Dumb people and questions they ask
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2014, 09:45:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1573294 Posts in 184681 Topics by 42031 Members
Latest Member: Waters Edge
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  General Discussions  |  The Taxidermy Industry  |  Topic: Dumb people and questions they ask « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dumb people and questions they ask  (Read 997 times)
double shovel
Gold Member

SilverWillowTaxidermy

« on: April 15, 2012, 12:40:35 AM »

So every year at our local gun show I put a display booth up for advertising. It is a small community but this seems to be the event of the year for all the neighboring communities and surprisingly enough ,it brings in quite a bit of business. So for a change up this year, I thought I would do a little educating and also do some work at the same time. So I prepped a form ahead of time and the hide to and decided I would spend the day mounting a lynx. So I anticipated some of the questions ahead of time and decided for some of the animals that our locals don`t get to see, I would put a sign beside them with what they are,where they came from and who shot it. Well it wasn`t long into the show and a guy comes up and asks, What is that. So I tell him . The he asks where it came from and if I shot it,the guy knows me and the name on it that says its not me. Here are some more questions I got asked,

Do you do taxidermy

Is that the bone......as she points to the yellowish colored foam that would be the leg on the form of the lynx

Did you do all this work........As they point at all the animals behind me with my business name displayed.

Is that a bobcat.....which got asked a lot and I wasnt expecting people to know that but when I had a guy question if it actually was a lynx because he was certain it was a bobcat.

So you have to sew the whole thing

We live in the bald assed prairie and the amount of people that seen lynx here was astonishing. I lived here my whole life and never seen as much as a track,they dont live here

Just thought I would share what I heard today. I was going to put a head in a rug shell tomorrow on a bear but I have put a halt to that project just cause I am mentally burnt out from  the whiplash inside my head to these questions

I wish I could plant tundra in my yard
Outwoods Taxidermy
Platinum Member

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 02:30:23 AM »

Are those the real eye's
Doe's it smell
Do you have to take its guts out
Will it rot

I get these asked often

What Happened to common sense.
George Roof
Platinum Member

The older I get, the better I was.

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 07:47:28 AM »

I usually mount a deer in the DNR venue at the state fair each year. Last year I was stitching up the shot "Y" and a lovely young lady-maybe in her 30's came by. There no barrier and she came a bit distractingly close to see what I was doing.  She watched until I tied off the thread. She turned to face me and she said,"You'd make a good doctor. That looks just like my epiesiotomy."  She smiled and walked away. Talk about TMI ...

If the truth offends you, then by all means, avoid it.
Keyda81
Gold Member

I'd rather be weird than normal

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 08:48:53 AM »

I got asked are those the real eyes by a friend of mine, lol.  I just told her the only thing that was real is the skin. 

Start being like Bill Engvall, here's your sign! 

My deer mobile "Emerald" and my baby "Race"
buckfever/louisiana
Platinum Member

Glenn G.

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 09:50:11 AM »

I am with you on (Did you do all this work ? , or Did you mount all this ?
People will be standing in my lobby looking at the mounts and ask that. As many times as I've heard it. It still makes my eyes roll toward the heavens. ::)
I want to say so bad  NO! i am advertising for the taxidermist down the street from me , he's good isn't he. But the problem with that smarts a$$ reply the dumb a$$ would believe it.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
John C
Platinum Member

Hell's coming and I am coming with it.

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 10:53:45 AM »

Did you do all this work........As they point at all the animals behind me with my business name displayed.

Yea dont you just want to smart off with this one!!!

Skilled labor is not cheap. Cheap labor is not skilled.
cyclone
Platinum Member

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 11:55:16 AM »

I usually mount a deer in the DNR venue at the state fair each year. Last year I was stitching up the shot "Y" and a lovely young lady-maybe in her 30's came by. There no barrier and she came a bit distractingly close to see what I was doing.  She watched until I tied off the thread. She turned to face me and she said,"You'd make a good doctor. That looks just like my epiesiotomy."  She smiled and walked away. Talk about TMI ...

You should have asked to see it.

Baking soda is sodium bicarbonate. They are one and the same...

Re-hydrate! It is an important step.

Spell chek.....not jest enother perty button.
big dan
Bronze Member

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 12:19:03 PM »

"do I get my own antlers back" thats my favorite. No we just throw them in a pile and draw a number.
Lone Wolf AK
Silver Member

Lone Wolf Taxidermy and Wildlife Artistry

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 01:32:29 PM »

George, that's PRICELESS!  I hope that short vingette makes it into your memoirs  ;D.
Allie
Bronze Member

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 01:36:37 PM »

I have a good friend who says, "There are 2 things about people you can always count on:
They're everywhere.
And they're stupid."
As hard as I've tried to prove him wrong, I've remained unsuccessful.
Pages: [1] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  General Discussions  |  The Taxidermy Industry  |  Topic: Dumb people and questions they ask « previous next »