Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 01, 2014, 01:47:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1598137 Posts in 188442 Topics by 42679 Members
Latest Member: amonblack
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Buy, Sell and Trade  |  Buyers and Sellers (Moderator: Michael J Vaden)  |  Topic: Wholesale Bobcat by Lone Coyote aka Betty « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 Print
Author Topic: Wholesale Bobcat by Lone Coyote aka Betty  (Read 12645 times)
michael p.
Platinum Member

Getting better with age :)

« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2011, 12:08:38 AM »

It's time for a reality check. If you do not know how to do a bobcat, you should not take one in from a customer. You instead, ought to buy a few skins from the for sale section and practice YOUR work before taking in an animal. I have never done any African animals, and I would be damned if I were to take one in without the knowledge and confidence to do one, nor would I wholesale it out. I would call Ken Owens and see if he wanted it. I agree you got the shaft in a sandpaper condom on this wholesale deal, but to attack someone who knows what they are doing when you don't have a clue yourself, is just plain ignorant.  My.02.... Take it for what it's worth.

I disagree with you 110%!  I have never mounted a Hippo but I damn well guarantee you that if somebody called me with one I would pass myself off as the best damn Hippo Taxidermist you've ever seen.  I would take the deposit, get it tanned, take it to my friend Roy or Jets studio, pay them $500 a day and the client would have one damn fine hippo sitting in his home.   I have never mounted a life-size gator (and have no interest in learning) but if somebody called and said they have a 12' gator to mount, I would tell them they have found the best gator Taxidermist in Texas... get the gator, get the cash and have my old buddy Dan Hudzik on the next plane to Texas and my client would have the best looking gator one could have gracing his living room.   I have no idea how to correctly mount a life-size African lion, but I have a client in Africa as I type this hunting one (and he's staying till he gets one) and have sold him on a $6500 mount..... trust me, the guy doing it for me is one of the best :)

To say just because you do not know how to do a mount that you should send it down the road is crazy!  Hell, the owner of one of the most successful Taxidrmy shops in the hill country on NOT EVEN A TAXIDERMIST!  He's a businessman!

You don't have to know how to do everything under the sun to take in work, you just have to know how to get it done correctly.

Spent my whole life lookin' back
 Not lookin' ahead to see
 Trying to keep my feet on track
 Doin' what was expected of me
 Kick my shoes off so they can't trace me
 Leave no forwarding address
 Before they all drive me crazy
 And I leave 'em all in a bloody mess
C.C.
Backcountry Taxidermy LLC
Platinum Member

Backcountry Taxidermy LLC

« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2011, 12:20:24 AM »

I'm really confused.......

RIP Donnie C. All of taxi.net misses you buddy.
bmdakk (Bryan)
Platinum Member

Report to moderator

« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2011, 12:25:23 AM »

thats what it says

NEUTERING YOUR PET MAKES THEM LESS NUTS!!!!!!!!

You can't cure stupid, but stupid eventually cures itself.
Betty Bobcat

« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2011, 12:29:38 AM »

Eddie knows a lot of Bettys.

Well Betty, I am taking it seriously. I seriously think it's cousin Eddie's fault. I'm not sure why you feel sorry for him. He says he has some pics of really nice cats done by Betty #2, but won't post them. Betty #2 says Bruce did the mounting. I don't really care who did the mounting, that part really doesn't matter. Your cousin Eddie went with the cheapest he could find, and that is exactly what you get when you go down that road. I assume he had no choice but to go cheap. He probably doesn't charge enough to subcontract a good mammal wholesaler. Either way it's cousin Eddie's fault.

i am not Eddies cousin, well at least i don think i am , hold on i will check the family tree...Nope not Eddies cousin, however i think me and the Bobcat may be  related in some strange way coz my mothers aunties brothers second cousin sisters brother uncle seems to have the same surprised expression on his face in the 1903 family Photo....does that clear things up for you cole ?  ::)

Wishing you a day full of green traffic lights the fastest grocery line your favorite song on the radio a call from an old friend & your keys right where u left them.
charlie
Gold Member

« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2011, 12:44:46 AM »

Holy Hell !!

