ARTISTIC SCHOOL of TAXIDERMY...see what's NEW!!!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2016, 07:01:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1721576 Posts in 210577 Topics by 46891 Members
Latest Member: Mpefloral
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Training  |  Topic: ARTISTIC SCHOOL of TAXIDERMY...see what's NEW!!! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] Print
Author Topic: ARTISTIC SCHOOL of TAXIDERMY...see what's NEW!!!  (Read 119857 times)
NaturallyWild

Email
« Reply #300 on: April 21, 2016, 01:00:19 AM »

I grew up dabbling here and there in taxidermy, and interning at a few shops. I was very frustrated when I was unable to ever get feedback or even be able to watch taxidermists complete mounts. After moving to Alaska it became my dream to open up my own taxidermy shop. I researched 12+ different schools (which was a big waste of time). I stumbled upon The Artistic School of Taxidermy and immediately emailed Troy. After reading so much about other schools programs, which included mounting at least 2 whitetails (we dont even have whitetails in AK!) I was feeling doubtful. Troy responded promptly and professionally, answering all of my questions. I sent him a lengthy list of Alaskan animals I wanted to complete. I figured I would get a response back of, we can do one or two of them. That wasnt the case, Troy quoted me 28 days to complete EVERYTHING! A couple days later I was enrolled in first available slot, and I quit my full time job. Troy started looking for capes, antlers and forms for me. Troy even helped me research what I would need to do to take my mounts back across the Canadian border. I drove over 3000 miles before finally reaching the school. I was blown away as soon as I started driving up the driveway. Herds of whitetails grazed the fields, elk could be spotted across the way, and the house was incredible! The student rooms are private, have their own bathroom, and was impeccable. After I recovered from my road trip, I got right to work. Troy broke everything down in a way I could understand it. He physically showed me how to complete mounts step by step. He was able to tell when I became frustrated and would show me easier (But always correct) ways to complete the job. I really learned to work smarter not harder there which is saying something because I am the most stubborn person! Troy knew when to step away and give me time to figure things out on my own but was only a yell away if I needed help. He has a true knack for teaching and is able to key in on specific needs of his students. I truly learned so much at this school. It was the experience of a lifetime and allowed me to start my own full time taxidermy business which is doing extremely well! I recently went to the Alaska Sportsman Show with some of the mounts I completed at this school. People were so impressed with the quality and lifelike appearances. I cannot recommend this school enough. Stop researching schools and just email Troy to figure out his next available opening. Just go! You will not regret it. As a side note, you will never go hungry here and you will gain weight. Troy is an amazing cook! Ask him to make his chicken caesar salad- you will never think of a salad the same way again!
GamePrsv

Email
« Reply #301 on: April 26, 2016, 10:30:17 AM »

I recently spent another week with Troy at Artistic School of Taxidermy.  This time I concentrated solely on birds and I must say, once again I learned a wealth of information.  I have been making bird mounting much more difficult than it needs to be.  Troy is a master at his craft and has an uncanny ability to teach the art of taxidermy.  Bird mounts used to frustrate me to no end.  Not any more!  I feel I learned what it takes to put together a very good bird mount.  Once again Troy was a gracious host, with outstanding accommodations and meals.  As stated in my post last Summer, there is no better place to learn taxidermy than with Troy at Artistic School of Taxidermy.  Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned taxidermist looking for some fresh ideas and methods, look no further.  Your search is over!  Contact Troy and book your training.  You will not regret it.  -----  Jeff Schneider
amity

Email
« Reply #302 on: April 28, 2016, 01:58:38 AM »

Well where do I start....learing taxidermy was special to me because I lost my mom unexpectedly in January. She always wanted me to learn. So after she past I decided to spend 10 day with Troy and had the time of my life and learned so much! When I started looking for schools to start doing taxidermy I didnt know what I wanted or how to start. Troy answered all my questions and more. Not only was I looking to customize what I wanted to do he was able to accommodate the days I could attend. This was a no brainer for me knowing that I was going to be able to do everything I wanted and not only had a GREAT place to stay the food was GREAT too. My son and I went back two weeks later so I could finish up my favorite piece my mallard duck I love it! My son wanted to do a special mount for is papa and Troy helped him make that happen! His papa loves it! If you are thinking about learning taxidermy look no further Troy is the best so dont hesitate just make that call and let him help you through the process! Thanks again Troy look forward to seeing you again!
Troy Rose
Silver Member

Learning...one of life's greatest treasures!

WWW Email
« Reply #303 on: May 03, 2016, 10:15:59 AM »

Artistic School of Taxidermy  Recent Student Pictures 4/28/2016   Hello everyone!  Just finished up 7 great days with Rob out of Texas.  Rob came to learn birds and and as you can see he did a great job!  Rob also learned that the fleshing wheel can make for some tedious sewing.  With all that aside, Rob, it was a pleasure to teach you my friend and thanks for choosing ASOT!

