Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 22, 2014, 03:53:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1603323 Posts in 189121 Topics by 42807 Members
Latest Member: Brian_D
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Lifesize Mammals  |  Topic: red fox mount with trap question « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: red fox mount with trap question  (Read 986 times)
trappermatt

« on: January 19, 2012, 07:32:49 PM »

hi, im new here and wanted to ask a question.  has anyone ever mounted a fox in a position with a trap on its foot?  im getting one done this year and ive been trapping for a few years and was wanting the fox caught, but not sure, either that or just approaching a set with a little of the trap exsposed out of the dirt showing whats happening next.  also its back feet are white with balck cirlces on them its pretty neat. anyone that has a pic of a trapped fox mount any ideas would be great. thanks for the help.
phoenix-cry
Platinum Member

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 12:04:09 AM »

Personally I'd rather see a fox approaching the trap, perhaps noticing that it is there. 
Mudcat72
Bronze Member

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 12:47:35 AM »

Personally I'd rather see a fox approaching the trap, perhaps noticing that it is there. 
Sounds like one of my sets.
trappermatt

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 08:04:33 AM »

ya thats what i was thinking. not to sure about having a stressed looking fox all the time, and approaching a set would look alot more natural.
Hammer
Platinum Member

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 02:53:16 PM »

This was talked about awhile back and most people thought that having any animal in a trap or showing fear from man made equipment was not a good idea. Even though it's part of our industry and this is how we collect specimens it's really not a good to recreate it. But it's your mount or if a customer wants it like that well I guess it's up to you to do it or not.
trappermatt

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 04:25:56 PM »

ya approaching a set would be cool i think. not sure if anyone has seen it but theres a red fox mount that is checking out a deer skull. something like that.
Redneck Express
Silver Member

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 08:21:33 PM »

or stepin on the pan and have the trap in have close mode just have the jaws welded to he halve open.
Trappedout

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 08:35:55 PM »

pose it digging the trap up. Thats happened to me a couple of times this year. LOL
mvernelson
Gold Member

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 10:40:46 PM »

Agree digging or flipping the loose jaw. Or pawing out a trapcicle in the snow. I dont see the big deal its your mount do whatever you like. They got no problems putting mounts of deer and buffalo running with indian arrows stuck through them in museums but talk about a trap and everyone freaks.
trappermatt

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 11:30:24 AM »

see, im gettin this fox done for a trade. brought them a few furs and they are mounted the fox i want for that so i kinda have to stay away from major altering as it will be more work and take longer. ya i had a few dug up traps and flipped jaws this yr!
Pages: [1] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Lifesize Mammals  |  Topic: red fox mount with trap question « previous next »