Head Quarters Taxidermy Supply
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 12:00:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1618085 Posts in 191244 Topics by 43230 Members
Latest Member: heatherpatton
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Buy, Sell and Trade  |  Buyers and Sellers (Moderator: Michael J Vaden)  |  Topic: Head Quarters Taxidermy Supply « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Head Quarters Taxidermy Supply  (Read 2497 times)
J Brown II
Platinum Member

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2011, 12:34:34 PM »

I agree Tim. We all know as public record David's past. A victim of his own success along with a very ill wife. I too have been so pissed off at David I could strangle him but I let it pass. Life is too short to stay pissed off for too long. I still beleive he is one of the best tanners in the country. I truly hope you get caught up David and start fresh.
gab
Platinum Member

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2011, 12:58:11 PM »

to refuse someones business because of who reccomended them seems a bit rash.

early to bed, early to rise, work like a dog and advertise
antlerman
Platinum Member

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2011, 01:08:15 PM »

I agree.  You would think it would have helped the issues between them verses this. Seems rather stupid to me.
Redwolf
Platinum Member

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2011, 01:43:20 PM »

I agree Tim. We all know as public record David's past. A victim of his own success along with a very ill wife. I too have been so pissed off at David I could strangle him but I let it pass. Life is too short to stay pissed off for too long. I still beleive he is one of the best tanners in the country. I truly hope you get caught up David and start fresh.

I agree too. I also wish him luck in the future.
No hard feelings here.

Everyone has an opinion........
coonhollow
Platinum Member

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2011, 10:34:46 PM »

after David clarified the reasoning behind why they refused to sell to him I understood the issue. I have no problem with David and I think as long as he is back on here and moving forward I wish him luck.

Cole
Platinum Member

Amateur Taxidermist

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2011, 02:28:49 AM »

How is David`s post about HQ any of you 2 guys (Coonhollow & Redwolf) business??? It is between David and HQ....Geez you guys are unbelievable....

If that were true it would have been dealt with in a PM. Once you post it here you are inviting everyone into the conversation...making it everyone's business.

Cole Cruickshank
Cameron, MO 64429
David Patton
Platinum Member

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2011, 07:44:38 AM »

During the phone conversation, I told the people at HQ that I would tell everyone. After sending new taxidermists to the facility in Raleigh for the last two and half years, I now felt like an idiot for sending them business. It wont happen again I can assure you.

Hence the public postings. All I have done is let everyone know how I was repaid for sending all those guys to Raleigh to help HQ get the word out that they were a supply business.

HQ will be fine. I just wont lift a finger to further their cause anymore.

Commercial tanning since 1982
michael p.
Platinum Member

Getting better with age :)

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2011, 04:42:25 PM »

That is exactly why this forum is stupid....

Phil, this forum is not "stupid", it Is simply a water cooler for those of us who usually spend 8-10 a day staring at dead animals to come and talk, vent, whatever our heart desires.

David felt a need to vent here and people had their opinions afterward.  It's simply a way many of us who work alone choose to go about expressing ourselves so we don't take it to the house with us.

Spent my whole life lookin' back
 Not lookin' ahead to see
 Trying to keep my feet on track
 Doin' what was expected of me
 Kick my shoes off so they can't trace me
 Leave no forwarding address
 Before they all drive me crazy
 And I leave 'em all in a bloody mess
C.C.
michael p.
Platinum Member

Getting better with age :)

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2011, 02:57:20 AM »

I guess the word "stupid" was a little harsh...LOL....at least it is out of the For Sale forum....and when the hell are YOU ever alone... LMAO...you do more traveling than the Harlem Globetrotters.

LMAO!!   I won't argue with ya there :)

Spent my whole life lookin' back
 Not lookin' ahead to see
 Trying to keep my feet on track
 Doin' what was expected of me
 Kick my shoes off so they can't trace me
 Leave no forwarding address
 Before they all drive me crazy
 And I leave 'em all in a bloody mess
C.C.
Joshbritt
Bronze Member

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2011, 09:26:07 AM »

the deal between you two I know nothing about and don't care to but there was a time on here that a lot of your issues were forwarded to them and everyone watched it here. Last week or the week before someone was looking for you. between that and what you just posted about HQ it kinda looks like you dug your own hole. just a thought!

It's funny that I came across this post today.  It just so happens that the taxidermist in Darlington that you are referring to mounted my deer.  I remember him saying that he was headed to NC to get some hides tanned.  I specifically remember him telling me how good of a job you guys do.  I don't know about your past dealings and business history but I've heard nothing but good things about you.  Along with the good work, I also heard about how you are very quick to get the products tanned.     From business to business to me the customer, I'm satisfied.

Thanks!

Josh.

Thanks for the thinking material. Let me be clear...I dont buy from HQ, I refer new customers to them. Banning me from buying from them on the telephone is a personal issue with Rick Morgan and I.

I have done a little digging around this afternoon and that is what I have turned up.

When things go bad with my customers, they hop on the taxinet and post it. If I do that, the usual suspects begin to show up bringing up my bad start with this tannery. Unknown to most folks is that I am catching up and getting hides back to rightful owners, and turning out fantastic product. You never hear that part of it.

I have banned some people from doing business with me, but it always is after a court battle.

David Patton
Platinum Member

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2011, 10:28:13 AM »

Josh,
I have been doing business with the taxidermist you are talking about for 3 years now. He sometimes needs supplies that I don't have and I have always said, "HQ is only another 30 miles up the road".  It has always been convenient for out of towners to gather all their needs, both tanning from me and supplies from HQ, on one trip.

Of course, one simple sit down meeting with Rick would solve the issues we have, but Rick refuses to meet with me. Won't even come to the telephone. I'll see him at Surry.

How about resolving this issue and forgiving past transgressions? Isn't that the way we should treat one another? I know I am changing the way I have done business in the past.

Time to move on. ;)

Commercial tanning since 1982
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Buy, Sell and Trade  |  Buyers and Sellers (Moderator: Michael J Vaden)  |  Topic: Head Quarters Taxidermy Supply « previous next »