Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 25, 2014, 09:42:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1596455 Posts in 188177 Topics by 42641 Members
Latest Member: CAustin321
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Deer and Gameheads  |  Topic: Need Opinions on Boar Reference Photos « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Need Opinions on Boar Reference Photos  (Read 561 times)
Bryan B.

« on: March 11, 2012, 05:37:20 PM »

If you could only buy one or two sets of boar reference photos which one(s) would you get?

I have the Andy Nimmons set from WASCO and IMO it's o.k. but not great.

I would like a lot of close up photos of ear butts, eyes, nose, and mouth.  I'm thinking about getting one or more of the following sets of boar photos from Joe Coombs, Noonkester (McKenzie), or Ronnie Gaillard (McKenzie).  I would like to get them all, but it's not in the budget right now.

If anyone has seen these reference photos first hand please let me know what you thought of them.  Are they good, bad, o.k.?  Are you glad you bought them or disappointed?  Any other comments are also welcome.

Thank you.
boarhunter67
Platinum Member

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 08:33:04 PM »

I have a set I purchased from John Bellucci that are pretty good.  He is a member on here who sells reference albums and is an awesome taxidermist.
Paul B
Platinum Member

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 06:24:09 PM »

I have the Ronnie Gaillard photo pack, OK on the eyes and ears, some nose, only one open mouth view from side. Check out the member on here that sells reference DVDs, he runs specials once in a while, can't think of his name as I'm typing,  he's from Alaska, great photos, I have 8 of his Cd's.
Phil Wilson aka Seaduck  www. alaskanorthtaxidermy.com,   just remembered.
Travis de Villiers
Silver Member

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 05:44:24 PM »

John.
Pages: [1] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Deer and Gameheads  |  Topic: Need Opinions on Boar Reference Photos « previous next »