Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 20, 2014, 04:26:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1602954 Posts in 189065 Topics by 42795 Members
Latest Member: Stud_buck
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Fish Taxidermy  |  Topic: Fish Specimens « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Fish Specimens  (Read 860 times)
ryanstraw
Silver Member

my first brook trout on a fly 13"

« on: April 23, 2012, 06:11:58 PM »

Does anyone know where I can get a couple palominos and rainbows for sale? Thanks in advance.

-Ryan
TimsTax

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 08:38:48 PM »

Do a search for trout hatcheries on google in your area. Give any of them a call there usually reasonable.
Cecil
Platinum Member

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 09:16:49 PM »

Your state fish and game or DNR should have a list of private trout hatcheries. Rainbows are easy to come by if you can find a hatchery. A dime a dozen.

My biggest fear is dying and my wife selling all of my fishing tackle for what I told her I paid for it.
ryanstraw
Silver Member

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 09:39:07 PM »

I checked a few and emailed some but I got told they do not ship fish. There is one somewhere near clear creek state park but I can't find the number to it or even a location.
Cecil
Platinum Member

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 09:44:37 PM »

Yeah most likely you'll have to pick up. Trust me you wouldn't want many of them to ship the fish anyway. I referred someone to a hatchery in Wisconsin once, and the taxidermist got the trout finless. Apparently the fish farmer had no clue that frozen fins are almost as fragile as potato chips and didn't pack them appropriately.

I also know of a hatchery in northern Wisconsin that made the mistake of sending fish to a taxidermist without prepayment. They got stiffed.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 08:34:08 AM by Cecil » Logged

My biggest fear is dying and my wife selling all of my fishing tackle for what I told her I paid for it.
ryanstraw
Silver Member

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 10:06:53 PM »

Yeah that's what they told me and I had a typo in the first reply I meant to say I am waiting on a reply back from Lake Clear Creek Hatchery and there is a hatchery for Clear Creek near where I live that I used to go to when I was younger which I can't find. I'm trying to find it so I can go there but no luck.
Cecil
Platinum Member

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 10:19:12 PM »

Ryan,

Apparently your fish and game and boat commission is one of those that doesn't have a high opinion of private trout farms so they don't list them on the site. At least I couldn't find a listing.

See if you can find it here:

http://www.ustfa.org/industry/Directory/producers.html#m-p

freeze_1
Platinum Member

my buiness manager 1489 Nauvoo Road, Morris, Pa.

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 03:56:05 PM »

Try asking in the wanted section of this site.

Appalachia Taxidermy
1489 Nauvoo Road
Morris, Pa. 16938
Formally: freeze_dry 99
Pages: [1] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Fish Taxidermy  |  Topic: Fish Specimens « previous next »