What's the Best Way to Select Eye Size When All You Have is the Pelt?
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2014, 07:34:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1573447 Posts in 184705 Topics by 42032 Members
Latest Member: ierlan66
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Beginners  |  Topic: What's the Best Way to Select Eye Size When All You Have is the Pelt? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What's the Best Way to Select Eye Size When All You Have is the Pelt?  (Read 427 times)
RedWolf7
Gold Member

« on: April 19, 2012, 03:12:36 PM »

If you don't have the animal's actual eyeball to measure,  what's the best way to determine the right sized eye to buy?  I'm going to be working on coyotes and arctic and silver foxes.  I also have a couple of interspecies fox hybrids (Alopex x Vulpes) that weighed 45 lb and stood as tall as a Border collie.
3bears
Platinum Member

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 03:57:51 PM »

When you order the form look in the catalog and use the recommended size it will be close if not right on.
timberlandtaxidermy
Platinum Member

Taxidermy Instructor NTA Certified Judge

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 09:35:07 PM »

Yep!

Learn Taxidermy Here! Offering Gamehead, Life-size and Habitat courses! www.taxidermyworkshops.com

Timberland Taxidermy
608 14th. St. N.
Great Falls, MT 59401
www.timberlandtaxidermy.com
gade04
Gold Member

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 10:07:59 PM »

When you order the form look in the catalog and use the recommended size it will be close if not right on.

I agree with 3bears.  The form should give a size in mms for the correct eye.  Sometimes you may have to trim a little foam around the sockets.  I don't think I've ever measured an actual eyeball.

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth." George Washington
Pages: [1] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Beginners  |  Topic: What's the Best Way to Select Eye Size When All You Have is the Pelt? « previous next »