Troy Rose
Silver Member

WWW Email
« Reply #304 on: May 04, 2016, 09:53:37 AM »

Artistic School of Taxidermy  Recent Student Pictures 5/2/2016 Had the pleasure of working with Raymond from New Mexico.  Raymond spent 9 days learning gameheads.   Ray you did a great job with all your pieces as well as with the Makers ;)  Looking forward to your return to do life-size.  Until then, take care my friend and thanks for choosing ASOT!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 10:41:22 AM by Troy Rose » Logged

Troy Rose
Silver Member

WWW Email
« Reply #305 on: May 09, 2016, 10:29:50 AM »

Artistic School of Taxidermy  Recent Student Pictures 5/8/2016 Just finished up 7 long days with Aaron from Central Oregon.  Aaron found out the hard way on just how valuable a good tannery is.  With all the frustrations and sewing aside, his pieces came out great.  I hope everything traveled well and I look forward to your return my friend.  Thanks for choosing ASOT!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 09:29:34 AM by Troy Rose » Logged

Rayzales

Email
« Reply #306 on: May 09, 2016, 05:23:31 PM »

I just completed 9 days with Troy at Artistic School of Taxidermy! WOW,  what an awesome experience and education I received during the training.  This training far exceeded my expectations. The elk, mule deer and antelope came out great and I could not ask for more. Troy's attention to detail is amazing!!  What is obvious to Troy is not so obvious to the untrained eye (such as mine).  I now have come home and critiqued the mounts I had done with various taxidermist, and notice all the mistakes.  I thought they were great mounts, now they only seem relatively good compare to what Troy showed me.   I wish I could of finished some of the detail work, but thanks to your training on covering all the aspects of the fine detail work I am confident I can finish these at home.  As for any prospective students wanting to get a reference please contact Troy and he will provide my cell number for a honest and account of my personal experience.  You will not be disappointed with the training you will receive.  I can only say that Troy is the best of the best and he will show you the needed skills to truly master the skill, and then it is up to you to perfect.   His accommodations are first class as I travel constantly for my full time job and can attest to the great and fabulous accommodations and meals provided.  You will not go hungry and on occasions will need to tell him to dial it down a bit .
 I do look forward to scheduling another session in December for life-size bear and cats.   Thanks for the professional  1 on 1 training which is invaluable when learning this Art..... 

Thanks Raymond
Troy Rose
Silver Member

WWW Email
« Reply #307 on: May 16, 2016, 09:58:26 AM »

Artistic School of Taxidermy  Recent Student Pictures 5/14/2016    I had the pleasure of instructing Matt on some advanced techniques on hogs and deer.  Matt traveled up from Central California to do 4 days of training.  Had a great time instructing Matt.  It was almost as if he was an extension of my hands as he absorbed it like a sponge.  His pieces came out stellar and I have no doubt that the knowledge and experience he gained will show in his work that he does back in his shop!  Matt, thanks again, and thanks for choosing ASOT!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 10:10:02 AM by Troy Rose » Logged

Troy Rose
Silver Member

WWW Email
« Reply #308 on: May 19, 2016, 10:00:33 AM »

Artistic School of Taxidermy  Recent Student Pictures 5/14/2016   Hello everyone, Dewight came from Colorado to learn beards and the finer aspects of sewing ;)  but as you can see, Dewight did a great job!  Remember, reguardless of age, "You are never too old to pursue a passion!"   Thnaks for choosing ASOT!

Fowlquestproductions

Email
« Reply #309 on: May 23, 2016, 09:16:22 AM »

I recently had the pleasure of joining Troy for seven days of training on upland birds and turkey with a little waterfowl thrown in. I really didn't know what to expect when I landed in Idaho but quickly forgot on the ride to his home through the gorgeous views. We arrived at his house to find every man's dream home on a hillside with views of canyons and draws with wildlife all over the place to include turkey in the front yard. His shop is very large and very clean (make sure if you go you are a clean person....dirty won't cut it out there) with everything you need close at hand. First evening we were treated to giant burgers on the grill and a few adult beverages (you may want to stock up in town as I think Ray & I put a hurt on his stock) and I was like a kid at Christmas, I couldn't wait to start the next day. Having a little knowledge before hand was nice but with Troy it doesn't matter your skill level, he takes a very hands on approach but doesn't hold your hand and makes you think for yourself. Don't worry he is always close by and won't let you fail. The seven days of training went by fast but we got a lot done just wished I was a little faster so we could have worked on habitat a little. It is clear to see why Troy is top in his field when you look at his mounts and many awards and even catch a few pics of his work in Breakthrough magazine. The food is amazing and you may want to skip breakfast (don't worry he is gonna stuff you for lunch and dinner) and the happy hour is the best! The lodging is better than any high dollar B&B so don't worry there. I can't be more thankful to Troy in all he has taught me and I look forward to a return trip to start game heads....FYI I never went in to this to work on anything other than birds but Troy has got me so fired up that I want to learn all I can. Until I see you again Troy....Cheers my friend and thank you for all you have done for me!

Semper FI!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Training  |  Topic: ARTISTIC SCHOOL of TAXIDERMY...see what's NEW!!! « previous next »
Jump to: