red fox living in my backyard
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2014, 02:45:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1573589 Posts in 184715 Topics by 42034 Members
Latest Member: jakeford
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Beginners  |  Topic: red fox living in my backyard « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: red fox living in my backyard  (Read 4619 times)
24/7

« on: April 30, 2012, 06:38:34 PM »

I hav a red fox hanging out behind my house for abt a week now. It shows up abt 3 hrs before dark and just lays around abt 100 yards from the house, in the edge of the woods and watches a group of turkeys that wonders thru but realy seems to b at home. I am sure it is getting scraps I toss out at nite and prob some dog food from the barn. Does anyone know when they hav pups. I wonder if its a female with a den close. Realy good reference material watching it thru the binoculars.

Wild woods taxidermy
Low T
Platinum Member

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 06:41:36 PM »

If you had a computer,, and knew how to Google,,,, how hard would it be to search for when Fox have kits?

And no, I do not own a Tshirt that has a wolf or unicorn on it.
There is no such thing as gun control, only people control.
Stop Rot,,use it or lose it.
Rest well our friend, you are missed.
kirk33
Gold Member

lighten up buddy

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 06:53:52 PM »

she should have a litter at this time of year, you probably have a den near by, they are easy to find just go looking around where you are seeing her.

Providing wholesale fleshing/tanning services, as well as fish mounting for the taxidermy industry.
24/7

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 07:00:51 PM »

Tks kirk. Mr T hav I in some way offended,or called u out on a thread in some degative way. I don't think so. I just found this interesting and thot a few others mite also. Sorry to take up valuable thread space on such a retarded subject

Wild woods taxidermy
hooked

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 07:31:28 PM »

24/7 don't let mr T's arrogance get to you. He among some others on this site have big heads. They are king of this forum. And love to trash others. I have been on and off this site for over a year and seen this the whole time. Nothing but a bunch of one uppers. They all think so little about themselves they have to belittle people on a forum where people share there questions and comments about the taxidermy industry. They love to argue online. Ever heard the that "song so much cooler online" by Brad Paisley. It's a good one. Almost 80% of the post on here have them on it belittling, degrading and being just plane ignorant. Let them have there licks they dont know what true happiness is. get out of your head and into the heart. That being said I enjoyed the post 24/7. Only to be so lucky to have a fox in my back yard. You should set a camera up and try to get some good pics.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
ShastaDonegan
Platinum Member

Lets start with ridiculous and move backwards.

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 07:46:53 PM »

Agreed,  I barely post anything for fear of being picked on...I am lucky to have K Kave taking me under his wing and another guy from Wood n water taxidermy in Alabama who will answer any questions I have over the phone ASAP. 

Love this post,  I myself would be way too tempted to snatch a pup and keep it for myself tho ;)   
...I'm sure lots of us would love to see any pics you take as well.

Let's face it,  it never got weird enough for me.

Follow what makes you naturally curious; it will lead you to your passions and purpose.

"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we have been taught"
BHicks

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 08:40:36 PM »

If your fox is a female she would have some pups in a den now or she woul be real close and prepin' a den. I cought a mom and 6 pups last year that took out around 70-90 chickens I have free ranging in about a month. I've got another one hangin' out this tear but I think he is a male and is keepin' away from my flock for now. If you realy want some good pics and possibly find where he is goin' pick up a Bushnell trophy cam, I've got about a month or so of what I think is a big male, I tried to post the pics or videos on here for this post but it will not allow it, The camera will cost about 200 bucks but if you live out in the woods like I do, it is worth every penny to see what all goes on in the woods when your not around, also go lookin aroung for a hole about the size of a coffee can, the will have a front door and back door "2 holes" cover one hole up early to mid morning and put a live "have-a-hart" trap at the other hole with a little bit of dry dog food mixed with some cheap caned cat food, worked out real well for me..Good luck and happy huntin' ;)
MLP
Platinum Member

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 12:06:03 AM »

24/7 - Mr T didn't respond out of line, or out of anger.  This is a professional forum sponsored by taxidermy supply companies to allow those involved or interested in the taxidermy industry to share ideas, advise and other information relevant to the industry.  There are guidelines to the use of this forum and the posting of topics.  You said, "I just found this interesting and thought a few others mite also", which indicates by your own confession it is a topic that has NOTHING to do with taxidermy, but that YOU found interesting.  Notice under the General Topics section at the bottom of the home page - the category "Current Events".  Under it there is a definition of what to post there...anything NOT related to the taxidermy industry.  i.e. if its not related to taxidermy don't post it anywhere else.  Post something for sale in any of the other categories and see what happens.

