Dakota Wildlife Taxidermy School
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 31, 2014, 01:56:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1619678 Posts in 191520 Topics by 43286 Members
Latest Member: xtrlooney
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear! Please Click Here for full details and to enter.
You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate. Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Training  |  Topic: Dakota Wildlife Taxidermy School « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dakota Wildlife Taxidermy School  (Read 1818 times)
JML

« on: March 04, 2012, 05:27:54 AM »

Hey everybody,
wondered if anyone had any opinions or experience with this place. Their site looks great! For the price it seems too good to be true.
thanks!
booginks

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 09:47:48 AM »

Yes I have heard of DWTS  they are located in winner, SD about an hour south of me.  Have never met this person or met anyone who attended this school.  I have seen his $$ for his school and seems a little cheap to me but what do I know I didn't go to school for taxidermy I'm self taught just bought some videos on the internet and here I am 9 yrs later and have a professional studio that I only do part time.  But it keeps me very busy here in South Dakota.  I would make sure if someones wanting to attend this school that  they call them and get some phone numbers from past students and ask them about the school before attending. 

jbhunter86
Bronze Member

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 07:17:20 PM »

I was looking into going to this school last winter. I emailed them and called and left messages and didn't hear back until a month later. I asked some questions then called back to see about sending a deposit and same old story. After I left 3 voice mails with my name and number, and 2 more emails they finally got back to me. 2 months later. So I took my money and went somewhere else. I had to pay a little more for my school but it was worth it.
squid
Silver Member

hunt hard or go home

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 10:37:14 AM »

i dont like to bad mouth a business or run them down, but i just hate to see someone get ripped off. i met a guy that went there and going by what he said there was a lot of hidden costs and the guy that teaches the class was not helpfull at all, he kept leaving the shop to go do his own thing and show back up a few hours later, then he would leave early on fridays or for that matter any day.  he said it was a below par class

Republican Vote=2nd Amendmant Rights, and freedoms
Demicratic vote=loss of guns and our right, thus equalling a dim out look for taxidermists.
clayelk1

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 09:25:45 PM »

woah woah!! i just got back from DWTS. i did the full 8week class. It was AWESOME worth every penny. Jack the instructor is great, super knowledgeable and always in class! if you have any questions about the school or my experience there please pm me. dont let these other users on here make your decision not to go.
Bach Taxidermy

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 09:52:58 PM »

I just got done taking the eight week course and I have never learned so much in my life. If anyone is interested in this school its awesome and you won't regret it.
B.Reiter

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 10:00:49 PM »

I'm from Canada.....I've been shopping around for a couple years now looking for a reasonably priced school and Jack's was by far the best I found.  I just got home from his 2 month course and it was worth every penny.  He takes pride in his work and the amount of 1 on 1 time is awesome.  His small class sizes are awesome and he's always more than helpful with any questions.  There was two of us in his last class and he allowed us to do extra mounts at little to no extra cost to me or the other kid.
So....if yall wanna sit in a classroom and be lectured how to do taxidermy with 20 other people then be my guest, but if yall want real 100% hands on with your own specimens that you can keep when your done the class then Jack's school is the place to be.

Message me if you want pics of my work from his school, I'd be more than happy to share them.

Big Bear Taxidermy
Pages: [1] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Training  |  Topic: Dakota Wildlife Taxidermy School « previous next »