to all that got gifted ducks and have complaints
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2014, 01:53:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1625055 Posts in 192433 Topics by 43483 Members
Latest Member: mballen13097
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear! Please Click Here for full details and to enter.
You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate. Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Buy, Sell and Trade  |  Buyers and Sellers (Moderator: Michael J Vaden)  |  Topic: to all that got gifted ducks and have complaints « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Print
Author Topic: to all that got gifted ducks and have complaints  (Read 6155 times)
Rus
Bronze Member

Russ

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2012, 02:02:25 AM »

screw them that bitched, many new people would appreciate the duck how ever they got it, I know I would
Kay Raynewolfe
Platinum Member

BIG THX to everyone who made Nationals memorable!

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2012, 02:37:27 AM »

Thats a shame. People should be more greatful for the opportunity to work with items they otherwise would have little access to, and even more greatful to have an item gifted to them. I am sorry to hear of your unfortunate list of complaints.

Kay Raynewolfe

- Kay Raynewolfe

Eyeconic Eyes Have Arrived! Visit www.nightwhine.com for more info!

Wholesale taxidermy services now available for small mammals.

Tnet users, military, and NTA members ask about discounts.

Additional services: graphic design, business cards, vinyl banners, posters, brochures...
Jerry Huffaker
Platinum Member

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2012, 06:59:34 AM »

I gave a warthog skull to a guy on here one time I PAID THE FREIGHT just to be nice and I never heard back from him, no thank you, kis my tail or nothing. Some people are just ungrateful and dont care.
Brian
Platinum Member

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2012, 07:31:45 AM »

I gave a warthog skull to a guy on here one time I PAID THE FREIGHT just to be nice and I never heard back from him, no thank you, kis my tail or nothing. Some people are just ungrateful and dont care.
i hear ya. i paid out of pocket on 6 or 7 of the boxes i sent monday(gifted ducks) lets see if i get there shipping money. ive got good hopes but well see. thanks again guys.

Nukawin
Gold Member

Call me Lee

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2012, 07:40:48 AM »

heres just a few

it took too long
the ducks bloody
it smells funny so i tossed!!HELLO MORON!THERE SEA DUCKS THERE GONNA STINK!
the duck has a broken wing
the duck has a broken leg

I guess im a glutten for punishment. i should of learned years ago. i guess ill say it for the FINAL TIME.

IM DONE GIFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so next year just come on out and book a hunt with me. 250.00 a day plys air fare,rental car,gas,hotel,out of state license and you can shoot your own damn ducks!!!!!!!!then well see if you still bitch about a free duck that only cost you 15.00 for shipping!!

oh and nobody ever held a gun to your head on how i was gonna ship it. if you dont like priority or fed ex ground please feel free to pay 50-80 dollars on express.

Wait.. they complained about abit of blood or broken limbs?

Are they forgetting these things were shot, possibly in midflight?

Obviously when something is shot, it's going to bleed. And if it was shot in midflight, obviously it's going to break something when it falls to the ground. Just deal with it.

I get bloodied ducks with broken limbs all the time, wash the bird and use the tutorial here to fix the broken bones, deal with it and stop complaining.

Sorry you feel this way about gifting ducks, I'm surprised people are complaining about trivial things like blood and broken bones, both that can be easily fixed.

♥ R.I.P Sandy, my beautiful German Shepherd... 21/1/2004 - 21/9/2012 ♥
Ed Buck
Silver Member

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2012, 07:42:56 AM »

hard to believe how ungrateful  people can be sorry to hear all this   Brian keep up the great gesture  thanks  ed
finfeathr
Silver Member

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2012, 07:45:06 AM »