And HOOKED, you just did what you accused MrT and others of doing, and rather than take issue with the comment you attacked them personally.  You are way off base with your attitude and your statistics.  The majority of the arrogant, degrading, belittling and just plain ignorant remarks come from the thin-skinned newbies that come on here and get their panties in a wad with the arrogance and sense of self-entitlement you so efficiently displayed with your remarks.  You jumped in here with total disrespect for the forum itself, the sponsors and the people who make this forum the valuable tool it is.  The space on here IS VALUABLE and the least the newbies that come on here could do is adhere to the guidelines of the forum itself.  That this is an open forum does not imply you have some innate right to use it as you wish, or to criticize those who understand the forum's function, respect it's purpose, and adhere to the guidelines.  This IS NOT a social forum and you DO NOT have a right to jump in anywhere you want and say whatever you want. There are a few guys on here renowned for their directness, and for their very strong opinions, but they are some of the same people who take a LOT of time to help ANYONE with legitimate questions or concerns and their experience and wealth of knowledge is NOT something they owe you or anyone else.  Further, their comments, while at times pointed are rarely the type of angry, degrading and personal attack you just displayed.  It is a privilege we are afforded to enjoy this site, not a right.  Under the circumstances MrT was went easy on 24/7.

Shasta, this is not a social or relational site.  If you're looking for someone to take the time to patiently walk you through your questions, sugar-coating the answers so as not to offend then this site is going to be difficult for you.  Take advantage of the relationships you have with other taxidermists that can help you.  I'm not saying I always approve of the way everyone on here responds to certain questions, but you have to understand what this forum is and take it at face value.  If you can learn not to take criticism personally, and appreciate the comments, advice and critiques for what they are, you will find that the level of skill and experience made available to you here is more than you will find anywhere else.  For a good percentage of the people here, this is not the place to go have a "happy place feeling"...this is work, its their business, their livelihood, and even their passion.  To take that lightly, or to expect anything else from them is actually disrespectful and even offensive to them.  I hope you will find the wherewithal to take advantage of this forum within the limits of its own reality.  It is what it is, and within those confines it is an incredible tool.  Don't expect it to be anything else or try to make it into something else, at least not until you have your first 18,000 posts or so.

hooked

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 12:39:30 AM »

I do believe this site is a valuable tool. And i use it as such. I'm tired of the b.s. that some of the guys post. always arguing and blowing there own ego. wanna know what's really funny everybody is judged on how many post you have. Big deal so you know your way around a keyboard. Not saying that all of the members here are that way but there is a group of people on this site that need to be straightened up. It's been brought up time and time again and yet nothing has been done about it. Still belittling and trash talking. God forbid a guy with thirteen post tells how it is. I found this forum a year ago and thought wow this is awesome group of ladies and gents that want to share there experiences, techniques, and genuine criticism. What a great thing to be a part of. Nope. Nope nope I'm better than you And you. And you. Before you come down on the new guy for saying how it is best check the you beloved members of the post club. Does 18 million posts qualify for master taxidermist? Nope nope nope bull chit  bigotry at its finest. Judge me cause of the number of posts I have. I hate to tell and elder to grow up but thats what it comes down to. School is over no longer have to bully to prove something your not. I was not attacking anyone simply telling how it is. If you all don't like it lick the skid marks off my chonies. This site could be something great. But won't be without some sort of order. And how you have it now by calling me out for being a newbie and speaking my mind is chit.

michael p.
Platinum Member

Getting better with age :)

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 01:09:32 AM »

This site could be great of we didn't have people who have never answers ONE question telling another member (MLP) to lick the skid marks off his chonies'. Seriously hooked, what have you contributed that earns you respect?  Tell me one thing?  You say 'this site could be great if'..... if what?!  This site has taught more about Taxidermy in the last 10 years than has previously been taught in 100 years of combined institutions..... yet you complain!

