The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 4~ Week # 10 2009 Christmas Edition!!!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2014, 08:14:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1624733 Posts in 192389 Topics by 43476 Members
Latest Member: msneath
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear! Please Click Here for full details and to enter.
You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate. Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Fish Taxidermy  |  Topic: The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 4~ Week # 10 2009 Christmas Edition!!! « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 4~ Week # 10 2009 Christmas Edition!!!  (Read 11678 times)
Jimmy Lawrence
Platinum Member

« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2010, 02:30:25 AM »

Josh,  I have caught those in a thrownet in a pit in our rivers several times . Those along with the quillbacks.  Waaayyy coool .  Love the eye.

Lawrence Taxidermy Studio.  Specializing in Award Winning Fish Skinmounts, and Reproductions.
Jknuth
Platinum Member

« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2010, 02:48:59 AM »

Josh,  I have caught those in a thrownet in a pit in our rivers several times . Those along with the quillbacks.  Waaayyy coool .  Love the eye.

I hear they make good live bait for Flatheads, never tried and I dont think I could.
As for the eye, its one of Jeff's lenses. I colored it with water color pencils, Ill show you all how I did it really soon ;D

Nil sa saol seo ach ceo, Is ni bheimid beo, ach seal beag gearr.

List of available blanks
http://www.knuthart.com/molds

Jimmy Lawrence
Platinum Member

« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2010, 02:56:51 AM »

I always had a hard time keeping them alive.  Seems like they get stressed easily.  We catch them and big creek chubs, and the bastards go tits up almost immediately.

I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve now .

Jimmy

Lawrence Taxidermy Studio.  Specializing in Award Winning Fish Skinmounts, and Reproductions.
Timjo
Bronze Member

« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2010, 12:45:12 PM »

Joshua, the high fin looks, do I dare say it? perfect. Nice job!
Memories are a big piece to the puzzle in our art and when the piece is done right the memory seems to be all that much better.
Great work!

Get Creative!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Fish Taxidermy  |  Topic: The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 4~ Week # 10 2009 Christmas Edition!!! « previous next »