did ya ever regret taking a job on ! (updated mounted up pics)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2014, 05:44:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1616693 Posts in 191044 Topics by 43190 Members
Latest Member: Michiel375
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Deer and Gameheads  |  Topic: did ya ever regret taking a job on ! (updated mounted up pics) « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: did ya ever regret taking a job on ! (updated mounted up pics)  (Read 6417 times)
wetthereel

« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2012, 11:12:41 AM »

"How do you then move somebody up the list who's paying more without moving one down?"

You do ALL the "rush" work on an overtime basis.........that is.....evenings and weekends. The regular customers get done during work hours and no one will get moved down in order. If you don't have evenings and weekends to do that, something's wrong. That doesn't mean that you don't do rush work "during" those regular hours, it just means that you make up the time during the overtime(evenings and weekends) so that everything is done on schedule. The rush order pays for the overtime.
x2 old fart. this should answer your ? michaelp.

horsedoctor...ur bro in law got any extra signs!
dablaw
Gold Member

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2012, 08:48:47 PM »

If you end up mounting it, why not get it all ready to mount up,have the ears ready to go....when he comes in the shop to watch and give advice, offer him up a beer and have someone from behind, crack him in the head with a piece of driftwood....He wakes up a while later, with a headache and a deer done to his specs..."yes...that's how you told me to do the ears right before you passed out and hit your head"......"want another beer ?".....
russ

« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2012, 11:19:40 PM »

Rick just have him come over to show you how he wants the ears to be set, tell him you don't have time to start it right now, but you should be able to start it in a couple of weeks. After you get it put together, tell him it is not drying fast enough and you can't do the finish work in time for the show. See you there. Russ
michael p.
Platinum Member

Getting better with age :)

« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2012, 12:27:34 AM »

Sorry, but I'll put it plain and simple.  If I'm getting $150 for antler mounts and I have 15 of them to do over the next few months and some guy comes in at 9:00AM on Monday morning with one and says 'I'll give you $300 if you can have it ready by tomorrow morning' I guarantee that it will be done by 12:00 noon and never even think about the other 15

Spent my whole life lookin' back
 Not lookin' ahead to see
 Trying to keep my feet on track
 Doin' what was expected of me
 Kick my shoes off so they can't trace me
 Leave no forwarding address
 Before they all drive me crazy
 And I leave 'em all in a bloody mess
C.C.
tem
Platinum Member

« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2012, 01:53:38 AM »

:o
verne
Platinum Member

« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2012, 12:56:19 PM »

Right on Michael  :D  ;D
ncdeerhunter2002

« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2012, 02:00:04 PM »

Don't worry about him, he cannot eat ya, mount the deer like he wants it, do another for the show and show him how good his could have looked if he had kept his mouth shut, losing 1 bad customer will not hurt you if you put out quality work, good luck.
James Marsico
Platinum Member

« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2012, 03:02:37 PM »

Sorry, but I'll put it plain and simple.  If I'm getting $150 for antler mounts and I have 15 of them to do over the next few months and some guy comes in at 9:00AM on Monday morning with one and says 'I'll give you $300 if you can have it ready by tomorrow morning' I guarantee that it will be done by 12:00 noon and never even think about the other 15
Amen :)

3bears
Platinum Member

« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2012, 11:13:40 PM »

Damn straight Michael P. Money talks, and I am in business to make money. As I am sure you are too. 3bears
wetthereel

« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2012, 11:52:55 PM »

y r u apologizing? u r the 1 who asked how it was done. btw, 12 noon that same monday? 3 hrs on an antler mount? i guess thats still not bad...$100/hr b4 subtractin material and operating cost!

or

u spend your 8 hr day doing 2 and 2/3 of your 15 antler mounts...stay an extra 3 hours doin the rush antler mount and it still done by the next morning...and u didn't take the rest of your monday off not thinking about your 15 other antler mounts...u make $700...make all your clients happy

thanks for the business!
michael p.
Platinum Member

Getting better with age :)

« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2012, 01:47:02 AM »

Take the rest of the Monday off and go fishing sounds better to me :)

Spent my whole life lookin' back
 Not lookin' ahead to see
 Trying to keep my feet on track
 Doin' what was expected of me
 Kick my shoes off so they can't trace me
 Leave no forwarding address
 Before they all drive me crazy
 And I leave 'em all in a bloody mess
C.C.
wetthereel

« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2012, 07:18:32 PM »

Take the rest of the Monday off and go fishing sounds better to me :)

ok, you talked me into it! woulda thought of that earlier, but i live in NE and the fishing is so bad most of the year i would rather work...doesn't help i grew up fishing in WI either
boarhunter67
Platinum Member

« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2012, 12:08:42 AM »

If you end up mounting it, why not get it all ready to mount up,have the ears ready to go....when he comes in the shop to watch and give advice, offer him up a beer and have someone from behind, crack him in the head with a piece of driftwood....He wakes up a while later, with a headache and a deer done to his specs..."yes...that's how you told me to do the ears right before you passed out and hit your head"......"want another beer ?".....
  And don't forget to take some compromising pictures of him and his deer "mount" while he is out.  You can tell him he mentioned something about showing you how he can mount a deer.
Mill Creek Taxidermy (fozzie)
Platinum Member

« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2012, 02:52:07 PM »

Got it done!!!!!!!!!! ish !!!!!!!! I hate the DORK ears but the nightmare is closer to its new home and not soon enough for me......only two more to go ....pics on page 1 added to original post!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 03:13:37 PM by Mill Creek Taxidermy (fozzie) » Logged
JSeiler
Platinum Member

« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2012, 07:44:16 AM »

It is about time you got this deer done, this thread was only started 17 days ago lol. Looks good buddy

1995 23.2' Sportcraft WAC Fishmaster powered by a 6 cylinder Volvo Penta w/ duo prop :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Deer and Gameheads  |  Topic: did ya ever regret taking a job on ! (updated mounted up pics) « previous next »