Wrapped mounts only
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 25, 2014, 11:10:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1625652 Posts in 192548 Topics by 43500 Members
Latest Member: beckmana2014
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Lifesize Mammals  |  Topic: Wrapped mounts only « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 ... 94 Print
Author Topic: Wrapped mounts only  (Read 279724 times)
preparateur
Bronze Member

« Reply #990 on: July 15, 2012, 03:30:16 PM »

thanks babak,show some   of your taxidermy creation`s. :)
bābak
Platinum Member

« Reply #991 on: July 16, 2012, 01:14:34 AM »

preparator,thanks!!!there is a large gap between my works and the other bird guys in this website,i am just a beginner and learning!i did bunch of works in the recent weeks but shamely they are even far from my own works!!!i don't no why but my new works are not coming good !!i recieve to some reasons,some of the birds are just skins and i have no measurment and the skins was on the way for 2 month and very tough to work with and the other reason ......................anyway,i will post some later asap! ;)
Trappersteph
Gold Member

now you can have it...

« Reply #992 on: July 27, 2012, 07:20:56 PM »

Skunk! I trapped this smaller sized skunk last season and recently wet tanned the hide, so the next course of action was to get the skinned carcass out and wrap a body.

At first I was thinking the basic all 4's...

Then I got playful, and so did the skunk.

Mounted it last night ( more work was done to the form since above pics).

jkmitch
Gold Member

« Reply #993 on: July 28, 2012, 09:05:05 AM »

Nice skunk. I picked up a road kill skunk one time. That was a mistake.  Then  freezer went out so I threw it in the garbage , later that morning I passed the garbage truck and could smell it on the truck
mr useless

« Reply #994 on: August 10, 2012, 08:20:15 AM »

top topic!!! amazing works!! theere are some [expletive deleted]in' genious over here !
snowhare
Platinum Member

« Reply #995 on: August 12, 2012, 10:06:21 AM »

YEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I Got me a Ratufa Bicolor from Nepal , this thing is friggen huge , so any time soon i am gonne mount it

Snowy

* P1010894.JPG (81.65 kB, 640x480 - viewed 1137 times.)
Inari
Silver Member

« Reply #996 on: August 12, 2012, 11:02:51 AM »

This thread is so inspiring, snowhare you are my idol! I still need to buy the dvds, soon I hope :) will they become more accessible to buy in europe at any time?

Also snowhare how on earth do you get so many different species into the netherlands? Lots of clients?

I really want to do some wrapping soon, I have learnt a lot from this thread already. I am a bit scared to post my taxidermy here as it is very bad compared to you masters!

I am going to start making some plaster casts of skulls etc soon and I was wondering is plaster of paris ok to use as a head or would it be too heavy?

Also when using the skull with the teeth, should I leave all the lips attached or just the front? And inject them with da or something?

Thanks and sorry for all the questions! Keep up the amazing work!

snowhare
Platinum Member

« Reply #997 on: August 12, 2012, 02:51:07 PM »

:D :D :D

I Dont bring them in , they are already here , from breeders and muzeums

Cheers Snowy
Daniel M.
Platinum Member

Tongo, the best dog in the world. (Saarloos)

« Reply #998 on: August 12, 2012, 08:25:30 PM »

That's an AWESOME bicolor you got there Mr. Snowy!!! Looks like it has great hair :)
Diamondhitch
Platinum Member

I hunt therefore I am.

« Reply #999 on: August 12, 2012, 11:21:33 PM »

This thread is so inspiring, snowhare you are my idol! I still need to buy the dvds, soon I hope :) will they become more accessible to buy in europe at any time?

Also snowhare how on earth do you get so many different species into the netherlands? Lots of clients?

I really want to do some wrapping soon, I have learnt a lot from this thread already. I am a bit scared to post my taxidermy here as it is very bad compared to you masters!

I am going to start making some plaster casts of skulls etc soon and I was wondering is plaster of paris ok to use as a head or would it be too heavy?

Also when using the skull with the teeth, should I leave all the lips attached or just the front? And inject them with da or something?

Thanks and sorry for all the questions! Keep up the amazing work!

Dont be afraid to post your pics here. That is the best way to improve your work regardless of what level you are at. The critiques and pointers you get from the people whos work you admire will propel the quality of your own work along way faster than trying to figure things out for yourself.
Inari
Silver Member

« Reply #1000 on: August 13, 2012, 05:09:01 AM »

Thanks :) should be working on some rats and squirrels this week so will post pics here.
HulaHula
Bronze Member

« Reply #1001 on: August 13, 2012, 02:12:40 PM »

* IMG_7225-001.JPG (125.96 kB, 480x360 - viewed 1512 times.)
Inari
Silver Member

« Reply #1002 on: August 13, 2012, 04:28:45 PM »

Did some rats today, I am new at this but wrapped them! It took me a while but I hope I can do them faster soon.

I know they need a lot of improvement, and they are WIPS but if there is anything you would like to crit on it would be great :)

I can't seem to attach photos on my phone so they are here :

http://pic.twitter.com/6vbflLPN
http://pic.twitter.com/oTbvwwBk
ShastaDonegan
Platinum Member

Lets start with ridiculous and move backwards.

« Reply #1003 on: August 14, 2012, 12:53:20 PM »

Looks pretty dang good wingedwolf!

Keep at it,  you will just get better and better each time! 

Let's face it,  it never got weird enough for me.

Follow what makes you naturally curious; it will lead you to your passions and purpose.

"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we have been taught"
Codi
Platinum Member

« Reply #1004 on: August 20, 2012, 11:19:36 PM »

Great stuff glad to see this thread still going. Here's a small fox taking a rest.

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 ... 94 Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Lifesize Mammals  |  Topic: Wrapped mounts only « previous next »