Sale of McKenzie
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2014, 11:26:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1617229 Posts in 191141 Topics by 43207 Members
Latest Member: Back road taxidermy
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  General Discussions  |  The Taxidermy Industry  |  Topic: Sale of McKenzie « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Sale of McKenzie  (Read 5335 times)
ChrisNeff_FCO
Gold Member

« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2012, 12:41:21 AM »

I'm sure I will be hated more after this, but I hope the prices double at McKenzie!   $$$$$$      ;D

Ha-ha!!!  Holy crap, could you imagine what some folks would do if they HAD to charge $400 for a deer!! LMAO!!

But they wouldn't do that.   They would stuff it with yard clippings to avoid charging more.   You would see a lot of deer that look like Frosty the Snowman...   Button nose and two eyes made out of coal!!!

Christopher Neff
Full Circle Outdoors
Westover, Pennsylvania
www.facebook.com/FullCircleOutdoors
marshy creek
Bronze Member

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2012, 01:54:20 AM »

RC......you are so correct!!!!!.....however, in this f'd up situation, money talks......more than anytime before.....the purchaser of Mackenzie will take this public....bottom line, Mackenzie has cornered the market.....driven revenue with high margins, and is more than profitable.....no hedge fund underwriter would take control and purchase a business that was not only profitable, but a sure bet to the newbies  with other jobs, trying to make ends meet.....raise your prices before the crap hits the fan.........those that follow the market, will soon see a new ticker symple relateted to Mackenzie Sports Products......you can bet, Mackenzie had millions in sales, and caught the eye of the buyer.........this company will at some point be traded on the open market......I can't wait!....for the last 5 years, my WT Deer have been 795.00.....pay the price, or go somewhere else....some in my area have gone to 2008 prices......why?.......everything has increased......it's about time we were recognised for the value at what we do with products that make our job possible, and recognize that we all are what we what we want to be........a winner or alooser.....my option is all subjective, and might not fit with the mentality of many..........but I can tell you, if there was a time to covet the change, it is  now.........those that are in follow this story will make a large return when this goes public
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 02:05:17 AM by marshy creek » Logged
Platinum Member

Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2012, 08:53:10 AM »

I just watch these posts.....
in AWE.... ;D

Marshy...They are public just not in your terms...
Just buy into LLCP they are a 1.1 billion $ firm.
Want their number?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 09:13:07 AM by * » Logged

Liberalism IS a MENTAL ILLNESS !
Old Fart
Platinum Member

« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2012, 09:40:42 AM »

I think I'll buy stock in LLCP.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
marshy creek
Bronze Member

« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2012, 11:21:41 AM »

with all due respect Dennis.....it is obvious you have no clue as to the terminology in the trading market....going public means that a company in underwritten by an investment firm or bank and is given a ticker symbol and becomes a publicly traded entity, stock....the IPO comes first, and the offering price is set by the underwriter based on their evaluation of the said company....I am more than well aware of  who LLCP is....that is common knowledge to anyone who trades stocks.....LLCP is not publicly traded, but some of their adventure capital companies are...there is no doubt, that LLCP can see the viable and continuing growth of McKenzie...period...it is a niece market, and they will capitalise on their investment....Tom has driven his own bus, and made viable investments in many small and large suppliers....LLCP has seen this, and has now taken the first step in capturing the profits from this buyout
marshy creek
Bronze Member

« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2012, 01:01:13 PM »

seriously Dennis....if you just watch these posts, why would you even comment?....if I wanted LLCP's number, I would google it just like you did...it is not a 1.1 billion dollar investment firm, but a 5.0 billion dollar adventure capitalist firm trading in stocks and bonds....they are a black box market maker parallel to NITE, UBSS and NSDQ....I am in AWE, that you would even make comment on something you obviously know nothing about....you can not "buy into" LLCP period...you can however invest in their portfolio....if and when they take McKenzie public like  the underwriters of Cabela's CAB, and Dick's Sporting Goods DKS, I will be in line to buy shares
SivkoFur
Platinum Member

« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2012, 03:32:35 PM »

seriously Dennis....if you just watch these posts, why would you even comment?....if I wanted LLCP's number, I would google it just like you did...it is not a 1.1 billion dollar investment firm, but a 5.0 billion dollar adventure capitalist firm trading in stocks and bonds...

[quote author=marshy creek link=topic=303310.msg2083402#msg2083402 date=1333552901...I am more than well aware of  who LLCP is....that is common knowledge to anyone who trades stocks.....LLCP is not publicly traded, but some of their adventure capital companies are...
[/quote]

just to clarify since you made the same mistake twice....  it is NOT an ADVENTURE CAPITAL.....  the correct term is VENTURE CAPITAL

SIVKO FUR INC  TANNERY FOR TAXIDERMIST
3089 CR 119 CANISTEO NY 14823
607 241 6639 or 607 698 4827
EMAIL ANNATSIVKO@YAHOO.COM

WANT MORE INFO VISITOUR WEB SITE  WWW.SIVKOFUR.COM
OR CALL US IF YOU WANT ASK FOR ANN OR BOB
psycho
Platinum Member

2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2012, 03:53:44 PM »

;D  venture leads to adventure!   ;D

I think a $25,000 investment would be a good start for anyone wanting to get involved when the time is right. I anxiously await that time.

michael p.
Platinum Member

Getting better with age :)

« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2012, 03:56:44 PM »

seriously Dennis....if you just watch these posts, why would you even comment?....if I wanted LLCP's number, I would google it just like you did...it is not a 1.1 billion dollar investment firm, but a 5.0 billion dollar adventure capitalist firm trading in stocks and bonds...

