Checkmite Strips
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2014, 02:47:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1617868 Posts in 191214 Topics by 43221 Members
Latest Member: JHamm
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Skulls and Skeletons  |  Topic: Checkmite Strips « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Checkmite Strips  (Read 726 times)
mpoe

« on: March 18, 2012, 06:31:57 PM »

I put some bugs in separate container then I layed the checkmite strip in the tank and the bugs seem to be doing the tuna fish for a day or so before dying. Am I using the strip wrong? Can anybody tell me the correct way?
Sea Wolf
Platinum Member

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 07:43:52 PM »

Did you lay the strip on the bugs or on the layer of frass in the tank? You don't separate the bugs from the tank. The mites are not only on your beetles but all through the frass too. You have to treat the whole environment. I have set a strip on the frass with no ill effect.

mpoe

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 06:11:47 AM »

I just layed it on a papper towel in a separate tank as a test run to see what would happen and they are dying. After reading some of the other post about mites I figured I better be ready. I don't have mites yet that I can see! I Thank you for the reply
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 06:27:26 AM by mpoe » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Skulls and Skeletons  |  Topic: Checkmite Strips « previous next »