overall taxidermy
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2014, 11:46:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1571594 Posts in 184392 Topics by 41976 Members
Latest Member: Off the Hook
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Beginners  |  Topic: overall taxidermy « previous next »
Poll
Question: what is the best training material or videos to use to get into this hobby
hukh - 0 (0%)
hihuk - 0 (0%)
Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: overall taxidermy  (Read 725 times)
bstoural

« on: July 06, 2010, 04:48:39 AM »

I'm looking for info on taxidermy that will help me get started I have a particular interest in tanning furs because they are starting to pile up in my freeze especially my bobcat I shoot last Nov hunting season.
Redwolf
Platinum Member

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 07:42:40 AM »

It depends on the person IMO. Some do schools, some do video's, MOST join their sate association.
MLP
Platinum Member

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 10:43:44 PM »

Sounds like you have the proverbial cart before the horse.  You've accumulated a freezer full of hides and only now want to look for information on tanning or taxidermy?  There are several methods to gather the needed information, but then you will need practice/experience, all of which will take time.  A lot of time.  The time and resources available to you will, most likely, dictate your method.  Start by reading through the archives and looking at the instructional materials available from the taxidermy supply companies.  WASCO would be a good place to start.  Good luck!

Pages: [1] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Beginners  |  Topic: overall taxidermy « previous next »