I remember you whining months or so ago because you did not get an immediate response.... I remember you whining about how other Taxidermists would not give you the time of day, yet you come to a place that has archived 100,000's of Taxidermy procedures and what do you do?  You [expletive deleted]ing bitch about it!

Was what Paul said rude?  Maybe, probably, yes, no, who cares..... those are all the right answers.  You come to a FREE site and expect it to be taught like a damn paid tuition class.  Really?!  Then go pay the $6000 or so and get the [expletive deleted] off this site.  Until you have stayed up till 3:00 AM in the morning posting FREE tutorials only to get back up at 6:00 AM to go to work you have no room to bitch.  Until you have let bondo resin set up in an elk ear and then had to remove and redo the entire ear set because you were on the phone graciously answering questions of people on this site then you have no room to bitch. 

See, many of us do care, many of us do share and we don't need some [expletive deleted] coming here telling a missionary (yes, that's what MLP) does in his full time career all over the world) to lick his skid marks and in the same breath tell us how you could make it a better site 'if'.

Answer your first question and write your first tutorial before you go giving out orders.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 01:35:20 AM by michael p. » Logged

Spent my whole life lookin' back
 Not lookin' ahead to see
 Trying to keep my feet on track
 Doin' what was expected of me
 Kick my shoes off so they can't trace me
 Leave no forwarding address
 Before they all drive me crazy
 And I leave 'em all in a bloody mess
C.C.
Heck
Platinum Member

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 01:16:23 AM »

Well said Michael.  ;)

There is a fine line between confidence and cockyness!
tem
Platinum Member

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2012, 01:19:51 AM »

and all this over a red fox.  ???
michael p.
Platinum Member

Getting better with age :)

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 01:32:50 AM »

PS I'd love to have a redfox coming into my back yard.  As far as when they have pups.....i'd have to check google ;)

Spent my whole life lookin' back
 Not lookin' ahead to see
 Trying to keep my feet on track
 Doin' what was expected of me
 Kick my shoes off so they can't trace me
 Leave no forwarding address
 Before they all drive me crazy
 And I leave 'em all in a bloody mess
C.C.
JE
Platinum Member

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2012, 02:12:52 AM »

Well said MLP and MP, (lot of m's and p's there LOL).
MP, I would check out what diseases a red fox could bring into your back yard , not so bad for us adults but  if any one has kids playing in their yard my advice would shoot the  fox on sight, or site ! both count in this case.
john

Low T
Platinum Member

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2012, 06:32:19 AM »

24/7 don't let mr T's arrogance get to you. He among some others on this site have big heads. They are king of this forum. And love to trash others. I have been on and off this site for over a year and seen this the whole time. Nothing but a bunch of one uppers. They all think so little about themselves they have to belittle people on a forum where people share there questions and comments about the taxidermy industry. They love to argue online. Ever heard the that "song so much cooler online" by Brad Paisley. It's a good one. Almost 80% of the post on here have them on it belittling, degrading and being just plane ignorant. Let them have there licks they dont know what true happiness is. get out of your head and into the heart. That being said I enjoyed the post 24/7. Only to be so lucky to have a fox in my back yard. You should set a camera up and try to get some good pics.
Arrogance? Big head? King of the forum? One uppers? Look in the mirror,, sounds like you are so much bigger on line. LOL,  I didn't call you any names.  Nor was I rude or demeaning to you, or 24/7. And I am very positive that 24/7 didn't get injured from reading some print on a computer screen.

MLP, you have a very good understanding and description of this site and it's purposes. Thank you for posting them clearly.

And no, I do not own a Tshirt that has a wolf or unicorn on it.
There is no such thing as gun control, only people control.
Stop Rot,,use it or lose it.
Rest well our friend, you are missed.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Beginners  |  Topic: red fox living in my backyard « previous next »