ARTISTIC SCHOOL of TAXIDERMY...see what's NEW!!!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2014, 10:31:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1571951 Posts in 184445 Topics by 41986 Members
Latest Member: brand
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Training  |  Topic: ARTISTIC SCHOOL of TAXIDERMY...see what's NEW!!! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] Print
Author Topic: ARTISTIC SCHOOL of TAXIDERMY...see what's NEW!!!  (Read 79996 times)
Troy Rose
Bronze Member

Learning...one of life's greatest treasures!

« Reply #180 on: March 01, 2014, 10:15:45 PM »

Artistic School of Taxidermy   Recent Student Pictures 2/23/2014    Well, once again I had a past student return to learn more.  Tina returned for three days to learn flying birds, european mounts, and ask 101 questions on everything under the sun that one could possibly run into in the world of taxidermy.  I think I was able to answer 99 of them.  I can't thank my present and past students enough for allowing me to teach them.  There are many schools out there to choose from, I am truly honored to have so many return students!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 05:05:43 PM by Troy Rose » Logged

Troy Rose
Bronze Member

« Reply #181 on: March 05, 2014, 11:36:49 PM »

Artistic School of Taxidermy   Recent Student Pictures 3/3/2014   Well I just finished up 7 great days with a delightful couple that came all the way across the big pond to pursue their taxidermy endeavors.  Chris & Louise hammered out some great pieces as you can see from the picture.  Once again, we ran short on getting the finish work done but with all that aside, I had a great time with the Aussies.  I had a blast teaching the both of you!!!  Love the bird in the coyotes mouth  ;D  Thanks for choosing Artistic School of Taxidermy

« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 11:12:10 AM by Troy Rose » Logged

Troy Rose
Bronze Member

« Reply #182 on: March 11, 2014, 02:26:50 PM »

Artistic School of Taxidermy   Recent Student Pictures 3/10/2014   Well my list of great students and new found friends keeps continually growing.  John from Idaho spent 4 days learning the finer points of gamehead taxidermy.  John liked mule deer and it showed in his finished products.  John I enjoyed your company and you were fun to teach...I can't seem to find that shed anywhere???  Keep up the great work!

« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 05:16:21 PM by Troy Rose » Logged

Troy Rose
Bronze Member

« Reply #183 on: March 17, 2014, 11:43:06 AM »

Artistic School of Taxidermy   Recent Student Pictures 3/17/2014    Just completed seven great days with Tyler from Nevada.  As are most of my students, tyler was a total newbie to taxidermy.  He put in some long hours and it shows as his pieces came out great!  Tyler, you were a pleasure to teach.  Looking forward to your return and make sure you use the Wildlife Gallery next time ;D!!!

« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 11:56:23 AM by Troy Rose » Logged

careygirl

« Reply #184 on: March 18, 2014, 12:48:55 PM »

To learn the art of taxidermy you need a great teacher and that is just what you will have at the Artistic School of Taxidermy with Troy.  Troy is an amazing taxidermist as well as an outstanding teacher.  Troy's knowledge and experience of taxidermy is a combination hard to find.  I recently returned to take a second course with Troy to work on some areas I felt I was struggling with.  Being a mom and short on time, Troy was more than flexible to work around my schedule of 3 short days.  I arrived at Troy's with a duck, a skull and a million questions.  The duck and skull are complete and all my questions have been answered.  The pride Troy has in his work  and his willingness to teach can be seen in your own completed projects.
I would highly recommend any one who is looking to take a any type of course in taxidermy to give Troy a call.
Defiantly the Best!!!
231nontypical

« Reply #185 on: March 18, 2014, 08:12:22 PM »

I just finished a 4 day class with Troy. I cant say enough about the high quality school Troy operates. the time he spends with the student to make sure they understand the process is top notch... He wont let you leave with any unanswered questions , or mounts... I was a slow learner and needed to stay a extra day to finish up, Troy made some changes to make it work!!... thanks again for the help and I look forward to setting up another round to help me out. 
Troy Rose
Bronze Member

« Reply #186 on: April 01, 2014, 09:52:29 AM »

Artistic School of Taxidermy   Recent Student Pictures 3/17/2014     Hello Everyone, I just finished up two great days with Ryan.  Ryan came back for his third time to learn gameheads.  Not only is my list of friends growing, but also the list of return students as well.  I don't know if it's the atmosphere, the food, the instruction or a combination of the three, but whatever it is  "Thanks everyone!!!"  Ryan, looking forward to your return my friend!

