Some questions from a complete noob
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 22, 2014, 10:39:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1632593 Posts in 193751 Topics by 43745 Members
Latest Member: mirageroland
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Beginners  |  Topic: Some questions from a complete noob « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Some questions from a complete noob  (Read 3658 times)
thylacinelover
Bronze Member

« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2012, 06:34:19 PM »

Thank you. I am also sorry about your losses. I wouldn't consider it an insult at all. I haven't forgot about him. In fact, I wear his necklace everywhere I go and got a rosary made with the flowers at his funeral. I still remember him, I still love him and always will. but there is one thing I do know, if he were still alive today, I know he wouldn't want me to not live my life because I'm too busy mourning his death. He would want me to get over it. And even saying that, I wouldn't say I've gotten over it, I still think about him all the time, it's just not stopping me from doing anything. And no offense, but maybe you thinking that is the reason you see a professional and take depression pills. Death is a part of life and you have to learn to live with it. Many people die every day and those people are related to others. If everyone just mourned their families deaths every day, the world would be a VERY sad place. And because you aren't talking to it........

It's dead, it's not going I respond and it doesn't know what you are saying.

And no I have not.
Your welcome. Thank you.  That's true. She wouldn't want me to be sad. That's beautiful about the necklace. I don't have anything like that,but I did have my sister make me a photomanipulation of my dead relatives in heaven. We just used some nature scenery as heaven.  I did have some flowers from the funerals but they all died sortly after even though I water them and gave them sun light. I know it is the reason I have to go to therapy and take meds.  The bad depression didn't start until after I lost my first loved one.  I don't expect it to respond to me. That WOULD be crazy and I'd probaby pass out if I thought it did and sell it as fast I could from being freaked out. Lol. XD

And here's the thing about the foxes. It's really interesting(to me anyway):
http://www.hum.utah.edu/~bbenham/2510%20Spring%2009/Behavior%20Genetics/Farm-Fox%20Experiment.pdf

thylacinelover
Bronze Member

« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2012, 06:41:35 PM »

And aren't you wanting to be a zoo keeper? I may be wrong, but don't zoo keepers have to deal with dead and injured/bleeding animals every year? I think you need to find a job behind a desk personally
Yes. I think. I'm not sure what I want to do with my life yet.  I don't know about every year, but yes ocassionally they have to deal with injured,bleeding, dead, or dying animals. However, the animals don't usually have their insides or huge amounts of blood coming out of them and vets are usually the ones that do the surgery or euthanizing,not the zoo keepers themselves. I am not opposed to small amounts of blood from a cut or scrape the animals get. For me, unless it is a really close animal like one of my dogs was to me, I don't feel as strongly about the death of an animal as I do of the death of a human who is close to me. Typically, zoo keepers are only allowed limited contact with the animals to keep the animals as "wild" and "natural" as possible so the keepers don't really have much time to get attached to them like they would a pet.

TX Pat

« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2012, 09:48:33 PM »

If your really serious about this , and not just pulling these guys chains, then call 1-800-279-7985,and order BP3000, Its the 7 booklets sold by WASCO, cost $ 19.95. Read each booklet, and decide if Taxidermy is for you. it will answer most of your basic questions about taxidermy and what kind of commitment it takes to be successful. These will also help you decide what type of critter you want to try your hand at. Yes there are a lot more detailed and advanced instruction material out there, but for somebody that is as green as you sound, this is the best bang for your buck.
thylacinelover
Bronze Member

« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2012, 11:40:58 PM »

If your really serious about this , and not just pulling these guys chains, then call 1-800-279-7985,and order BP3000, Its the 7 booklets sold by WASCO, cost $ 19.95. Read each booklet, and decide if Taxidermy is for you. it will answer most of your basic questions about taxidermy and what kind of commitment it takes to be successful. These will also help you decide what type of critter you want to try your hand at. Yes there are a lot more detailed and advanced instruction material out there, but for somebody that is as green as you sound, this is the best bang for your buck.
Thank you. I'll look into it.

Greg Livbucks
Platinum Member

« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2012, 12:12:34 AM »

Every creature was born to die. People live a tortured life that feel they should be held responsible for the design. We are the game, we didn't invent it.
George Roof
Platinum Member

The older I get, the better I was.

« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2012, 08:24:37 AM »

Greg, I think that's the most intelligent and thought provoking thing I've ever heard you say. Thanx.

If the truth offends you, then by all means, avoid it.
WillinghamsTaxidermy
Platinum Member

« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2012, 08:51:09 AM »

You know, when I first came on this site I asked incredibly dumb questions.  I didn't think they were dumb at the time, and I even posted pictures of my (horrid!) first mounts and thought they were beautiful. But those posts are sooo embarassing now that I look back at them, and they were reacted to very much like this one is. But I came to realize, like someone already said on here, it is much better to read more and type less!

So I began studying more of the tutorials on here, only asking questions when I really couldn't figure something out or needed a 2nd opinion on a mount or an idea for a mount,  and I feel I earned more respect as a taxidermist that way.

I still have a long way to go, but from teaching myself on here and apprenticing with a local taxidermist, I have now been able to win awards at state taxidermy competitions, and am heading to Rogers, Arkansas for the Nationals this year. I've come a long way since my Newbie days, and I am only in my 20's, too.

Taxidermist - Furrier - Trapper
www.WillinghamsTaxidermy.com
popeandyoung
Bronze Member

« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2012, 09:23:56 AM »

I can't believe I spent 10 minutes reading this post. I will never get those back.
hmw

« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2012, 12:58:00 AM »

I can't believe I spent 10 minutes reading this post. I will never get those back.

x2

That's a whole lot of crazy there!!!!!
Reckon46

« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2012, 04:03:18 PM »

X3!

My brain is in pain!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Beginners  |  Topic: Some questions from a complete noob « previous next »