Beehive Preservation
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 28, 2014, 08:27:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1626180 Posts in 192632 Topics by 43523 Members
Latest Member: a206205
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Habitat and Exhibit  |  Topic: Beehive Preservation « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Beehive Preservation  (Read 5224 times)
glock2340

« on: March 06, 2009, 10:21:05 AM »

I recently got myself a nice beehive about the size of a basketball. Anyone know how to preserve it so it can be attached to a bear mount?
Mossyback
Gold Member

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 12:29:22 PM »

You do nothing. if it is going to be knocked around a bit you can spray Aqua-net hair spray on it and that will help the loose sheets stay in tact.

No one ever laid on their death bed and said \"I wish I would have worked harder and spent less time with the family\"
Wildside
Platinum Member

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 12:32:52 PM »

Bee hive or hornets nest?  I think the bees need to be killed, but the wasp/hornets can be killed by freezing.  Seems like thats what has been posted before.
Newmarx
Silver Member

Nice Rainbow Rich!!

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 06:39:48 PM »

I use good ol' Wal Mart matte clear spray,Spray the sh#t out of it and let dry.I have had mine for years one is about the size of two basketballs!
Critter

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 09:53:59 AM »

Funny i just seen this  :D I was on my way home yesterday and seen one hanging about 20' up, but over water  :'( I have been looking for one for about three years now as my others got destroyed in a house fire. I did find one last month but an Ice storm had destroyed it  >:( I have always used spray shellac to preserve mine. I will give it my best attempt to retrieve it without killing myself next week before it warms up and the little buggers start getting active  ;D

Dink
cedarhill
Silver Member

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 11:47:28 AM »

Hey seriously when I was a kid I found one brought it home when it warmed up the hornets came too, really make sure they are dead before bringing it into the house or shop you can run into some serious issues like the other nice folks here have said
Pages: [1] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Habitat and Exhibit  |  Topic: Beehive Preservation « previous next »