Onthehunt365

« Reply #187 on: April 02, 2014, 06:43:16 PM »

I spent 7 Days in class with Troy doing game heads and i can say he is a master at his craft and a wonderful teacher. Everything was awesome, Troy has a beautiful home with tons of mounts to look at up on a hill with a great view. The meals were great i garentee you will not go to bed hungry! In 7 days i learned so much from Troy it was alomst to much for my brain to process, i found it mind boggling how simple he makes things happen that you will be pulling your hair out trying to do. All my mounts turned out great even after encountering a couple of problems he showed me exactly how to handle each problem as they arose like it was no big deal. His way of teaching is down to earth and simple to understand, and he goes into extreme detail which helps with understanding why your doing something. The quality of mounts that not only troy produces himself but the work his students put out with his assistance is unmatched! Before this class i thought the mounts i have had done in the years past looked great up on the wall, but after this class i see the lack of detail and cant help but to be disapointed in the work the local guys do! Troy is a great guy and a very gifted taxidermist, i would recommend him to anyone that wants to learn the trade! in the 2 weeks since class i have completed two mule deer mounts that turned out amazing and i could of never done it without troy! I look forward to my return trips to Artistic school of Taxidermy and cant wait to learn something new
Troy Rose
Bronze Member

« Reply #188 on: April 04, 2014, 10:21:14 AM »

Artistic School of Taxidermy   Recent Student Pictures 3/21/2014   Spent 3 great days instructing Don from Oregon on waterfowl.  I really wished we would have had another day to do the finish work as his mounts came out awesome even without them being painted.  Don, you were a pleasure to instruct an I enjoyed your company.  Thanks for choosing Artistic School of Taxidermy!  Keep up the great work!

« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 10:34:45 AM by Troy Rose » Logged

Troy Rose
Bronze Member

« Reply #189 on: April 07, 2014, 11:00:21 AM »

Early in the year I spent 12 days at Troy Rose's Artistic School of Taxidermy in beautiful Idaho. The experience I had of being taught by a very skilled teacher, learning in an excellent facility, and the freedom to mount the animals of my choice, I highly recommend this school.  If you want to learn the art of taxidermy, this is the place to be! Jake Hachey

Hey Jake, thanks for the kind words my friend!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 10:37:11 AM by Troy Rose » Logged

oneshotdon

« Reply #190 on: April 07, 2014, 04:43:03 PM »

I spent 3 days with Troy recently, being taught waterfowl taxidermy. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about my experience there! Troy worked his butt off to help me learn what I went there for... and believe me, he had his work cut out for him with me! My only regret was that I didn't take any notes. There was so much information being given to me that I couldn't possibly retain all of it in the short time that I was there. The food and accommodations were top notch! If anyone reading this is thinking about this type of training, I HIGHLY recommend Artistic School of Taxidermy You will NOT be disappointed! Thanks Troy for the great experience...I learned a lot!
                                                 Cheers my friend, Don
calvin_martin

« Reply #191 on: April 12, 2014, 11:27:05 PM »

Earlier in the year I completed an 18-day course at Artistic School of Taxidermy in Kooskia, Idaho with Troy Rose. I completed four game heads and two ducks that all turned out looking great. Troy is a great instructor with lots of helpful advise and tips that will be very useful in the future, he was always willing to answer any questions you had and was very thorough on all of his explanations. This school is an amazing place to learn taxidermy from one of the best taxidermists/teachers around and have a good time while doing so. It was an all around great experience and I would recommend this school for anyone who is interested in learning taxidermy. Thanks again Troy!
Troy Rose
Bronze Member

« Reply #192 on: April 15, 2014, 10:08:52 AM »

EXPERIENCE Hands on Taxidermy Training at its BEST!!!    Learn from one of industry's best      "All Around" taxidermist.  From the new beginner or for those of you who would like to elevate your work to the next level.  Students who attend Artistic School of Taxidermy will learn in depth, hands on training in all aspects of taxidermy.  Many of my students have gone on to excel in State and National Competitions throughout the US in the mammal, gamehead and bird categories.  Room and board is included in your costs and accommodations are first class. Artistic School of Taxidermy is located in beautiful Northern Idaho.  Wildlife abounds just outside the windows of the studio.  Whitetail and turkeys up close and personal.  Training dates are flexible to fit with your time schedule and learning preferences. There are no set course dates and you choose what it is that you would like to learn. The studio is open 24/7 for your convenience.  For more information and pricing, please contact me personally.

Troy Rose

*Note*     Not all mounts pictured have been completed; as some may have required
                   additional drying time, putty and paint finish work, or base completion.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 10:33:29 AM by Troy Rose » Logged

Troy Rose
Bronze Member

« Reply #193 on: April 15, 2014, 10:17:02 AM »

Artistic School of Taxidermy   Recent Student Pictures 4/9/2014   I had the pleasure of instructing Virgil from Eastern Washington for 4 days in the area of Gameheads.  Virgil was studious in getting his pieces right as you can see.  Had a great time teaching you Virgil!  Thanks for choosing Artistic School of Taxidermy!

« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 02:07:56 PM by Troy Rose » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Training  |  Topic: ARTISTIC SCHOOL of TAXIDERMY...see what's NEW!!! « previous next »