LMAO!  Sees wuts happins wenz us taxidermists trys tu b smarts

[quote author=marshy creek link=topic=303310.msg2083402#msg2083402 date=1333552901...I am more than well aware of  who LLCP is....that is common knowledge to anyone who trades stocks.....LLCP is not publicly traded, but some of their adventure capital companies are...

just to clarify since you made the same mistake twice....  it is NOT an ADVENTURE CAPITAL.....  the correct term is VENTURE CAPITAL

[/quote]

Spent my whole life lookin' back
 Not lookin' ahead to see
 Trying to keep my feet on track
 Doin' what was expected of me
 Kick my shoes off so they can't trace me
 Leave no forwarding address
 Before they all drive me crazy
 And I leave 'em all in a bloody mess
C.C.
montana art
Silver Member

« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2012, 04:17:05 PM »

So what if they double their prices. Our industry is a luxury item no body needs it in the first place,you think the guy that spent 6000.00  or more on a hunt is not going to mount his trophy if you go up 50.00 buck?.Frankly it's time for me to go up I've been charging 425.00 for a w/t mount for past four years.
Old Fart
Platinum Member

« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2012, 06:54:51 PM »

If they double the price on head forms, some of the folks here will actually have to raise the price of a deer head by $5!

Ecclesiastes 10:2
animal nut
Bronze Member

« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2012, 11:18:22 AM »

I think these discussions are very interesting, and I am all for any company or business doing well and making a greater profit.  But there is one thing that I am a little comfused about and any input would be great.  This is my question, in business less overhead means greater profit. So are some of you saying that you would not use a smaller supplier because of the convenience McKenzie offers?  We use McKenzie quite a bit and I am not knocking them, , but we also use others that have a comparable product that is at a better price. Like I said I am all for business doing well, but at the same time I want to do well also.  So if I can make my dollar go futher, and have a greater profit, I am all for it.  Imagine giving yourself a raise and it is not because cost of materials have gone up. I realize everything is more expensive than it was just a few years ago, and that is what makes me shop around more.  As long as it comparable in quality, and it saves me money, I am all for it. Look forward to your responses.
James Parrish
Platinum Member

Tundra Swan...Its What's For Dinner!

« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2012, 11:47:50 AM »

I shop at both McKenzie and smaller suppliers.  If you compare prices, McKenzie is not outrageously more expensive than smaller suppliers.  In fact, they are the same price (or sometimes cheaper) on many identical items.  If you shop around and buy every item you purchase at the cheapest price you can find, are you really saving money?  The time it takes to look through several different catalogs and the expense of paying shipping from several different suppliers makes the higher McKenzie prices competitive. 

As far as service goes, McKenzie is the ABSOLUTE BEST in our industry.  I have ordered tens of thousands of dollars worth of product from them and cannot remember when they were back ordered on anything.  When I used to buy from WASCO, half my order would be out of stock everytime.  When there have been problems with an item, McKenzie has always exceeded my expectations in getting the situation remedied.  Once I had a turkey panel damaged by UPS.  I called McKenzie and the driver dropped off a new one the next day and picked up the damaged one.  I ordered a wall habitat piece that had black splotches all over the rock.  I called and asked if they would give me a small credit towards my next order to compensate for the time it took to repaint the rock so I could use it.  The McKenzie gal said to keep that one and she shipped me a new one.  That was WAY above and beyond.  I could go on and on with stories about how helpful the McKenzie crew has been and what a blessing they have been to my business.  The products and great service they provide has allowed me to make a lot of money since I got started 11 years ago. 

The smaller suppliers are great, too.  I hope all of them will be able to expand their product lines to become a one stop shop like McKenzie has become.  I have been buying a lot from HQ recently because I can pick the order up on my way home from work and not pay shipping.  As they keep adding products, I will probably give them more of my business. 

"Open a can of bondo breathe deep and remember why you got into this business in the first place."   TnT

http://www.newlifetaxidermy.com/blog  Visit my blog for taxidermy tips and tutorials.
antlerman
Platinum Member

« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2012, 12:04:34 PM »

You are right, and I think thats what we all try to do. Just for me personally, because I live in a SPEE DEE delivery zone, shipping cost alone puts all others behind by 15-20 %. Then add in the discount from McKenzie and I'm at a 30% margin over shopping anywhere else and that is profit dollars without changing my prices one cent. McKenzie made that possible by opening up the DC in Beloit and by allowing us to use SPEE DEE as our shipper of choice. Then factor in the idea of one stop shopping and it becomes hard for other suppliers to compete for my business even though I love their products just as equally well. I love all the supply companies. It is they who make our lives easier.  I think the smaller companies may have to look towards small Distribution outlets around the country to keep pace with what McKenzie has brought to the table just in shipping costs alone. Distance costs money. How much do you think a package containing 1 mannikin cost to ship from one side of the country to the other. That is the one single factor that prohibits buying from many of the supply companies. It simply costs too much to do business with them even though we love them. The playing field is not level. I wish it was, but it is not.
animal nut
Bronze Member

« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2012, 02:36:28 PM »

I definitely agree that their ability to ship to you based on the fact they have numerous distribution centers is an advantage, and certainly there is not going to be a huge difference in the cost of a deer manikin, I guess I am looking at the L.S. manikin part of it where there seems to be a large difference in cost, but as a example if I can buy a whitetail manikin 12 dollars cheaper and I like their product as well, and say I have 50 to order plus I can still get a discount, I will wait a little longer to get it if it puts that much more money in my pocket.  But like you say, the cost of shipping is certainly something to concider.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  General Discussions  |  The Taxidermy Industry  |  Topic: Sale of McKenzie « previous next »