Rare Skunk (White with Black Stripe and Black Spots on Shoulders.) FREE
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2014, 02:02:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1573259 Posts in 184674 Topics by 42028 Members
Latest Member: aaronclark12
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Buy, Sell and Trade  |  For Sale (Moderator: Michael J Vaden)  |  Topic: Rare Skunk (White with Black Stripe and Black Spots on Shoulders.) FREE « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Rare Skunk (White with Black Stripe and Black Spots on Shoulders.) FREE  (Read 6093 times)
Larry Vielhauer
Silver Member

Private instruction

« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2011, 10:33:22 PM »

I  do have   a   Beautiful   Prime   skunk   whole   frozen I  will     give  away   to  anyone   who   dares  to   send  me  the    $$  to  ship it  .  I  WILL   wrap it   well, & I  bet  the  fed x    people   WILL not   smell it    ( no  guarentee )  to this  either, lol.   

This  way,   anyone   who has  not   skinned one  &  done  all  the mounting  steps  CAN  do it   without   having to  trap one   , lol...............I might  even  give   a  few  pointers   on  how  to  desent  it   after   skinning .

The FISH MAN - the land of Ozz !
Sanny

« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2011, 10:59:05 PM »

Driftwood
The best recipe for removing the odor of skunk is straight Scope Mouthwash. I was hunting in ND and my Lab got sprayed so I went to a local Vet.
he told me to get the Scope and just pour it on straight and scrub it in. It worked so good the next day he smelled like a mint.
Be Well
Sanny
driftwood0014
Silver Member

« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2011, 07:29:30 AM »

Thanks for all the responses everybody. I have a cherry tree in my yard, so I'm gonna kick that sucker over to it, and whack it till it smells like cherries. I'll hold my nose so I won't smell anything!! That aughta fix him.
Sea Wolf
Platinum Member

« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2011, 09:31:53 AM »

Can't ya get a picture of that pretty all white skunk with the black stripe? :) If he's under your porch, put out a pan of beer and let him get drunk on it. Then he won't run off so you can take a picture.  :)

driftwood0014
Silver Member

« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2011, 09:32:41 AM »

I'll try to get a picture and post it.
RoyalOaksTaxidermy
Platinum Member

Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2011, 03:55:33 AM »

Can't ya get a picture of that pretty all white skunk with the black stripe? :) If he's under your porch, put out a pan of beer and let him get drunk on it. Then he won't run off so you can take a picture.  :)

OK so if the skunk drinks beer..... just how much alcohol would be needed to get it to pass out or get so drunk it forgets how to spray? Hee Hee

My name is Rae :)
 I'm located in Elk Grove, California
Specialize in mammals.
iowalongbeards
Silver Member

« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2011, 10:17:02 AM »

My grandpa was in the military and stationed in Alaska . When I was a kid he told me how they used to catch polar bears . I assume it would work for skuks also .
Fiirst you dig a hole , for polar bears the hole would be quite large , but for skunks I would think 2 or 3 feet deep would be plenty . Next , you line the hole with
ashes , I think to keep human scent to a minimum . Then you take a bag of frozen peas , you could probably use canned peas , place the peas all the way around
the hole right on the very edge . Finally when the skunk goes to take a pea you kick him in the ash hole . Let me know if it works .

Disclaimer : I never actually saw this with my own 2 eyes , Grandpa could have been pulling my leg .
coorsguy

« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2011, 08:23:14 PM »

Terry, as much as I would like to see this skunk, I hate to see beer go to waste! ;D
driftwood0014
Silver Member

« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2011, 06:21:10 PM »

I might try putting my hand down throat, then reaching down to his tail and pulling him inside out!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Buy, Sell and Trade  |  For Sale (Moderator: Michael J Vaden)  |  Topic: Rare Skunk (White with Black Stripe and Black Spots on Shoulders.) FREE « previous next »