First Mount - What do you think?
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 26, 2014, 05:07:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1625679 Posts in 192555 Topics by 43502 Members
Latest Member: lynnsonya
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Beginners  |  Topic: First Mount - What do you think? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: First Mount - What do you think?  (Read 3232 times)
Jeep Man
Gold Member

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2009, 08:14:25 AM »

If thats your first.... I can only wonder how #10 will look... EXCELLENT...
#10 will look like # 2 if he doesnt get some solid lessons some where like at his States Association instead of guessing and reading crappy info from this site.

You don't have to join your State Association to get better. I just did my 2nd mount and I'll show you if you like my first from my second. Didn't join nothing! LEARNED off this crappy info on this site and Rick Carter DVD and trial and error from my first.

So imagine what you could learn if Rick Carter (or someone else of similar caliber) were to look at your mount in person, and explain what you could do differently to improve. Of course you don't "have" to join your state association, that is an option geared more towards someone looking to improve.

I agree with you. But Mr. T saying that his #10 deer will look like his #2 deer if he don't join his state association. And stay away from the crappy info on this site was what I was refering too. You can learn from this site was what I was trying to say.
Low T
Platinum Member

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2009, 10:12:15 AM »

I said,,,,,
#10 will look like # 2 if he doesnt get some solid lessons some where like at his States Association instead of guessing and reading crappy info from this site.

You have to study in between mounts for ever, videos get you started, not refined. I am talking about getting solid lessons that videos will never do for you. This site has some good tips, and some odd advice as well, State associations put you rubbing elbows with some great proven taxidermist, and that is where you will get your best lessons, not from here.

And no, I do not own a Tshirt that has a wolf or unicorn on it.
There is no such thing as gun control, only people control.
Stop Rot,,use it or lose it.
Rest well our friend, you are missed.
Cole
Platinum Member

Amateur Taxidermist

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2009, 10:27:37 AM »

I think MrT's "crappy info" comment was made tongue in cheek, and I'm sure he would admit there is tons of great info on this site. Having said that, if you have followed any of the tanning threads lately not only is some of the info crappy, it's just flat out wrong.

Cole Cruickshank
Cameron, MO 64429
Low T
Platinum Member

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2009, 10:32:06 AM »

Thank you Cole, there are imposter taxidermist here on this great site, the best advice you can get will come form face to face chats with the guy at the show with all the ribbons, like Cole.

And no, I do not own a Tshirt that has a wolf or unicorn on it.
There is no such thing as gun control, only people control.
Stop Rot,,use it or lose it.
Rest well our friend, you are missed.
Jeep Man
Gold Member

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2009, 07:11:13 PM »

Thank you Cole, there are imposter taxidermist here on this great site, the best advice you can get will come form face to face chats with the guy at the show with all the ribbons, like Cole.

I agree with that. I see where your coming from. If a new member comes on here and don't know the people to take the advice from like cole, you, george, and Mp just to name a few they could get bad advice from imposter taxidermist. I've been a member for a while and know who to take advice from but a new member wouldn't so I see where you are coming from sorry for the misunderstanding. Take care.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Beginners  |  Topic: First Mount - What do you think? « previous next »