hand out and would gladly pay whatever is needed to get something realistic looking. I don't cast anything so I would be lost trying to make one myself. Thanks   in advance....Brian
RDA
Platinum Member

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 04:06:10 PM »

you can meke a very simple cast of the toungue.  use acrylic cualking  lay a base of cualk down on a plastic bag  press the toungue into the bed of cualk  then  lay a layer over the tounge-  using a tool to spread the cualking.  after two days,  cut a fine line in the cualiking on the bottom side of the tounge,  and flush it out with water-  the curing action of the cualk eats the protiens in the tounge  and it is litterally disolved.   then you can use cast-all to pour your custom tounge....  Ive also used bondo to pour the tounges  has a nice pink base color to start-  just overfill the mold  and manipulate the excess out of the cut.... ;)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 04:19:13 PM by RDA » Logged

NEVADA WILDLIFE STUDIO

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GASASS MALINGERERS

In HONOR of Mr SIMON T. BLACKSHAW, ARTIST SUPREME!  1957-2011
stuffenstuff
Gold Member

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 06:39:50 PM »

RDA sounds like an easy tutorial for you to do....would be nice. :)

Give the laziest man the hardest job, he will find the easiest way.
duxrus
Platinum Member

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 10:05:22 PM »

Thanks for the info. I will have to give it a go.....
Pages: [1] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Bird Taxidermy  |  Topic: wigeon tongue........ « previous next »