Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 29, 2014, 08:56:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1597527 Posts in 188343 Topics by 42666 Members
Latest Member: A D S
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Fish Taxidermy  |  Topic: The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 4~ Week # 10 2009 Christmas Edition!!! « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 4~ Week # 10 2009 Christmas Edition!!!  (Read 11172 times)
Jimmy Lawrence
Platinum Member

« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2010, 02:30:25 AM »

Josh,  I have caught those in a thrownet in a pit in our rivers several times . Those along with the quillbacks.  Waaayyy coool .  Love the eye.

Lawrence Taxidermy Studio.  Specializing in Award Winning Fish Skinmounts, and Reproductions.
Jknuth
Platinum Member

« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2010, 02:48:59 AM »

Josh,  I have caught those in a thrownet in a pit in our rivers several times . Those along with the quillbacks.  Waaayyy coool .  Love the eye.

I hear they make good live bait for Flatheads, never tried and I dont think I could.
As for the eye, its one of Jeff's lenses. I colored it with water color pencils, Ill show you all how I did it really soon ;D

Nil sa saol seo ach ceo, Is ni bheimid beo, ach seal beag gearr.

List of available blanks
http://www.knuthart.com/molds

Jimmy Lawrence
Platinum Member

« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2010, 02:56:51 AM »

I always had a hard time keeping them alive.  Seems like they get stressed easily.  We catch them and big creek chubs, and the bastards go tits up almost immediately.

I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve now .

Jimmy

Lawrence Taxidermy Studio.  Specializing in Award Winning Fish Skinmounts, and Reproductions.
Timjo
Bronze Member

« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2010, 12:45:12 PM »

Joshua, the high fin looks, do I dare say it? perfect. Nice job!
Memories are a big piece to the puzzle in our art and when the piece is done right the memory seems to be all that much better.
Great work!

Get Creative!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Fish Taxidermy  |  Topic: The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 4~ Week # 10 2009 Christmas Edition!!! « previous next »