NC taxidemist.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2014, 09:52:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1612018 Posts in 190396 Topics by 43051 Members
Latest Member: skoenen
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Buy, Sell and Trade  |  For Sale (Moderator: Michael J Vaden)  |  Topic: NC taxidemist. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: NC taxidemist.  (Read 2497 times)
pberry
Silver Member

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2010, 08:27:17 PM »

I agree Mr. Prices work blows me away also!

Kittrell Hill (Tuggy)
Platinum Member

9 Beard Merriam 2008 Meade Co SD

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2010, 09:19:52 PM »

I agree Mr. Prices work blows me away also!

Blowed both of us away last year  :o ;D LOL

g3trappernc
Gold Member

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2010, 10:05:43 PM »

Sometimes it is hard to hold your prices.  I have been sticking to my guns, but I have been shortcut, undercut, knocked off and copied for the past 6 months.  I believe in the product I provide, and I know what my time is worth. 

Hopefully I can hold onto my bases until they sell for what they are worth. 

John H Gerber III
192 Forest Walk Way
Mooresville, NC 28115
Low T
Platinum Member

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2010, 10:22:05 PM »

There is a market for everyone, the rich, the average, and those on welfare. If you dicide to have those on welfare for your customers, you will eat bread and water the rest of your life.

And no, I do not own a Tshirt that has a wolf or unicorn on it.
There is no such thing as gun control, only people control.
Stop Rot,,use it or lose it.
Rest well our friend, you are missed.
jtcjr
Gold Member

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2010, 10:30:49 PM »

but i want beer and pretzels
gunner62
Gold Member

Gunners Buckhorn Taxidermy

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2010, 11:19:32 PM »

I do believe MR T just hit the old nail right on the head. My problem is I want it all !!!!  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
D. Price
Platinum Member

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2010, 03:34:32 AM »

i am done with this site. seems like all people care about is i am better than you type stuff. calling someone a hack come on...i know gusy been doing it for 25 years dont get 500 and they good as anyone. He even sends me work when he gets backed up. i just trying to offer a mount that the week to week man can afford thats it. i not looking to make a killing i enjoy doing it thats it. i got a full time job. i know when iwas little a killed many bucks i wanted mounted but my folks could not come up with 400-500 for it so i had to just cut horns off and go. when i started doing it i said i wont going to do that. no reason our 8-5 workers cant get trophys mounted. to all the good comments i thank you guys it means alot.

OK, Double A, I'm back.  I spent biggest part of my day (got there around 9 am)at the ball field watching my 14 year old son chase a dream of his to play division 1 college and possibly even professional baseball one day.  Yes, I know big dreams, but I will not be the one to tell him he can't make it. ;)  I got home about 5 o'clock this afternoon and met a client who was bringing a turkey that he shot this morning.  I then took a shower, went to town to grab a bite to eat with the family.  I then came home and buried myself in my shop and mounted my competition piece for the Surry show in less than 2 weeks.  It is now 3 am and I just walked in the house.  But, I wanted to respond to your post, as I said I would return.

I'm gonna make this short and sweet, because I am running on fumes at this point.  

To start with, I didn't call you a hack, unless of course you are doing deer for $300 or less.  If you are, I did not know that at the time.  I'm assuming you are since you took offense to my statement.  

Second just because you know someone who has been doing taxidermy for 25 years doesn't mean he can get $500 for a deer head.  

Third, If you walk away from this site because of my statements, you lose, not me.  This site will help you more than you can ever know, if you use it to do so.  

Fourth, I have a full time job also, I put in 40 hours a week at Carolina Fur Dressing/Head Quarters Supply in Raleigh.  I eat, sleep and chit dead animals and baseball that's pretty much all I have time for.  So if you want to, as you said "...i not looking to make a killing i enjoy doing it that's it..."  that's your business.  But I be damned if I'm gonna sit here and do a deer for some, as you said "...no reason our 8-5 workers cant get trophys mounted..." just because he or she thinks they deserve it, they can mount it their damn self.

If you would like to discuss this further you can give me a call 919-562-4280.

I'm going to bed now, we have to be back at the ball field at 10 am.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 11:49:06 PM by D. Price » Logged

Member: NRA, SCI, UTA, NCTA & GTA

D. Price
Platinum Member

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2010, 05:31:21 PM »

Damn, I guess he was serious.  He must have left. ::)  Oh well, his loss. ;)

Member: NRA, SCI, UTA, NCTA & GTA

Kittrell Hill (Tuggy)
Platinum Member

9 Beard Merriam 2008 Meade Co SD

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2010, 05:40:05 PM »

Damn, I guess he was serious.  He must have left. ::)  Oh well, his loss. ;)

You done run someone else off D ??? ;D

gasman1
Gold Member

The Big One Almost Got Away

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2010, 07:25:41 PM »

join the NCTA and come to the show in July and meet the part and full timers and others,I have been going about 4 years now and enjoy the fellowship.
Most are friendly and helpful.   Gasman1

James Carver /J&M Taxidermy
nickstax
Bronze Member

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2010, 02:13:16 PM »

i run a shop in elm city and this is the first time i have heard of double a taxidermy. i agree with what d  price has to say. ralph garland ( all you old mule skinners know who i am talking about) told me years ago to let your work set your price. good work ain't cheap and cheap work ain't good.  FYI elm city is just 5 min. from wilson. double a if you read this please give me a call .
rigbobby
Bronze Member

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2010, 10:51:11 PM »

Double A:  Calculate your prices based upon what it costs you to run YOUR business, plus the cost for services (like tanning and trucking), Plus supplies, labor and PROFIT.  It is not possible to subsidize your customers for too long, it will eventually cost you the business.  Keep reading this site, the people here know what they are talking about.  Good luck to you.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Buy, Sell and Trade  |  For Sale (Moderator: Michael J Vaden)  |  Topic: NC taxidemist. « previous next »