California Association of Taxidermists Art Show Competition 2010
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2014, 08:01:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1616959 Posts in 191090 Topics by 43198 Members
Latest Member: timsumted
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  General Discussions  |  The Taxidermy Industry  |  Convention Information  |  Topic: California Association of Taxidermists Art Show Competition 2010 « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Print
Author Topic: California Association of Taxidermists Art Show Competition 2010  (Read 26887 times)
klstet21
Silver Member

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2010, 07:34:06 PM »

Can we riot and picket? And then loot?

Kevin
USN
Aviation Maintenance
markdias

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2010, 08:06:04 PM »

Will it accomplish anything specific?  ;D
RDA
Platinum Member

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2010, 08:10:28 PM »

klstet21,,,,There have been MANY  dermists from So Cal  that have supported the show for decades....Its worth the drive   especially now that its in Sacto..... ;)

NEVADA WILDLIFE STUDIO

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GASASS MALINGERERS

In HONOR of Mr SIMON T. BLACKSHAW, ARTIST SUPREME!  1957-2011
klstet21
Silver Member

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2010, 03:03:53 AM »

Yeah maybe next year I will have more money so I can make it up there. Lets hope. :)

Kevin
USN
Aviation Maintenance
markdias

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2010, 01:24:40 PM »

I hope so too, It would be nice to have you!
passthru
Silver Member

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2010, 06:48:43 PM »

Status of website?

How can we sign-up?
markdias

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2010, 11:32:35 PM »

Everytime I get info about the website I am proven wrong, I can't guarantee anything but; I was told there should be info up within the week. I will be looking and making calls. I have not given up. If you are interested in coming please do, there is no requirement to pre-enroll.
A lot of us come to the show and renew are memberships there and register for the show. Registration will begin at noon on Friday. Thank You

***Judges for 2010*** Sorry I been busy and should have told folks a couple weeks ago.
Birds = Danny Owens
Fish = Rick Crane
Gameheads = Greg Brumfield
Lifesize Mammals = Jan Van Housen
klstet21
Silver Member

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2010, 11:51:35 PM »

How critical is the judging for the beginners? Do they judge on the same criteria as anyone else or are they more lenient?

Kevin
USN
Aviation Maintenance
Versa Max
Silver Member

« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2010, 02:45:44 PM »

How critical is the judging for the beginners? Do they judge on the same criteria as anyone else or are they more lenient?

Hello, Thanks for asking.

The fact that you are a beginner doesn't mean as much as what category you place your work in.  For every division there is 4 categories.  The divisions are all the different classifications of animals ranging from birds, fish, game head, life size and so on.  Then within each division you have four categories that are Junior, novice, open and masters.  Junior is meant for a certain age group established by the individual associations.  Masters is a category that you have to earn your way into by earning a certain number of points and ribbons in the open category.  Again, this criteria is established by the individual associations.

As a beginner you would be entering into the novice or the open categories.  You may even qualify for the junior category.

In the junior and novice category you are not judged as hard as the open and masters categories.  The main goal in these two categories is teaching.  There will be a lot of notes and comments but your score will not reflect those comments like they would in open or master.  There is also a different scoring system for these two categories.  They are not as tough as the open or masters.  The only draw back to these two categories is that none of your points will count towards your master.  They are designed to ease the stress and fear of entering your first competition.  It helps to break the ice without getting hammered on your work.

These shows and competitions are a lot of fun and a great way to learn and meat a lot of great people.

It would be great if you could make it....you will have a lot of fun and learn a lot.

Best of luck!
klstet21
Silver Member

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2010, 03:02:16 PM »

I would love to go but living in southern Califnoria I think I will have to wait and try to make it next year. Great info Skip thank you so much..

Kevin
USN
Aviation Maintenance
markdias

« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2010, 11:30:00 PM »

Very Good Biography of the Show in a nutshell. Thank You Skip
Meyer Wildlife
Silver Member

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2010, 05:15:50 PM »

Mark,
Whats up with web site so we can get info on show,
such as seminars.
                         Bill

Bill Meyer
Meyer Wildlife Creations
2314 Oxford rd.
Redding, Ca. 96002
(  (530)604-4359
Smeja
Silver Member

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2010, 06:32:49 PM »

wow that websites really taken awhile, they miles well just forgo it till next year at this point. guess its a very unorganized event, thats atleast how it apears but what do i know...... you'd think with the people coming and paying money to be there somebody in charge would just make a few phone calls and drop the $200 to get a website going. it must be way more complicated then i understand.... seems like it should have been dealt with months ago. must just be a really complicated process ::)
klstet21
Silver Member

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2010, 07:17:19 PM »

I do web design. Even a complicated web site shouldnt take more than 2 months. It can be a lot more than $200 though for a web site to get done. Sometimes a web site can run over $10,000.

Kevin
USN
Aviation Maintenance
Leaf-art
Platinum Member

The Roadkill Queen

« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2010, 11:43:40 AM »

Hey, we finally have our web site back ... sort of. Not much info about the show, but I'm sure they are working on it! Yeah!!

Experience is everything ... if I could only remember
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  General Discussions  |  The Taxidermy Industry  |  Convention Information  |  Topic: California Association of Taxidermists Art Show Competition 2010 « previous next »