5th WT, is it ruined?
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 02:15:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1618111 Posts in 191246 Topics by 43230 Members
Latest Member: heatherpatton
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Beginners  |  Topic: 5th WT, is it ruined? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: 5th WT, is it ruined?  (Read 3138 times)
bill@hogheaven
Platinum Member

« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2009, 04:44:28 PM »

Lady....RDA & others have told you how to fix this with a hair transplant. My sons first deer in competition ( amatuer) had a 1x2" slip right on the front of the neck. No one ever noticed & he won 2 best of categories with it with Larry Bloomquist & Cary Cochran as judges. So take your time & you can do a fantastic repair job on it. Good luck.

Hog Heaven
Wholesale Boar Taxidermy
35771 Jackson II Road
Carthage, N.Y. 13619
Low T
Platinum Member

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2009, 04:52:27 PM »

I did not bash her quality. If one is going to take money, one should be able to fix little the things that come along. It seamed urgent enough that a re-cape was mentioned, a radical fix for a small flaw.

And no, I do not own a Tshirt that has a wolf or unicorn on it.
There is no such thing as gun control, only people control.
Stop Rot,,use it or lose it.
Rest well our friend, you are missed.
ladyarcher726
Gold Member

2012: 1st & best of category

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2009, 06:54:00 PM »

Mr. T, you've always been my biggest fan, and don't try to deny it!  :D 
I came here to ask for help because I didn't know how to fix that little thing, and I wasn't sure it was that little, and when I was offered another cape if worse came to worse then that's the route I would have taken.  I will let it dry and take my time and try my best to repair this, it's all I can do, but I do intend to LEARN from this regardless.
I truly do appreciate all of the kind comments that I have gotten on this mount, thank you!
This customer has been there since the beginning and heard about me going to school and taking the one on one's.  He brought a doe head with that another taxidermist had done for him so that I could match up the pose to display them together.  He said that the guy was a masters award winner, but from what I've seen with the drummed ears and the armpits on the shoulders I have to wonder... he was happy with the doe, and he was happy with the few mounts that he saw on my wall, and he knows how new I am, so it was his choice... his confidence in me is what has me wanting to do such a good job and get his fix done correctly.

Are you new too?  The
tutorial section
is priceless!  Check it out!
Low T
Platinum Member

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2009, 07:10:20 PM »

Mr. T, you've always been my biggest fan, and don't try to deny it!  :D 
You know thats true,, I think others made me to sound worse then I was thinking, or wasn't thinking. You are doing just great.

And no, I do not own a Tshirt that has a wolf or unicorn on it.
There is no such thing as gun control, only people control.
Stop Rot,,use it or lose it.
Rest well our friend, you are missed.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Beginners  |  Topic: 5th WT, is it ruined? « previous next »