Coyote Ear Transplant
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 31, 2014, 09:25:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1619599 Posts in 191511 Topics by 43283 Members
Latest Member: Jameson
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear! Please Click Here for full details and to enter.
You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate. Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Beginners  |  Topic: Coyote Ear Transplant « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Coyote Ear Transplant  (Read 436 times)
phoenix-cry
Platinum Member

« on: April 04, 2012, 07:26:09 PM »

I wish I had taken a picture of the old ears on this coyote pelt. The ear fur had 100% slipped off both inside and out. These ears are from a different coyote! I bought some coyote faces looking for a color match, I never dreamed they would match this well.  I turned the new ears, put liners in them, mounted the yote, cut off the old ears, place the new ones in and then stitched the new ones to the hide.

Recdec1
Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 09:19:59 PM »

Looks great, can't see where the transition is at all.  My avatar was my first coyote job of any kind.  I ordered ear liners for it and couldn't imagine how they were going to work.  After looking at your pictures, I see why, they were better suited for carding LOL.  Thought my bondo ears turned out ok.  Anyway, nice job from a guy that has only got two coyotes under his belt.

Some Jobs To Small, Many Jobs To Big
Keyda81
Gold Member

I'd rather be weird than normal

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 09:25:36 PM »

I got those same stupid ear liners, and I'm never going to use them.  I landed up using bondo for the first time on my howling coyote.  Got the better ear liners for the one I just did earlier. 

Great job on the replacement!  I'd never known they weren't the original ears!

My deer mobile "Emerald" and my baby "Race"
phoenix-cry
Platinum Member

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 09:44:08 PM »

Yeah, when I first got these ear liners in I was like "Ummm...what?  These don't make any sense."  But I started using them for carding and they work great for it!  :) 

I couldn't believe my luck with the color match. 
Pages: [1] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Beginners  |  Topic: Coyote Ear Transplant « previous next »