Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 30, 2014, 02:12:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1605356 Posts in 189362 Topics by 42861 Members
Latest Member: kevarrow70
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Deer and Gameheads  |  Topic: did ya ever regret taking a job on ! (updated mounted up pics) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: did ya ever regret taking a job on ! (updated mounted up pics)  (Read 6227 times)
Low T
Platinum Member

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2012, 11:05:11 AM »

Do as Bill suggested, put it in the novice or commercial division, he will be proud of that ribbon. And do your own comp deer. For the future, never,,never,, talk to much in front of the customer, never suggest more work for yourself.

And no, I do not own a Tshirt that has a wolf or unicorn on it.
There is no such thing as gun control, only people control.
Stop Rot,,use it or lose it.
Rest well our friend, you are missed.
verne
Platinum Member

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2012, 11:53:59 AM »

good advise T.
Mill Creek Taxidermy (fozzie)
Platinum Member

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2012, 12:13:48 PM »

That info right there is what I will do from now on..........I havent heard anyone from Mi. say send him my way lol, c'mon someone's gotta think they can handle this guy. I Did tell everyone that it will be 6-12 months before I get it done....but i mentioned "MAYBE" .....NEVER SAY MAYBE! I also specifically said I probably will not use it anyway cuz I would like to do my own mounts just in case I do manage to pull a blue .....lol! THIS IS JUST ANOTHER "OPEN MOUTH INSERT FOOT SITUATION I PUT MYSELF IN" No matter how clear I was with him he only heard what he wanted to hear and went with that. I can tell you right now if I brought him his stuff right now I would NOT  loose any sleep over it ! Hopefully I can get his form by tomorrow  and just get it done. He demands he be there during the mounting process so he can tell me to do the ears incorrectly too......so I guess I have to get the mount to that point and call him so he can be there when I possition the ears ....My gosh this guy makes me want to go get a job and punch a clock and work for someones else !!!!!!!!
Do as Bill suggested, put it in the novice or commercial division, he will be proud of that ribbon. And do your own comp deer. For the future, never,,never,, talk to much in front of the customer, never suggest more work for yourself.
Low T
Platinum Member

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2012, 12:27:43 PM »

Once in a while, you have to hold the customers hand. One tip I was taught by my old sales coach, RIP Fred Hass bless your heart,,, was to never say the word "maybe" to a customer. Because the customer will take that as a yes. And they always do. And never volunteer any special service that you would not give to all the customers. Keep the sale short, sweet and simple, and shut up. Now buddy, knowing you,, we are going to have to work on that last part. ;-)

In my sales days, I had customers I could not stand to service, but I changed my attitude to work with them, they took a little more of my time, and I put on a convincing fake smile, and it always paid off. They were, who they were. You just take it in stride and make them fit. They turned in to some of my best customers once I learned how they ticked.

And no, I do not own a Tshirt that has a wolf or unicorn on it.
There is no such thing as gun control, only people control.
Stop Rot,,use it or lose it.
Rest well our friend, you are missed.
verne
Platinum Member

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2012, 12:32:12 PM »

That wouldn`t sit well with me having a customer telling me what to do with the ears while i was mounting it ; what else will he what you to do to the mount tell him to E-mail you a pic of a deer with the ears the way he wants them , you can always use Mc Kenzies half back buts with liners.they are in between like he wants them.
millardtaxi
Gold Member

JOHN 3:3

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2012, 12:45:39 PM »

do not let your customer run your buiss, yes you have to be professional about the situation but do not have to back down to him, and if you want to mount something for the show and compete, do not let him get in the way of your decisions, chances are anyone that he may talk to already knows how he is anyway. seem to me that your a professional already anyway, due to the fact that your losing sleep over the guniune care of your buiss and rep, but there is NOTHING wrong with standing your ground.

Jesus answered and said unto him,verily,verily,I say unto thee, except man be born again,he cannot see the kingdom of God.
pir^2h
Platinum Member

Retrievers give you the bird

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2012, 12:51:21 PM »

I am not in your shoes or even in the taxidermy business commercially however, if you think the ear set will look bad, try to get the customer in to see what it will look like when it is done.  If you have another head in progress but not complete, hold the ears in the position he wants and show him what it will look like.  If he still wants it, make him sign it was mounted to his specifications.  

