The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ April 2012 Edition!!!!!!!!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 19, 2014, 04:25:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1631878 Posts in 193621 Topics by 43719 Members
Latest Member: jws outdoors
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Fish Taxidermy  |  Topic: The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ April 2012 Edition!!!!!!!! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 Print
Author Topic: The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ April 2012 Edition!!!!!!!!  (Read 41613 times)
Rick Krane
Platinum Member

Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

« on: April 03, 2012, 12:34:05 AM »

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ April 2012 Edition!!!!!!!!

A Warm Welcome from A return from the Ohio Association of Taxidermist Championships! If you cant get pumped up and inspired by a show like I just had the privilege to be a part of as a judge then I dont know what to say about that! What a great show and a even better group of members that open their hearts and creativity to all who join them! I add this show to a short list of Must sees!

It was a great month and the Season of Shows are well underway! During this month of March I attended another incredible show in Indiana! This show is also a riser and a up and coming Giant among the associations.
I have learned many valuable lessons this past month visiting the two great associations and it reminded me of a lesson I learned a long time ago as a past President myself  the lesson is always your association is only as good as the membership and the Midwest is well represented by top quality Taxidermists and driven members for certain! It was no doubt that members from 2 other Giants in the industrys The Michigan and the Pennsylvania association along with North Carolina members, West Virginia members, and I know many other all came out to support the Midwest shows! How cool is it to be a taxidermist today! Congratulations to all the winner and all those how won by being a member!

What a truly outstanding Month in Fish pictures this past last month as I took some time during the day week to see all the great looking at some truly inspiring works of fish art!

We share in fish pictures to find a common place with friendliness and positive comments of motivation as a great place to start in upward in direction of inspiration in being a fish taxidermist! I wish all the best to folks competing in the up coming year and I do wish all the very best in the pursuits of good fish work!

I do hope you have the opportunity to be thankful for your gifts of great passion and talent as an artist! It is a blessing to me for our lives to be joined from time to time to share and learn from one another so thank you for your great taxidermy work and my your lives continue to be blessed with inspiration!!!!

I want to personally say thank you for letting me join you again each installment of Fish Pictures to share in your successes and accomplishments! I have seen first hand the great strides so many have made with beautiful fish work! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work!!!!

I want to also thank all of the great contributors who not only share their personal great talents and work but also rather give such positive inspiration to all of us!

From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every month in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another. No egos just friendly folks who appreciate the efforts of others!

I want to start the month of April off with a Gentleman from Uxbridge, Ontario Canada Mr. Clint Kimbell! Clint is a accomplished Taxidermist in several discipline of taxidermy and has come out for the second time to join us! Clint wanted to hone his skill with a little bit of reproduction work! A wonderful Steelhead reproduction provided by none other then Anglers Artistry family ember and taxidermist extraordinary (Also my personal friend and go to guy for the big help for big projects too) Mr. Terry Weick! With the Steelhead in hand Clint created an incredible chrome phase beauty!

I hope a few moments of encouragement that every one starts somewhere and can accomplish great this with hard work and great passion for the art of fish taxidermy!

So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the Month! See you in May from The Ohio State Taxidermy Championships!!

So here we go and here is to a great April in fish pictures!!!! Enjoy!

You're Friend

Hope to see you soon!

My Best!

Rick Krane

Mr. Clint Kimbells Steelhead! Incredible!

Be safe and have a great month!
Heres to a great Month in Fish Pictures!

Rick Krane
Anglers Artistry
312 CHESTERFIELD ROAD
Hinsdale NH 03451
603-336-7296
rmkinc1@msn.com
www.anglersartistry.com  
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 12:45:26 AM by Rick Krane » Logged

Join us for Anglers Artistry's Big Announcement! Click the Banner for more information:

www.anglersartistry.com/store/
Please like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Rick.Krane.Anglers.Artistry
JE
Platinum Member

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 02:25:43 AM »

Inspiring work, What a great start to the month.
John

JeffC
Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 07:09:28 AM »

"Road-kill Brownie"...A friend of mine found this beautiful, 20" Brownie in the middle of a paved road, on a steep hill, miles away from a creek. He hung fliers at the local sports stores and sportsman's clubs to see if anyone lost it. Meanwhile, he put it in a vacuum sealed bag which left diamond-shaped dents all over the one side and a raised seam down the back and belly. No one claimed it so he gave it to me. It sat in my freezer for 8 years, losing the seal and got freezer burnt. After taking my classes with Rick, I thought it was finally time to try to do something with this fish. I bloated the head and fins, mounted the skin, then took an iron and ironed out the top and bottom vacuum seal seams.

wishbone
Bronze Member

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 07:13:23 AM »

JE
Platinum Member

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 07:29:00 AM »

Nice save JeffC, 8 years , I hope no one claims it now LOL
Another custom mold Koi from me, fins down deliberately  ;)

John C
Platinum Member

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 08:47:52 AM »

My wife's first fish reproduction. 1st place, Best of category, Pro Fish Reproduction, Kansas Assoc of Taxidermist 2012.

Here is a clients brown trout. can be turned around to see the other side.
Timjo
Bronze Member

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 09:53:47 AM »

Excellent work on the chrome phase steelhead !!!!

Get Creative!
Clint Rickey
Silver Member

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 10:03:00 AM »

First time ever posting in the fish forum!
I just got back from the Iowa show and was truly inspired by Brett Wingfields and Tim Perkins fish. Looking at those fish just made me respect you fish guys so much. I really want to make it a point to improve my customer work this year and there is no better way to start than getting on this fish forum and soaking up knowledge from you guys!
Here is a customer bluegill that I just painted yesterday. It is mounted on a scenic plaque from Walnut Hollow. Please feel free to critique :)
Perca
Platinum Member

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012, 11:32:31 AM »

JeffC,
   VERY nice "road kill" brown. It takes a lot of know-how and skill to produce a beautiful skin mount from what you had to work with. You've made a dead fish look alive! Congrats!

Fish often, leave the barbs on, keep some to eat or mount, and apologize to no one.
JeffC
Silver Member

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 11:40:11 AM »

Thanks...Not real good at fish yet, only have a few under my belt since Rick's classes, but getting a little better with each try. I am having a lot of fun, though.

CrabCrazy
Platinum Member

Herman Darr

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2012, 12:52:32 PM »

great looking fish everybody

Mounting Game and fish since 1958...retired since 2010
Trashfish
Silver Member

It's not easy being me!!

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2012, 01:16:28 PM »

Once again, Great work everyone! I love the paint job Clint put on my blank. It seems more often than not, the only way my repos see any color is if someone else is painting them. This just my be a bit of inspiration for myself to either make more varieties or  spend some spare time doing some paint work.

GOOD BADGER                                    BAD BADGER
Jim F.

Let's go Fishin!!!

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2012, 02:23:08 PM »

Another great start to the month. Awesome work from everyone!
Here is my last Chinook from last season.
Fall run, skin mount, custom cast head and tail.

wishbone
Bronze Member

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2012, 02:35:33 PM »

love that bluegill Clint....great work all

lmb

bmb

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2012, 03:16:55 PM »

very nice guys!!

wishbone- is the lmb a skin mount or replica? very good either way!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Fish Taxidermy  |  Topic: The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ April 2012 Edition!!!!!!!! « previous next »