Well I'll be, doing one of my own...
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2014, 06:46:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1572929 Posts in 184610 Topics by 42016 Members
Latest Member: antler fool
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Deer and Gameheads  |  Topic: Well I'll be, doing one of my own... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Well I'll be, doing one of my own...  (Read 2879 times)
J Kelly
Bronze Member

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2012, 07:41:05 AM »

Just have to ask. I use a good amount of those Coombs wall ped mounts and is it me or is the nostril size just ridiculous?? I use mostly the bigger sizes like the 23 and 25" necks and I have never had a cape fit the nose or nostril. I've been using replacement noses for them and it works out fine. The position is really nice!
Nana

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2012, 08:48:08 AM »

We have also decided to work some of our mounts and remounts into the rotation this year, instead of putting them off.  We had some customers ask us to hold off until May to get theirs ready, so it will give us some time to work on ours for a change.  It seems they get pushed off from year to year.  We have 10 in the house that are 15 or more years old and need to be redone.  They are embarassingly bad!  :)  And we have two nice ones from this year.
Dennis Bragg
Platinum Member

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2012, 10:06:56 AM »

Hey Dennis, I see a McKenzie hanger on the Oryx, have you had any problem with them taking the weight of stuff bigger than Deer?

Thanks
Cam
Down Under
Australia

Cam, that Symitar is about as large as I will use the McKenzie hangers on but I have had no issues with them at all using 3  1" screws. Pretty solid...

Just have to ask. I use a good amount of those Coombs wall ped mounts and is it me or is the nostril size just ridiculous?? I use mostly the bigger sizes like the 23 and 25" necks and I have never had a cape fit the nose or nostril. I've been using replacement noses for them and it works out fine. The position is really nice!

I agree with you on that. Flare is big, I just fix with a little clay to bring the top down, close it up some. I haven't had a fit issue, just don't like it that open.
Dennis Bragg
Platinum Member

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2012, 09:27:39 AM »

After a little delay, got him mounted up. Nice to do one for me.

eliscull
Bronze Member

Nov. 2011

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2012, 10:36:20 AM »

looks great!! Can i see what you did for the back?
shammy
Platinum Member

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2012, 12:20:42 PM »

Real nice Dennis. I like coombs forms. but never tried that one.
MITCHELL4
Bronze Member

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2012, 01:06:29 PM »

very nice Dennis
silverman
Platinum Member

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2012, 03:07:57 PM »

Beautiful Dennis !!!!
Dennis Bragg
Platinum Member

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2012, 03:31:03 PM »

looks great!! Can i see what you did for the back?

Still work to do to it but this is the start.

Andrew L.
Gold Member

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2012, 05:20:26 PM »

Nice job as usual Dennis.
Rackmastr
Silver Member

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2012, 06:43:31 PM »

Thats a sweet looking form for sure, and great lookin mount!!!

I think I may need to do a whitetail or a mulie on one of those Joe Coombs pedestals....
Brian
Platinum Member

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2012, 08:40:09 PM »

you sir are one bad ass dude ! your deer are always a pleasure to look at!

BATaxidermy
Bronze Member

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2012, 09:12:27 PM »

Nice Denis...as always. You get the coolest capes! Down the road-

There is still hope as long as an arrow is in the air just shoot first and ask questions later. 2012 #80 Mathews Monster...really laying the smack down.
swampfox
Platinum Member

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2012, 02:00:12 PM »

Be sure to post a pic when you get it finished up Dennis.  I have a 9500 ordered for one of mine, should be here in a couple of days.  Is that the MP rock mix, or a variation.  I plan on finishing the back of mine with it, and making tracks into it.

" Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass....... it's about learning to dance in the rain. "
Dennis Bragg
Platinum Member

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2012, 03:03:38 PM »

Be sure to post a pic when you get it finished up Dennis.  I have a 9500 ordered for one of mine, should be here in a couple of days.  Is that the MP rock mix, or a variation.  I plan on finishing the back of mine with it, and making tracks into it.

It's actually some McKenzie rock mix. I bought a good amount a couple years back and this was the last of it I used. Does the trick, but you can get the same material yourself. Is what I will be doing from here on. Have some good drying weather finally, been humid but today it is 28%. Have him out in the driveway in the shade of a big live oak. Whole dang neighborhood has stopped by today...lol. Good advertisement   8)
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Deer and Gameheads  |  Topic: Well I'll be, doing one of my own... « previous next »