Charlie's Taxidermy, Tenino Wa
psycho
Platinum Member

2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2011, 01:13:17 AM »

Holy shiiiiiiiitttttt I read the whole post and my freaking head is numb.  I'm raising the BS flag on this one.  No way in hell did this happen.  Someone is late for April Fools. 

Man I just don't believe it.  To many coincidences and new posters and like named people, I smell something and it's worse than standing water. 

Michael thanks.  ;D  I think we all need to just go get some pie.  I'll watch this one with the popcorn in hand.

Cole, how in the hell do you get people pissed at you when you make valid points and tell it how it is?  Too damn funny. 

Where's freaking alpha dog?  Remember that weirdo.   :D  I bet he mounted that cat because you know how much dogs hate cats and it shows!  LOL   ;D  I think he used it as a chew toy.

Betty Bobcat

« Reply #96 on: July 01, 2011, 09:16:09 AM »

someone stole my last post..can a moderator look into this for me please as i am very upset as it took me ages too write and all the big words were spelt properly ..Thanks...BB  :'(

Wishing you a day full of green traffic lights the fastest grocery line your favorite song on the radio a call from an old friend & your keys right where u left them.
grumpa
Gold Member

« Reply #97 on: July 01, 2011, 11:03:06 AM »

MAN OH MAN,  This post is going to convince some TV producer to make a reality show just about TAXINET.  It proves what George always says.  Most taxidermists are as dumb as a bag of hammers.  This is another good reason for testing or at least someone to go around and execute any body that calls themselves a taxidermist that does bad work.  And I get to name the judges and the executioner.  Anybody that wants to, can call themselves a taxidermist.  And that, boys and girls, is the whole problem, in a nut shell.
Cole
Platinum Member

Amateur Taxidermist

« Reply #98 on: July 01, 2011, 11:36:59 AM »

Well he's somebody's cousin, that makes him cousin Eddie. Dan, some people are just intimidated by my wisdom. ;)

Cole Cruickshank
Cameron, MO 64429
michael p.
Platinum Member

Getting better with age :)

« Reply #99 on: July 01, 2011, 11:58:55 AM »

Well he's somebody's cousin, that makes him cousin Eddie. Dan, some women are just intimidated by my wisdom. ;)

Chauvinist pig!

Spent my whole life lookin' back
 Not lookin' ahead to see
 Trying to keep my feet on track
 Doin' what was expected of me
 Kick my shoes off so they can't trace me
 Leave no forwarding address
 Before they all drive me crazy
 And I leave 'em all in a bloody mess
C.C.
eddiep

« Reply #100 on: July 01, 2011, 12:19:01 PM »

some people confuse wisdom with being a smart ass with no respect for others, arrogance is not wisdom. unless your to young to know better and living with daddy and mom and they are paying your bills and this is all you have to do
eddiep

« Reply #101 on: July 01, 2011, 12:20:26 PM »

but i don;t judge  lmaoooooooooooooooooooo
Kerby Ross
Platinum Member

KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

« Reply #102 on: July 01, 2011, 01:24:23 PM »

Here is a solution....buy these two bobcats, give one to your customer instead of the hacky-cat that you paid for and keep the other one for when you do the same thing again.

:)

Kerby...

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,271247.0.html

I'M NOT A TAXIDERMIST, BUT I PLAY ONE ON THE INTERNET
psycho
Platinum Member

2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

« Reply #103 on: July 01, 2011, 01:25:54 PM »

Well he's somebody's cousin, that makes him cousin Eddie. Dan, some people are just intimidated by my wisdom. ;)

Nah, some people just have no clue!  :)  Very obvious on this thread isn't it.  

Betty Bobcat

« Reply #104 on: July 01, 2011, 02:05:16 PM »

i wish you would stop fighting and help me find my last post.....i personally think that moderator guy had something too do with it..he has shifty eyes  :o  i remember the time when you could stick your post up...wonder off.. even go too the store..come back and it would still be here..oh the good old days..well if anyone finds it please POP it in my message box thanks  :)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Buy, Sell and Trade  |  Buyers and Sellers (Moderator: Michael J Vaden)  |  Topic: Wholesale Bobcat by Lone Coyote aka Betty « previous next »