Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 22, 2014, 03:21:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1595366 Posts in 188017 Topics by 42614 Members
Latest Member: Babbboy16
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Training  |  Topic: Whitetail Deer Workshop With 2011 World Champion « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Whitetail Deer Workshop With 2011 World Champion  (Read 10784 times)
v.fleming
Bronze Member

« on: December 22, 2011, 09:25:56 AM »

I am offering a workshop in all areas of whitetail taxidermy. Intensive classes which are geared specifically to the individual. From the beginner to the advanced, we will cover the basics, reference study, tanning, alterations, anatomy, open mouth, casting parts with dental acrylics and other products and finish work. It will be hands on to meet your specific needs.
I have been in taxidermy for 30 years. Started competing again in 2009 after an 18 year layoff. Since then I have been blessed to have won, 2nd in World at the 2009 World Taxidermy Championships; 2009 National Champion at the NTA; 1st place Masters 2010 NCTA and Best in World at the 2011 World Taxidermy Championships, all with whitetails.
If you are looking to improve your commercial work or your competition skills, please contact me at artwildlife@yadtel.net or call 336-961-6260. Please call for references of past students. I am located in NC.

GOD BLESS, Vincent Fleming
Kittrell Hill (Tuggy)
Platinum Member

9 Beard Merriam 2008 Meade Co SD

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 11:16:16 AM »

I just took a class with Vince this year on finish work and all I can say is he is first class!!! He is a great teacher and really knows how to explain things on a level where even I could understand. :o  He also is the kinda teacher that doesn't think his way is the only way to do things and I think that impressed me more than anything. I tried painting he way and couldn't do it so finally Vince told me to set up everything to my liking and BAM!!! everything started going smooth as silk!!! I pick up alot from Vince in just the 2 days I was there and Plan on going back for 2 or 3 more this coming year. IMO you will not find a better guy to school with!!! ;)

v.fleming
Bronze Member

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 07:08:08 PM »

Steve Tugwell took an advanced whitetail class last week. It was a real pleasure working with Steve and watching him work for the goals he has set for himself.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 09:18:11 AM by v.fleming » Logged
Travis Jones
Platinum Member

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 08:05:58 PM »

I am by no means a deer taxidermist. I actually just a month ago mounted my first, but I can tell you this. I took a fish class under Rick Krane at Anglers Artistry several years back and I've sat in on one of Vince's class that he held here at my Dads shop for him and my brother. He reminded me so much of Rick and his knowledge of fish but Vince has an unbelievable knowledge for whitetails. Besides being just an all around great guy, he is  great at teaching his trade. He knows whitetails and whitetail taxidermy inside and out. Before I mounted my first deer, a year and a half after sitting in on his coarse, I sat down and made notes of things that I remembered from then. That's how well he puts it in your head. From setting ears & eyes to finishing noses or what imperfections to pin point in your form to using reference correctly. The man knows his deer and if your considering a class in the NC area its well worth it. Even if your not in the NC area it would be worth the visit here to take of class "A" coarse.

Kittrell Hill (Tuggy)
Platinum Member

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 11:43:25 PM »

Vince I would like to thank you for everything you have helped me with over the few years I have known you. Like Travis said you have unbelievable knowledge about whitetails and are a great teacher but You best quality is not taxidermy its you personality and how humble you are about all you have accomplished. That being said I highly recommend Vince's classes to anyone that wants to improve their work!!!

v.fleming
Bronze Member

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 09:15:33 AM »

I had Billy Staggs from Louisiana come this past week to do a whitetail workshop. Billy is a great guy and I have made a new friend. He did a great job and I can't wait to see what the future brings him. Here is the deer Billy mounted, and this is only his fourth deer.
Troy Rose
Bronze Member

Learning...one of life's greatest treasures!

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 09:58:20 AM »

Nice looking mount!  Keep up the great work!!!

staggs

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 05:07:53 PM »

Thanks,  Anybody that wants to get first class training in whitetails .I would recommend going to Vincents workshop . He is a great guy that I now call friend. A wonderful teacher that makes everything easy to understand and doesn't mind showing you more than once and makes sure that you get it right.  Thanks ,once again Vincent.
Kittrell Hill (Tuggy)
Platinum Member

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 02:11:06 PM »

Looks really Nice Billy!!!! If you are like me I have already made plans to spend somemore time at Vince's shop!!! He is by far one of the best Teachers I have ever studied under!!!

staggs

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 10:45:52 PM »

Yea Im already wanting to go back and i just left last week. He is a great teacher and also a great Guy.
Rick Krane
Platinum Member

Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 12:52:07 PM »

Very very cool indeed!

Rick Krane

Join us for Anglers Artistry's Big Announcement! Click the Banner for more information:

www.anglersartistry.com/store/
Please like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Rick.Krane.Anglers.Artistry
v.fleming
Bronze Member

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 08:42:34 PM »

Want to thank Chris Horne for supporting the West Virginia USSA by purchasing a deer workshop I donated this past April. Chris came down from PA to support the NCTA this past weekend. He came and took the workshop after the show which he won many awards, including three State Champion Awards and received a standing ovation. Chris is one of the most talented and humble men I have ever met. Not sure what he learned from the workshop, but he sure mounted a smokin deer. The whitetail guys better look out next year. Thanks for a fun time Chris and I pray you reach all your goals.

v.fleming
Bronze Member

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2012, 06:58:00 PM »

It was a real pleasure having Alex Pipes come and take a whitetail workshop the past few days. It is so much fun to share what you have learned in taxidermy with someone like Alex who is wanting to improve their work. I want to thank Alex for taking his time to come and take my workshop and I wish him the best. This deer had the most character I have seen in a while. The cape was smoking hot and the rack was so gnarly with long tines. Alex killed this deer last year and did a great job on the mount.

Jimmy Lawrence
Platinum Member

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2012, 11:21:02 PM »

Love the work in this thread.  The detail work in the mounts are very awesome.  Im sure they look as good when they dry!!!

Very nice work for student, and teacher!!!

Jimmy

Lawrence Taxidermy Studio.  Specializing in Award Winning Fish Skinmounts, and Reproductions.
Pappacannon
Bronze Member

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2012, 08:54:11 PM »

I learned more in two days with Vince than I have learned in the past several years on my own. If anyone is considering taking their work up to the next level..look no further...you have found the man....I promise it wont be my last Workshop with Vince.  I have seen instant results in my work from the  Workshop.  Cant wait to go back...if Vince will have me again sometime. 
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Training  |  Topic: Whitetail Deer Workshop With 2011 World Champion « previous next »