Wild life lamps
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2014, 08:52:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1625418 Posts in 192505 Topics by 43495 Members
Latest Member: 330standard
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Deer and Gameheads  |  Topic: Wild life lamps « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Wild life lamps  (Read 1190 times)
Steven .B
Bronze Member

« on: February 19, 2012, 01:03:58 AM »

Started makeing these Wild Life Lamps several years ago and they became quit popular!! Great  way of displaying a skull especially if you have two end table in a game room and great conversation peices..

* 025.JPG (122.43 kB, 512x682 - viewed 465 times.)
Lone Wolf AK
Silver Member

Lone Wolf Taxidermy and Wildlife Artistry

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 02:31:24 AM »

Nice twist with the arrow for an archery trophy.  Definitely "man cave" art  ;D.  Good job.
Slate Run
Bronze Member

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 09:18:11 AM »

Where do you find your lamp shades? Really like the lamp idea.
jamie11
Silver Member

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 10:32:17 AM »

cool
roostinridge
Platinum Member

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 10:46:58 AM »

Great idea and very nice.

kirby/575.693.6699
Platinum Member

I'm on top of the dirt; how bad can it be?

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 11:29:08 AM »

the bitterness of poor quality far outweighs the sweetness of low price.
Steven .B
Bronze Member

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 01:13:17 PM »

I got the lamps shade off the internet but can't remember where.. I bought several to save on shipping If i remember right I got a better price on the shade for buying 10 or more but the more you bought the better the price... I'll see if I can find who I bought them off of... I've sold over 50 of these thing in the past few years tried to get McKenzie's interested in them but got no reply.

I have even used the glass shades off of the touch lamps and removed the metal flower and added metal leafs These shade cost around 20-30 dollars a piece so sometimes it better to just buy the whole lamp and use the parts from it.. But it makes the lamp look good!!!   I've used old locust post cut them off at the desired height But Locust post are hard to drill out the center for the wire to go up through but look great for rustic post... We used barbwire sometime's driftwood put deer print in the dirt,  Just use you Imagination and think out side the box!!!!!

If you make one and put it in your show room I'll guarantee they will sell.. There easy to make fast turnaround and there's not much money to build one...

Base 10.00 in the base I buy them at Busy beaver already premade or save and make your own
Lamp kit 10.00..     $30 if you buy A TOUCH LAMP which will include the wiring and the price of the shade... Local malls often sell these lamp as does flea markets hobby shops...
Shades will very in price but will average $15-$20 dollars   Buy in bulk and save$$$$$ It will cost you as much to ship one as it does 10.... Just make sure to size your shade with the size of the lamp a small shade on a bigger base will be out of balance....
stain 10.00 but will do ton's of these so do a break down.
ground scenery material..  I use coffee ground mixed with Elmer's glue, cost of your floral...

Maxim cost into it is around 50 dollars... I sell them for 150.00   That's with there skull and already cleaned .. Most of the time I'm cleaning there skull so I making money there also but I do cut them a break If I doing there skull and making them a lamp....   

Thanks All for the kind words and hope this helps!!!

squid
Silver Member

hunt hard or go home

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2012, 01:42:21 PM »

Looks awsome.

Republican Vote=2nd Amendmant Rights, and freedoms
Demicratic vote=loss of guns and our right, thus equalling a dim out look for taxidermists.
Recdec1
Silver Member

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2012, 02:19:49 PM »

Very Cool...   Can't wait to do one!

Some Jobs To Small, Many Jobs To Big
MR. DEW

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2012, 03:17:04 PM »

That looks awesome!
cwt
Platinum Member

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 08:44:30 PM »

I like that
Pages: [1] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Deer and Gameheads  |  Topic: Wild life lamps « previous next »