Taxidermy software
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 05:11:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1618141 Posts in 191254 Topics by 43230 Members
Latest Member: heatherpatton
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  General Discussions  |  The Taxidermy Industry  |  Topic: Taxidermy software « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Taxidermy software  (Read 893 times)
cflwrs
Bronze Member

« on: April 07, 2012, 08:06:57 PM »

Does anyone use any of the available taxidermy software for your business, and how do you like it? Thanks Cindy
Tenbears
Gold Member

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 08:42:13 AM »

I have used the taxidermy mount system (TMS) from Willamette  for nearly 10 years,  Their update/upgrade policy is reasonable. Although you will be looking at a considerable time investment in inputting all the specific species, poses, and actions. once done it is an easily maintainable problem free program. Willamette will work with you well and provide great support should you have any problems.  Each Month when it is time for me to pat my state sales tax, it is just a click of the mouse and I have the necessary information. Outstanding projects, deposit requests, outstanding balances, invoice and billing is all easy access. work Orders containing materials and a host of other info can be printed for each project.  I have found this program a real time saver, as well as a valuable tool in tracking the financial status of the business.   Its drawbacks are that some of the features that seem as though they should be self reconciling require the opporator do preform the task. especially in the materials tracking section.
dwimberly

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 10:08:57 AM »

Can anyone tell me about Taxishop? How reliable is it? Everything seems great on paper and talking with Tom McNeal but it just sounds too good to be true. Any thoughts or feedback on past experiences?

Thanks,
Wimberly
Bob Mead
Silver Member

Mead Taxidermy Studio, LLC

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 11:53:28 AM »

We are using the Taxishop program and I am very happy with it.  It allows me to run reports, check progress, print contracts, receipts, letters, etc.  It makes keeping stuff organized a lot easier, for sure.  Well worth the initial investment!
tim martin
Bronze Member

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 01:33:33 PM »

We have been using Taxishop for about 8 years now and love it. Keeps everything organized, can print reports, keeps track of sales tax, record measurements, etc. Not hard to learn how to use and worth the money. You can customize the contract or "terms of work" to however you want to cover yourself in terms of say how you want deposits and payments or if your client doesn't pick up their mount.  I would recommend it - has helped organize my business.

Eric E.
Gold Member

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 09:25:44 AM »

Been using the taxishop program for over 7 years and it has been great.

Eric E.
Bruce Leichtman
Bronze Member

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 09:28:43 AM »

I have used Taxi Shop for 16 years...Tom Mcneal has done it right!  He is also there for your support issues if needed!
Pages: [1] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  General Discussions  |  The Taxidermy Industry  |  Topic: Taxidermy software « previous next »