My concern would be when his buddies see it and laugh he will blame it on you in an effort to cover for his own stupidity and try to make you look like bad.  

I know it is hard to turn down business but sometimes it is for the best.  When I had my electronics repair business, I refused to serve customers who "thought" they knew more than me.  Let someone else deal with the problem.

Hey Rick,  I am getting close on that lifesize I got from you......finally!!!

Vic

\\\"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"///
michael p.
Platinum Member

Getting better with age :)

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2012, 01:20:17 PM »

Fozzie.... just take control of the situation and make this guy your bitch!

Spent my whole life lookin' back
 Not lookin' ahead to see
 Trying to keep my feet on track
 Doin' what was expected of me
 Kick my shoes off so they can't trace me
 Leave no forwarding address
 Before they all drive me crazy
 And I leave 'em all in a bloody mess
C.C.
3bears
Platinum Member

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2012, 01:24:53 PM »

As far as being there when you mount. If you're gonna accommodate him on this issue. Mount the antlers on the form call him, have him come in and use earliners to show various positions once he decides take a pic and send him on his way. Tell him you will call him when it is dry and finished. Customers like this are a big pain but they keep us on our toes. Once this situation is over you will probably laugh about it. 3bears
Hedhuntr
Gold Member

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2012, 01:26:26 PM »

You are dealing with a classic case of an indecisive, OCD SOB! Do what Bill said and what MR T reiterated.Then get it and all his stuff out the door and drink a 12 pack and be glad it and all the other work you are doing for him is gone.
ccook63
Platinum Member

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2012, 01:30:04 PM »

Fozzie.... just take control of the situation and make this guy your bitch!

Yep! What Michael P. said.

I think the best thing you can do at this point is get it done and out of your mind (I almost said hair) HA HA. Chalk it up to a learning experience. You will always learn more from a mistake than a success.

DOUBLE TAKE TAXIDERMY
"SO LIFE LIKE YOU NEED TO LOOK TWICE"
doubletaketaxidermy.com
GregC424
Silver Member

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2012, 02:30:21 PM »

I would have him over to watch you mount it after you drink the 12 pack. I'm pretty sure the problem would be solved then. ;D
Platinum Member

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2012, 03:11:40 PM »

Yea Greg I do not drink anymore but if I had 12 beers I can guarentee I would'nt have to worry bout that job anymore. My drink'n buddy's used to tell me I was the most fun to hang out with UP TO 7 OR 8 BEERS  after that ......no more fun lol ! I will have 5 whole years with no drinky in March !!!!! ;D

Micheal , I got on my phone and saw your post and cracked up ....I needed that !!!

As for now I am gonna just have him over when I get his form and go over ear placement before I mount like one of ya had suggested... lol if I had to mount that while he stands there and watches his bill is gonna sky rocket damnit......he will be get'n a YOXATHON BILL IN THE MAIL RIGHT :D

tHANKS FOR EVERYONES SUGGESTIONS, I really like to hear how the pro's handle this crap, I know I cant be the only one that run's into this poo!
Platinum Member

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2012, 03:15:05 PM »

Oh and super, glad to hear your gonna get her mounted up finally Vic !!!!!! I cant wait to see her !!! The deer of coarse lmao  :o :D
Brent W
Bronze Member

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2012, 03:16:09 PM »

I feel for ya. I think I would tell the guy 1st your cape isnt show quality and the pose we agreed on is not one you want to use or even the form and pose. 2nd I dont know what you told him for time frame but I would also consider that there are 20 heads in front of him if he wants rush work there is a fee. I have had those customers and you may never be able to please him. Your work is your best advertisement. He cant hurt that. If he is that type of guy probably everybody knows it and take him with a grain of salt.  If he is cant make happy kind of guy...No matter what you do he will be complaining. Like I said let your work be your advertisement

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Deer and Gameheads  |  Topic: did ya ever regret taking a job on ! (updated mounted up pics) « previous next »