turkey wing mount
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 01, 2014, 04:13:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1619944 Posts in 191547 Topics by 43293 Members
Latest Member: bambistew
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear! Please Click Here for full details and to enter.
You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate. Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Bird Taxidermy  |  Topic: turkey wing mount « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: turkey wing mount  (Read 1541 times)
cook taxidermy
Bronze Member

« on: May 01, 2012, 03:00:35 PM »

im bout ready to dtart doin work on a eastern turkey i got this year my question is that ive done fan mounts before and i want to do a fan wing mount i have never done it before just wanting some in sight on how to do this thanks~Cook
Bert
Bronze Member

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 04:24:02 PM »

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,256477.0.html

A Member of AIT
buckwounder
Platinum Member

Sometimes you get lucky...

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 04:27:13 PM »

It's simple.

Expose the wing bones, and remove the biggest bone from the joint. clean all the meat and fat from in the joint,  bones and on the skin, spread the wings out in your desired position, add borax, and let em dry for a while,

Order a plaque.... Walnut Creek Hardwoods makes great plaques for fan/wing mounts.

I secure the wings with screws and washers, but other people have different methods, like filling the gap between the wingbones with bondo for a secure place to set their screws. As long as the wings are securely attached to the plaque, there will be no problems!

cook taxidermy
Bronze Member

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 09:58:25 PM »

thanks for all of the replys thanks~Cook
Pages: [1] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Bird Taxidermy  |  Topic: turkey wing mount « previous next »