I know the feeling Brian,
People don't realize that gifting is a pain in the ass at times, keeping track of pm's, laying out $$, keeping track of who still owes you $$ for shipping, going to the post office, standing on line, etc....I do it because there are only so many birds I can mount for myself, and use as displays, etc. I would rather a bird get used than end up in the landfill. Also, I try to keep in mind that the stuff we shoot around here that's common may be a once in a lifetime bird for someone else....
That being said, we are taxidermists, for chrissakes! Of course it's bloody/defrosting..it took a few days to get to you...pop it back in the freezer and defrost when you're ready to mount it..sheesh!
Yes, they have broken wings, legs, etc...they were shot! What do you expect? Fix it! This is all part of being a taxidermist. If you can't fix a few simple broken bone issues, hang it up now.....
How about the "did you ship yet" or "when's it getting here?" Believe me, no one gifting birds is running off with your $11-$15! We ship them on a Monday to ensure delivery the same week. [Thereby hopefully avoiding the whole "it stinks and is bloody" issues].

And finally, ALL SEADUCKS, MERGANSERS, and BRANT  S-T-I-N-K! This is due to what they eat..seaweed and fish..The bird is not spoiled....again, if you can't handle smells, a different hobby/profession is in order!
Try to remember that we are gifting time and $$ also....
Rich
Brian
Platinum Member

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2012, 08:13:45 AM »

thanks Rich i couldnt of said it better. hope all is well. hows bigfoot doing.lol.

MichaelG
Silver Member

TRAINEE

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2012, 08:15:08 AM »

To all of you that provide Gifted items, THANK YOU!!!  I'm new to this forum so I have not had the oppurtunity to request a gifted item yet but plan on doing so.  Some of us are very gratefull to get what we can so to help fine tune our skills.  

Mike
slammer53
Bronze Member

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2012, 08:18:31 AM »

Hello Brian,You are a very generous Person and I want to personal thank you for what you are doing ,all though I have not received birds form you I have from Bob Jugman, so let me say the gifting you and others do on this site is GREATLY appreciated by most,and maybe it's just the appreciation by a few that stinks.
God Bless slammer53

John VanSlambrouck
Eternal Life Taxidermy

Matthew 19:26

« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2012, 08:20:25 AM »

I agree.  Thanks Brian for offering gifted ducks.  I personally am excited to be able to get some from you.  Look forward to mounting them up.
finfeathr
Silver Member

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2012, 08:30:08 AM »

thanks Rich i couldnt of said it better. hope all is well. hows bigfoot doing.lol.
bigfoot is fine, dusty, but fine..now that duck season is almost over, maybe I will clean him.....
wildlife 1
Platinum Member

« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2012, 08:53:50 AM »

Hey Brian F those ungrateful idiots. Those are the ones you can never make happy.
The people that know you know your all good. As far a sending stinky birds what the hell are the to smell like. They are sea ducks they stink period.

Our future is in the youth of today.

Mother Nature creates animals to blend in with Nature.
We Recreate them to blend in with furniture.
duckmounter
Gold Member

« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2012, 09:05:14 AM »

Brian, I gifted about 25 seaducks to a well known taxidermist in louisiana including a king eider back in 1989, and when he received them I could not belive that he called me bitching. He did it one more time and I went crazy on him and called him every name in the book. Of course after that I was the bad guy for doing that to him. He still talks bad of me to everyone but when he see's me I'm his friend. Phony ass dude and certain people make him out to be way better than he is.I know that he has lost alot of good people in this industry for being such a piece of sheet.
rgswildlife
Silver Member

« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2012, 09:10:52 AM »

Brian, I also have customers who can't understand why some of there birds are shot up ??????? Unless they wished them out of the sky, they are as bad as these people who are beating you up on your gifts. I would like to be added to your good guy list. Thanks Rich

Wildlife Taxidermy by Richard G. Santomauro
1732 Hgy # 71
Wall NJ 07719
Phone # 732-449-5950 http://www.rgswildlifetaxidermy.com
http://www.velvet-antlers.com
http://www.taxidermyrental.com/
 E-Mail rgswildlife@yahoo.com
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Buy, Sell and Trade  |  Buyers and Sellers (Moderator: Michael J Vaden)  |  Topic: to all that got gifted ducks and have complaints « previous next »