Midwest Regional Convention AUG 17-19, 2012
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 01:30:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1618103 Posts in 191245 Topics by 43230 Members
Latest Member: heatherpatton
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  General Discussions  |  The Taxidermy Industry  |  Topic: Midwest Regional Convention AUG 17-19, 2012 « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Midwest Regional Convention AUG 17-19, 2012  (Read 13722 times)
3bears
Platinum Member

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2012, 12:57:29 PM »

Considering attending. What does the $500.00 cover?  August would likely work better for me as well, bear season starts Sept. 1. 3bears
antlerman
Platinum Member

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2012, 01:16:09 PM »

3bears, and others. The 500.00 covers the 3 day seminar of your choice, one entry into the competition, and one banquet ticket, and the right to hang out with some really cool cats and have a ton of fun. Oh, and learn a bunch of cool stuff too.  Ask the others, it's a GREAT time. Once you come hang out with this group, you'll come back every year. It's a LEARN LEARN LEARN weekend, with some fun stuff added in.  Come join us.

sarahdj
Platinum Member

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2012, 01:48:13 PM »

I'm in- August is best for me personally- September is bear season.  Nothing gets between me and my dad when it comes to this ;).  We will be hopefully hosting USSA hunt recipients for bear too- legalities kept us from it last year but deer hunts were a success.
Class- not sure yet but I will nail it down in my pea brain as soon as I can.  Recovering from surviving Tyler's birthday, our first since he passed.  Kinda rough yet.

When my feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says "Oh crap- she's up!";)

When Regan was president, we had Bob Hope and Johnny Cash.  Now Obama is president and we have no hope and no money.

Smile at someone- they'll wonder what you're thinkin'.
antlerman
Platinum Member

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2012, 10:36:06 PM »

Glad to see so many of you returning this year, (instructors and students) and thanks for responding so quickly to the thread.  We debated for months over the idea to do it again or not, but just can't not do it. The first one was stressful as we had to learn as we went, but you guys all pitched in and helped make it worthwhile. Your responding tells me that we are on to a good thing and all the work and preparation is worth every minute and dollar spent. We are small, but growing. I hope we can double this year as Steve suggested. If we limit class sizes to 10 per instructor, we have room for 70. I don't expect to fill them all, but we are prepared if we do. I considered omitting the competition and banquet expense, but Miss Becky would hear no part of it. So everything is on just like last year. The front loaded expenses like advertising is overwhelming on our personal account. I think the flier campaign last year was effective to a point, but needed to be done much sooner. Hopefully with your help in sending in early deposits we can get that launched much sooner this year. I have already been contacted by several vendors who plan to be back here this year. That is encouraging to say the least. If everyone that came last year brings a buddy, we will be able to pay the bills in just our second year. That too is encouraging. I know I can count of you guys to spread the word and bring a friend. Last year Bruce Owens brought 3 or 4 of his own students. That is the kind of participation we need. I guess the thing that I want to emphasize here is the EDUCATION. The cost to study with any one of these instructors would be more per day than you will pay for this 3 day weekend event. The GREAT thing about these instructors is they ALL are dedicated to helping you learn. They are hand picked for their knowledge and teaching abilities. They will leave it all on the table for YOU and hold nothing back. Last year I saw mounts completed in every class that could win top honors at any state convention. Impressive. One instructor stayed an extra day just to finish what was started on a beautiful bear mount. When I say these guys are dedicated to teaching you, I really really mean that.  I read on taxinet where people ask about training and where to go and what training set up is best. I have been to many state conventions seminars, I have trained with some of the greats in this industry one on one. I can honestly tell you this is the place to learn. There is no interruptions, no phones ringing, no schedule breaks. It's down and dirty hands on mounting until we get the job done, and we have a good time doing it. So if you are reading this and have the desire to learn by working side by side with any one of these great instructors give us a shot. I think if you do you too will become one of the faithful just like all these who came last year and have already committed to coming back. Their return tells me we are doing something special here. I hope you will consider joining us too.  Sincerely Tim.
Wildside
Platinum Member

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2012, 09:04:51 AM »

If you are not in the hands on seminars, you can not attend or compete?
wildlife 1
Platinum Member

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2012, 09:13:48 AM »

Wildside
If I remember right you can enter the comp. without being in the Seminars. You will have to pay an entry fee for your mounts and a registration fee. And if you want to go to the Banquet it will be another fee.
I maybe wrong but  If I am wrong Tim will correct me.

People should add this event to their calenders as it is an amazing opportunity to learn and meet some new friends .

Our future is in the youth of today.

Mother Nature creates animals to blend in with Nature.
We Recreate them to blend in with furniture.
antlerman
Platinum Member

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2012, 12:20:30 PM »

Wildside, yes absolutely you can come and compete. I will have to look at last years fee cost and get back with you, but yes is the answer.
Ittybit
Silver Member

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2012, 12:48:38 PM »

You better save me a spot!! Can I take full size mounts and antler replicas? I had so much fun, learned to much and made so many new friends last year. Maybe you should save a spot for my husband so I won't have to sneek him over the watch what is going on. But then again who will take all the women around town shopping? Hope I can get my fox and skunk piece done by then. Bring on the skunks!!

antlerman
Platinum Member

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2012, 02:56:49 PM »

August it is.  17-19
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 02:36:49 PM by antlerman » Logged
Brian Reinertson
Gold Member

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2012, 05:09:29 PM »

I'm there!  Deposit is on the way.  Please put me down for the Yox whitetail seminar
Bill Yox
Forum Moderator

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2012, 06:20:13 PM »

Theres a daring soul, lol. I just said yes to Tim yesterday, Im not sure even what we are gonna do yet! No worries though, we will put together a very good seminar, just like we always do, and the whole event is a blast. Youll love it. Welcome aboard.
Mike R.
Gold Member

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2012, 07:44:44 PM »

What time would the classes start on friday morning?
Is the deer course hands on?

Thanks
Brian Reinertson
Gold Member

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2012, 08:38:14 PM »

Can't wait.  Just booked my room at the Powhaten motel and restaurant.  Best breakfast in the Midwest!  I'm ready to take my work to the next level
antlerman
Platinum Member

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2012, 10:25:26 PM »

What time would the classes start on friday morning?
Is the deer course hands on?

Thanks

All classes will start at 9am on Friday morning.   The Whitetail class will be hands on.  You will bring your prepped cape, eyes, liners and manikin of your choice and mount your own head with Bill.  Bring a stand and all the tools you normally use.

« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 02:43:42 PM by antlerman » Logged
antlerman
Platinum Member

« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2012, 02:42:35 PM »

Date Change.  A scheduling conflict arose, so the convention has been moved up one week to Aug. 17-19. I hope that still works for everyone.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  General Discussions  |  The Taxidermy Industry  |  Topic: Midwest Regional Convention AUG 17-19, 2012 « previous next »